PDA

View Full Version : Sawyer Smith committed to UCF earlier today...

HoopsCoach21
06-02-2015, 08:04 PM
That sucks he didn't give us a little more time to evaluate and go after him. Pretty sure he was way up on our QB board.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-02-2015, 08:10 PM
I think it shows more how our staff feels about Hurts & our chances with him more so than losing out on Sawyer. Sawyer was on campus & threw today then commits to UCF before he gets home. I think that means good news for us & Hurts.

Coach34
06-02-2015, 08:11 PM
yeah- means he got told we have someone else

Bothrops
06-02-2015, 08:21 PM
Come on down Mr. Hurts!!

msstate7
06-02-2015, 08:24 PM
Hope we don't miss out on this kid like we did with Dobbs and okorn and end up really reaching at the end.

Todd4State
06-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Hope we don't miss out on this kid like we did with Dobbs and okorn and end up really reaching at the end.

Worst case scenario is Juwan Adams. And I would be fine with that if that does indeed happen.

Coach34

with what we have at QB right now plus what is coming in with this signing class- I could give a shit. We will be fine at QB for the next 4 years as is

Bothrops

Yep because everyone is gonna want this kid.

msstate7
06-02-2015, 08:46 PM
with what we have at QB right now plus what is coming in with this signing class- I could give a shit. We will be fine at QB for the next 4 years as is

I'm greedy. I wanna be set for 5 years haha

Really Clark?
06-02-2015, 09:55 PM

Okorn didn't pan out so that didn't really matter.

msstate7
06-02-2015, 09:57 PM
Okorn didn't pan out so that didn't really matter.

What about Dobbs?

Dallas_Dawg
06-02-2015, 09:59 PM
The Dak Prescott effect is just beginning to show in recruiting QBs. We don't have to worry about losing out on all qb targets any more. If we get Hurts, that is huge to pull a kid from Texas where every big school recruits hard.

Irondawg
06-02-2015, 10:00 PM
In still ticked about Dobbs even though I love our current guys as well

Really Clark?
06-02-2015, 10:19 PM
What about Dobbs?

Didn't say anything about Dobbs. Looks like he will have a good career at TN. I think Fitz and Staley may fit our scheme better but not taking anything away from him. I was just reminding you that you want someone that couldn't cut it at a struggling Houston and left the program? He wasn't a miss that hurt us and comes to mind as a player we really wished we had right now. The only QB I wished we had not lost was Sandberg (maybe Newton but he is a sore subject). I think he fit so well but understand his decision

jumbo
06-03-2015, 08:20 AM
What about Dobbs?

still early to say anything about Dobbs. he looked great at times but also looked pretty bad at times.

and as someone else said, our QB situation now is not even close to what it was then. we don't have to scramble to find someone because we need bodies. we'll put the full court press on Hurts and if he goes elsewhere we'll take a look at Adams.

MabenMaroon
06-03-2015, 08:28 AM
I have got one name for this discussion ... Augie DeBiase ... that is all. An acquaintance of mine ( huge Gator fan ) from down in same area of FL that this young man is from, is saying that this young man is one of those special types in terms of the intangibles such as character, leadership, drive, smarts, work ethic, faith, etc. that is rare and hard to come buy ( think Dak or Tim Tebow ). Plus he has very good physical talents with a very high ceiling. Must be something to this, in that he has already visited once after Coach Sallach went and watched him in person, he is here for the current camp and I have heard will be here for the Big Dawg Camp. That is a pretty good distance and expense to be traveling and I feel that the coaches would not be encouraging him that if they didn't see something.

sandwolf
06-03-2015, 08:53 AM
I have got one name for this discussion ... Augie DeBiase ... that is all. An acquaintance of mine ( huge Gator fan ) from down in same area of FL that this young man is from, is saying that this young man is one of those special types in terms of the intangibles such as character, leadership, drive, smarts, work ethic, faith, etc. that is rare and hard to come buy ( think Dak or Tim Tebow ). Plus he has very good physical talents with a very high ceiling. Must be something to this, in that he has already visited once after Coach Sallach went and watched him in person, he is here for the current camp and I have heard will be here for the Big Dawg Camp. That is a pretty good distance and expense to be traveling and I feel that the coaches would not be encouraging him that if they didn't see something.

Steve mentioned this kid the other day.....said he had been to campus several times and that he was a big Mullen fan.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-03-2015, 08:57 AM
I don't think we take Adams (just not an SEC passer) or DeBiase (doesn't run well enough to do what Mullen needs). If we missed on Hurts I think you could see us move toward Xavier Gaines from FL. He has a lot of top notch offers but he's not at the top of any of their boards. If things linger on I could see him being a name of interest later on. I think we land Hurts tho so it may all be just talk.

Dawg496
06-03-2015, 09:31 AM
If we land Hurts that is huge. He is a texas guy and stealing him from A&M is no small feat. And he has an offer from Lane Kiffin as well.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-03-2015, 10:54 AM
I don't think we take Adams (just not an SEC passer) or DeBiase (doesn't run well enough to do what Mullen needs). If we missed on Hurts I think you could see us move toward Xavier Gaines from FL. He has a lot of top notch offers but he's not at the top of any of their boards. If things linger on I could see him being a name of interest later on. I think we land Hurts tho so it may all be just talk.

Would Josh White be in the mix if we miss on hurts? I don't know much about him other than he has good size (6'5"/230). http://247sports.com/Player/Josh-White-34767

ShotgunDawg
06-03-2015, 11:09 AM
Would Josh White be in the mix if we miss on hurts? I don't know much about him other than he has good size (6'5"/230). http://247sports.com/Player/Josh-White-34767

He's a position change guy that likely moves to TE.

Rosebowl said that White isn't a take right now, but could be a guy that a spot opens up for late.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-03-2015, 11:18 AM
Like Shotgun said White isn't a QB on the next level. He was at camp yesterday & worked out with the TE.

HancockCountyDog
06-03-2015, 03:57 PM
This is great news with Hurts. I'll be surprised if we don't hear good news by kickoff.