PDA

View Full Version : Jeffery Simmons...

BankerDog
06-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Guys, I believe this kid might be the best player in the state. We have got to get him in the boat. Add in with him, Lashley, and Brown and I believe we will have dominated the instate recruiting on the year.

Bothrops
06-02-2015, 03:00 PM
Need to get Kobe Jones too. Guy is a stud.

Big4Dawg
06-02-2015, 03:35 PM
Kobe received a Bama offer yesterday

archdog
06-03-2015, 08:05 AM
My first statement would always be, go to Bama and ride the pine for 3 years or come to State and be a big part of our team year 2. Play meaningful time for 3 years versus 1.5 at Bama. That and you have to pray they don't sign someone better next year.

maroonmania
06-03-2015, 09:14 AM
My first statement would always be, go to Bama and ride the pine for 3 years or come to State and be a big part of our team year 2. Play meaningful time for 3 years versus 1.5 at Bama. That and you have to pray they don't sign someone better next year.

Yep, just read him off the names of guys, a lot of high rated guys, that Bama signed that have been "processed".

blacklistedbully
06-03-2015, 09:52 AM
Yep, just read him off the names of guys, a lot of high rated guys, that Bama signed that have been "processed".

With the way those guys have been getting their egos stroked for years, and lately by a ton of college coaches, relatives, friends, hangers-on, etc, I suspect very few of those guys believe that could be them.

Logically, you are spot-on, but it's hard to be logical about that when you're constantly told how great you are, constantly get special treatment, and are head-and-shoulders better than just about anyone you've every played with or against through high school.

MSUDawg99
06-03-2015, 01:24 PM
Rosebowl brought up a good point the other day on his podcast. He said that Bama will offer guys early to keep them from committing or possibly visiting other schools then when it gets closer to signing day & Bama sees what they have in their signing class they start limiting correspondence with said "early offer guy" & not returning calls, tweets, etc. They play head games. Not cool.

maroonmania
06-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Rosebowl brought up a good point the other day on his podcast. He said that Bama will offer guys early to keep them from committing or possibly visiting other schools then when it gets closer to signing day & Bama sees what they have in their signing class they start limiting correspondence with said "early offer guy" & not returning calls, tweets, etc. They play head games. Not cool.

Which is sort of what happened with TD Moton. Its being "processed" pre-signing I guess.

msstate7
06-03-2015, 01:41 PM
Which is sort of what happened with TD Moton. Its being "processed" pre-signing I guess.

To be fair, he may have processed himself with his lack of academic progress

maroonmania
06-03-2015, 01:57 PM
To be fair, he may have processed himself with his lack of academic progress

Probably so, if you've got multiple kids for a spot with equitable athletic ability, why not go with the one who doesn't have academic question marks.

smootness
06-03-2015, 08:32 PM

Everybody does this to some degree, though. Everybody slow-plays guys they know they can get but aren't sure yet if they want.

And sometimes that in and of itself backfired, i.e. us and Josh Dobbs.

Coach34
06-03-2015, 08:42 PM

Bama can do that- because they are Bama