PDA

View Full Version : Well, the embedded ads on the bottom of the pages here....

maroonmania
05-31-2015, 07:48 PM
have ruined this site for me. They keep pulling me down to the bottom of the page to view them no matter what I do. Happens in IE and Google Chrome. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there an easy solution? I can fix it by going to mobile view but I don't really want to have to always use mobile view on my laptop.

TheRef
05-31-2015, 07:50 PM
have ruined this site for me. They keep pulling me down to the bottom of the page to view them no matter what I do. Happens in IE and Google Chrome. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there an easy solution? I can fix it by going to mobile view but I don't really want to have to always use mobile view on my laptop.

If you're using chrome, Adblocker is the best thing to solve that problem. Now I'll occasionally take it off to click an ad to support, but then it's right back on. Prevents pop-ups and everything.

maroonmania
05-31-2015, 08:00 PM
Guess I can try that but this is the only site I have any issue like this. And these are embedded ads down at the bottom, not really pop ups. These type ads are on other sites but I've never had an issue where the page automatically goes down to them and forces you there, that's what's different.

Leroy Jenkins
05-31-2015, 08:19 PM
Guess I can try that but this is the only site I have any issue like this. And these are embedded ads down at the bottom, not really pop ups. These type ads are on other sites but I've never had an issue where the page automatically goes down to them and forces you there, that's what's different.

Same here.

Coach34
05-31-2015, 09:03 PM
I'll pass it along and see why its suddenly become a problem- I use Chrome and its literally never happened to me

BeardoMSU
05-31-2015, 09:04 PM
If you're using chrome, Adblocker is the best thing to solve that problem. Now I'll occasionally take it off to click an ad to support, but then it's right back on. Prevents pop-ups and everything.

This^^^ Adblocker is the easiest solution. It even works when watching youtube videos.

maroonmania
05-31-2015, 09:12 PM
I'll pass it along and see why its suddenly become a problem- I use Chrome and its literally never happened to me

Thanks, guess I'll try Adblocker if the problem continues.

Dawg4Life
05-31-2015, 09:21 PM

Same here. I just cleared my cache.

DancingRabbit
05-31-2015, 09:38 PM
Not happening in Firefox. Don't have Adblocker installed, but FF has some built-in pop-up protection I think.

Barking 13
05-31-2015, 09:52 PM
It's been happening to me too.. responded on a post about it the other day.. I think the OP was CD....

maroonmania
05-31-2015, 09:53 PM
Same here. I just cleared my cache.

Hey, thanks for the tip, trying that seems to have stopped the issue for me so far.

MSUDawg4Life
05-31-2015, 09:59 PM
What ads at the bottom? :)

Come on guys. It's 2015. Are we still complaining about ads and popups? It's an easy fix. Fix it and move on.

maroonmania
05-31-2015, 10:02 PM

Come on guys. It's 2015. Are we still complaining about ads and popups? It's an easy fix. Fix it and move on.

Yep, when its the only site I visit on the internet giving me this particular problem I'll complain. However, so far, clearing my cache does seem to have fixed the issue. Wouldn't have known that if I hadn't asked in this thread.

Leroy Jenkins
06-01-2015, 06:06 AM

http://www.donellevance.com/tshirtpr0n/images/shirts/fullsize/dbag.jpg