PDA

View Full Version : How bad will USCe beat us this year?

woozman
07-07-2013, 10:59 AM
One of my coworkers moved to the coast from Spartanburg several years ago (lifelong Cock fan) and I took him to S'vegas for the game 2-years ago. He wants to return the favor this year and take me to Columbia for our game. I'd like to head up there with him because I've never been to a game there, but I don't want to go through the time and effort for a 50-10 beat down...

Thoughts?

mic
07-07-2013, 11:03 AM
One of my coworkers moved to the coast from Spartanburg several years ago (lifelong Cock fan) and I took him to S'vegas for the game 2-years ago. He wants to return the favor this year and take me to Columbia for our game. I'd like to head up there with him because I've never been to a game there, but I don't want to go through the time and effort for a 50-10 beat down...

Thoughts?
it wont be that bad.. prob just 49-10.... typical State fan post.. always doom and gloom..

woozman
07-07-2013, 11:09 AM
typical State fan post..

If I wanted a smartass reply, I would have posted this question on 6pack...

The Croom Diaries
07-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Who cares, go and have fun. We have no rivalry with them. If they spank us they'll feel sorry for you. If its close they'll say good game. If we win it will be awesome.

mic
07-07-2013, 11:15 AM

Well don't start your thread with How bad will USCe beat us this year....

Coach34
07-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Probably was not the best way to phrase the question Wooz

I think we'll play hard and go see what happens. Should be a good trip and they have a cool stadium

CadaverDawg
07-07-2013, 12:20 PM

Thoughts?

Come on, Wooz. They may not beat us at all, so don't concede a game like that. That would be like me asking you how many dicks you will suck this week.

I seen it dawg
07-07-2013, 12:25 PM

I totally agree with you. That's a SPS question all the way, should have gone there with that one.

Hump4Hoops
07-07-2013, 12:31 PM

If you don't want a smartass reply, don't post questions on the internet.

BogeyGolfer
07-07-2013, 01:09 PM
If you were to pose this question after a couple of games then I could give you a rational response, otherwise who the hell knows what will happen? I can tell you that USCe plays very well at home and their crowd gets loud as hell. We will have to play very well to win. Go have a good time and enjoy the experience.

hailmari
07-07-2013, 02:35 PM
I actually think we'll have a chance. They were only impressive in one game last year (UGA) and struggled against UK, Furman, and Vandy (granted, vandy had a solid team). As long as the team doesn't have a gloom/doom attitude, it should be competitive.

Coach 57
07-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Our defense will make the game competitive. If we don't turn the ball over we will be in the game till the very end. But we have got to run screens & draws to offset Clowney's and their defenses upfield rush. That is one of the ONLY ways our offense (in it's current state) will work Vs teams like this with an aggressive rush.

Will James
07-07-2013, 04:25 PM
27-13

Coach 57
07-07-2013, 06:37 PM
I could see that with them scoring late in the 4th to close out the game.

woozman
07-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Probably was not the best way to phrase the question Wooz

I think we'll play hard and go see what happens. Should be a good trip and they have a cool stadium

In hindsight - agreed.

woozman
07-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Come on, Wooz. They may not beat us at all, so don't concede a game like that. That would be like me asking you how many dicks you will suck this week.

Not where I would have gone for an example, but I get the point.

Todd4State
07-07-2013, 10:00 PM
I went to South Carolina in 1998 when we beat them 38-0. Kevin Prentiss took the kickoff to the house, we recovered a fumble and took it in for a TD and JJ Johnson had about a 75 yard TD run to start the game. It was pretty fun.

Just go- their fans aren't bad at all and according to urban legend the stadium was originally built to try to get a NFL team there which didn't work, but it gives them a pretty nice stadium. It was pretty loud at kickoff- until Prentiss quieted them- but I think typically it's a pretty good atmosphere.

FISHDAWG
07-08-2013, 08:30 AM
^^^ dead on right there Todd ^^^ ... I was there the last time Jackie was coach and Holtz on 4th & goal from the 15 with the second string QB threw the winning TD with a minute or two left in the Game ... Holtz got my attention with that ballsy call ... but it is a nice stadium that is easy to get in and out from and def worth the trip .... we usually play them pretty close

Spider-Man
07-08-2013, 08:57 AM
I would go. I think we have a decent shot at winning it.

bulldawg28
07-08-2013, 10:30 AM
We match up with SC well. It's typically a close game one that wouldn't shock me if we won.

fishwater99
07-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Go to the game. I think it will be close, with the edge going to USCe.....

Cocks 31 Dogs 24

LiterallyPolice
07-08-2013, 11:21 AM
I live in the Carolinas now, so this year will be my second time seeing us play in Columbia. Definitely go to the game.... great stadium and atmosphere, and South Carolina fans on the whole are great fans. They are enjoying success now but aren't arrogant. You should have a good time regardless of the outcome.