PDA

View Full Version : So let me see if I have this straight....

Coach34
06-01-2015, 01:24 PM
1. Media say State lost too many starters to be any good in 2015.
2. Media say Dakota Prescott is a one-man team
3. Media say other teams that replace lower-rated talent with higher rated talent will be better at those positions- unless you are Miss State
4. Media goes so far as to rate teams without including their QB to try to make State look worse.
5. Phil Steele places 2 guys that didnt start last year on his preseason All-American teams- but again- State will fall back because it lost "starters"

The bullshit flying out there this year is amazing

MadDawg
06-01-2015, 01:32 PM
It's getting pretty clear that the so-called experts are struggling this year. When MSU and UM are good it makes their job difficult.

Raytoraid83
06-01-2015, 01:33 PM
3. Media say other teams that replace lower-rated talent with higher rated talent will be better at those positions- unless you are Miss State
4. Media goes so far as to rate teams without including their QB to try to make State look worse.
5. Phil Steele places 2 guys that didnt start last year on his preseason All-American teams- but again- State will fall back because it lost "starters"

Add all these things together and public perception makes Vegas set o/u at 7. Good news for us, bad news for bookies.

MSUDawg99
06-01-2015, 01:38 PM

And 5 guys, I think it was, to pre-season All-SEC? Yeah cool.

Bothrops
06-01-2015, 02:22 PM
Some jealousy is at play here. In their minds we aren't ever supposed to win shit, because we're deemed poor, little brother, and have no talent (because no one really wants to be in Starkville). When we have success, it scars them. They deny reality in its face.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2015, 02:55 PM
I just tell people to remember all that shit in January.

BulldogBear
06-01-2015, 02:59 PM
They adjust and spout whatever they have to so that it means we will suck. It's very predictable now.

Dawgface
06-01-2015, 03:13 PM
Fine with me. Hopefully our opponents will buy into it as well.

thf24
06-01-2015, 03:16 PM
They adjust and spout whatever they have to so that it means we will suck.

That's what it comes down to. Not because it's what they necessarily believe, but it's what sells. I'll never understand it, but for some reason the masses like to see the little guy kept under the heel of the boot. Especially when they show signs of lifting themselves out of that position like we have lately.

fishwater99
06-01-2015, 04:24 PM
Fine with me. Hopefully our opponents will buy into it as well.

I agree, the more locker room material the better. I hope we get a Big Chip on our shoulder for that LSU game..

FlabLoser
06-01-2015, 08:09 PM
This stuff used to be irritating. Now it's just comical.

I'll take recognition on the scoreboard and atop the AP football poll over everything else.

Billy Ray Valentine
06-01-2015, 09:59 PM
This stuff used to be irritating. Now it's just comical.

I'll take recognition on the scoreboard and atop the AP football poll over everything else.

I agree. I don't give 2 shits what the media says. We're better this way anyway.

tcdog70
06-02-2015, 11:15 AM
You got it Billy Ray--we always play better when everybody thinks we suck. I don't care what the media says--the proof will be in the puddin.

mic
06-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Like I said earlier.. We have run out of bulletin board material a long time ago... It's damn near a shrine by now...

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-02-2015, 06:15 PM
Before long, we're going to have to build a separate room just for bulletin boards. The "Bulletin Board Plaza" if you will.