PDA

View Full Version : Bear makes this list of top 25 Wide Receivers...

dawgclub99
06-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Good to see him finally getting the respect that he deserves.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/127709592/college-football-wide-receiver-tight-end-preseason-rankings-2015

CadaverDawg
06-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Wow, Ole Miss with the #1 WR and the #1 TE? Also the #1 DL, #1 OL. I just can't understand how it's not National Championship or bust for them this year.

If any other team in the country had that talent, they'd be ranked #1 and preseason Natl Champ. Not ranked #14 or whatever they're ranked. What am I missing? Is Freeze a bad coach, or is the talent over hyped? It's got to be one or the other, bc you can't rank their players the best at every position and then rank their team 14th in the country...doesn't make sense.

LC Dawg
06-01-2015, 10:29 AM
Wow, Ole Miss with the #1 WR and the #1 TE? Also the #1 DL, #1 OL. I just can't understand how it's not National Championship or bust for them this year.

If any other team in the country had that talent, they'd be ranked #1 and preseason Natl Champ. Not ranked #14 or whatever they're ranked. What am I missing? Is Freeze a bad coach, or is the talent over hyped? It's got to be one or the other, bc you can't rank their players the best at every position and then rank their team 14th in the country...doesn't make sense.

As far as the tight end rankings go the #1 and #2 ranked guys should thank our defense for contributing heavily to their numbers. If Engram doesn't light Florida up this year I am going to place a bounty on Geoff Collins.

thf24
06-01-2015, 10:30 AM
It's got to be one or the other, bc you can't rank their players the best at every position and then rank their team 14th in the country...doesn't make sense.

CBS is even more of a head scratcher; dropped them from #10 pre-spring to #22 post-spring while still singing the praises of their talent. The hype is good for business, but I think a lot of these guys have a different personal opinion than what they're putting out, subconscious or otherwise.

Jack Lambert
06-01-2015, 10:39 AM
Bear has Dak throwing to him. Tredwell doesn't. Bear and our wide recievers will be open alot more because Daks abilitiy to run.

messageboardsuperhero
06-01-2015, 10:48 AM
#24 is still way too low. No way in hell there are 23 better receivers in college football than Bear Wilson.

maroonmania
06-01-2015, 11:17 AM
#24 is still way too low. No way in hell there are 23 better receivers in college football than Bear Wilson.

Agreed, but it would be nice if pro scouts thought this way as well just for the simple fact that it would be nice to still have Bear around for his SR season.

FISHDAWG
06-01-2015, 11:18 AM
just last fall they were trying that lump of lard known as Liggins out at TE because they were unsure about that position

1bigdawg
06-01-2015, 11:23 AM

Don't forget another first rounder in Tony Conner. It is very hard to see how they could lose a game this year.

On another issue, I hope Engram goes pro after this season.