PDA

View Full Version : A look at the most sidewalk fanbases

boarmassage
06-02-2015, 10:51 AM
It's not a perfect survey, but I thought the results ended up being pretty close to what you would expect.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/6/2/8622799/college-fans-facebook-sidewalk-alumni

Smitty
06-02-2015, 11:06 AM
Which is why I've always said we have a deeper connection to our sports. And over the years the failures that we have experienced makes us the most ____________ fan base in the country. Can't think of the right word. Emotionally tested?

We are the Poland of fan bases. Yes others have rabid fans but our connection and ALWAYS coming back for more punishment sets us apart from most.

Dawg Corps
06-02-2015, 11:11 AM
Which is why I've always said we have a deeper connection to our sports. And over the years the failures that we have experienced makes us the most ____________ fan base in the country. Can't think of the right word. Emotionally tested?

We are the Poland of fan bases. Yes others have rabid fans but our connection and ALWAYS coming back for more punishment sets us apart from most.

Especially with regard to football and in response to our emotional attachment, I say this is due to the fact that we haven't ever really had the opportunity as a fanbase to become fair weather fans.