PDA

View Full Version : ReallyClark... Before you bring up the next freak of nature talent baseball player...

RougeDawg
05-31-2015, 02:51 AM
as rebuttal, lets remember this one thing. If we had a team full of these type talents, no one would be discussing our hitting mechanics or approaches. Nor would we be hearing about hitters abandoning our "Hitting Guru's" instructions.

If our hitters did not need tweaking of their swings, this would not be a topic. If we didn't need a real hitting coach this would be a non issue. Yes there are exceptions to every rule, but for anyone watching these regionals the last two days, there are some inherent swing traits to the majority of players who generate more power, no matter their size. Some start their hands high, some low, some pinch elbows, but all get their hands into a similar position pre-swing. In order to get the hands in this position some use different techniques: bat waggle, elbow pinch, lay bat on shoulder with elbows relaxed straight down, but every power swing has something in common. Hands in close proximity to back shoulder, front elbow pointed down (degree toward ground depends on how far hands are back due to human anatomy), and make contact out in front of the plate, without hands rolling over. Also, the further the elbows are extended away (laterally) from the body, the less power a hitter will have.

One cannot deny that using the elbow pinch technique does not help the hitter keep his hands and elbows in the most potentially successful position for power. That's what I am and have been stating for our hitting coaches to teach. Swinging with your elbows tied together is just about anatomically impossible, unless you want to hit cue balls on the infield. I would love to go more in depth on here about hitting, but the nit picking of posts instead of "comprehending the entire picture" prevent one from even attempting to break down a hitters stance/approach and what pitches to expect, and expect in specific situations. Then one could go into pitch count hitting and what to expect based on pitcher (what pitches he throws when in general, is he book pitching this game or changing up the predicted approach, what did he throw the last few hitters, what the last few hitters did to said pitches, what you did your last ab on which pitches, who is on base (fast, slow), how many outs, what inning, what's his out pitch, etc.) but that would cause heads to explode on here.

Hitting is much more complicated than stance, but getting in the most potentially productive stance is crucial before you even take the remainder of hitting into consideration.

Really Clark?
05-31-2015, 03:57 AM
as rebuttal, lets remember this one thing. If we had a team full of these type talents, no one would be discussing our hitting mechanics or approaches. Nor would we be hearing about hitters abandoning our "Hitting Guru's" instructions.

If our hitters did not need tweaking of their swings, this would not be a topic. If we didn't need a real hitting coach this would be a non issue. Yes there are exceptions to every rule, but for anyone watching these regionals the last two days, there are some inherent swing traits to the majority of players who generate more power, no matter their size. Some start their hands high, some low, some pinch elbows, but all get their hands into a similar position pre-swing. In order to get the hands in this position some use different techniques: bat waggle, elbow pinch, lay bat on shoulder with elbows relaxed straight down, but every power swing has something in common. Hands in close proximity to back shoulder, front elbow pointed down (degree toward ground depends on how far hands are back due to human anatomy), and make contact out in front of the plate, without hands rolling over. Also, the further the elbows are extended away (laterally) from the body, the less power a hitter will have.

One cannot deny that using the elbow pinch technique does not help the hitter keep his hands and elbows in the most potentially successful position for power. That's what I am and have been stating for our hitting coaches to teach. Swinging with your elbows tied together is just about anatomically impossible, unless you want to hit cue balls on the infield. I would love to go more in depth on here about hitting, but the nit picking of posts instead of "comprehending the entire picture" prevent one from even attempting to break down a hitters stance/approach and what pitches to expect, and expect in specific situations. Then one could go into pitch count hitting and what to expect based on pitcher (what pitches he throws when in general, is he book pitching this game or changing up the predicted approach, what did he throw the last few hitters, what the last few hitters did to said pitches, what you did your last ab on which pitches, who is on base (fast, slow), how many outs, what inning, what's his out pitch, etc.) but that would cause heads to explode on here.

Hitting is much more complicated than stance, but getting in the most potentially productive stance is crucial before you even take the remainder of hitting into consideration.

Dude! Really! We have been telling you this for weeks and weeks and weeks and you keep bring up stance issues and contradict yourself again in the last paragraph. Stance and anything done BEFORE the swing doesn't really matter as long as the hitter gets into the load position correctly. We all know this have argued with you about it countless times. Now you want to say different and then at the end of the post say that stance is crucial. I don't disagree with you it's crucial but the part I put in bold in the beginning is talking about stance. I don't think you really understand that concept or what is the sequence of the swing. Earlier you don't differentiate between pre load or load and then bring up a zero load concept that is absurd. You can't have a zero load.

I have news for you guru, you will be hard pressed to find very many hits, even oppo, that are not in front of the hitters front thigh. Hitters at that level do not have a problem hitting out front. The problem is nearly always trying to make them let the ball get deeper.

I have begged and begged and begged for you to get more in depth and break down a hitter. This condensing attitude that "I am too advanced" for the audience has not just worn thin it shows the light on the fact you are a fraud who cannot produce a video and break it down. I will happily give you your due and once again it may clear up our disagreement if you will do this. Please get more in depth. Please do an analysis for us. And I am talking about fundamental breakdown. You going off into pitch count strategy, pitcher, innings, outs, etc is for one not too advanced for a lot of people but more importantly is not the same as breaking down the swing. That is two totally different things and we have been discussing the swing.

msstate7
05-31-2015, 07:00 AM
Will James vs Todd
Will James vs I seen it

And now the new baseball posting message board rivalry is born... Rouge vs really clark*

I seen it dawg
05-31-2015, 10:05 AM
Who is Will James?

msstate7
05-31-2015, 10:07 AM
Who is Will James?

He was a poster here a while back that apparently went the way of the dinosaurs haha

Saltydog
05-31-2015, 10:10 AM
nt

msstate7
05-31-2015, 10:12 AM
nt

Yeah. I think I seen it takes pride in taking "will James" from him though

I seen it dawg
05-31-2015, 10:13 AM
Oh that guy that talk so much shit about baseball knowledge but never played. I'm surprised he never gets into this technical hitting discussions that Rouge and Clark write novels about...you would think with his infinite knowledge of the game he would get involved and straighten them out.

I seen it dawg
05-31-2015, 10:14 AM
Yeah. I think I seen it takes pride in taking "will James" from him though

Not pride but it does piss him off extremely. So there's that.

Really Clark?
05-31-2015, 11:43 AM
Just for you Rouge. A video of a little league kid from Japan showing some good "universal" fundamentals during the swing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bar-h-VpW2k

And another non professional hitter.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d5FY3d_43nQ

Elbows are the same distance between each other from stance to contact and with the second hitter even beyond contact.

BeardoMSU
05-31-2015, 11:46 AM
Man, these playground pissing contests sure are fun.....

RocketCityDawg
06-01-2015, 08:36 AM
Just for you Rouge. A video of a little league kid from Japan showing some good "universal" fundamentals during the swing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bar-h-VpW2k

And another non professional hitter.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d5FY3d_43nQ

Elbows are the same distance between each other from stance to contact and with the second hitter even beyond contact.

But are their stances correct? hahahaha

engie
06-01-2015, 09:16 AM
LOL @ the continued attempt to Hitlerize baseball stances... As if "stances" make a damn bit of difference in the first place...

MadDawg
06-01-2015, 09:42 AM
And we wonder why John Cohen overthinks the game - hell we have fans that overthink the game and get in pissing matches about it regularly.

Really Clark?
06-01-2015, 09:57 AM
And we wonder why John Cohen overthinks the game - hell we have fans that overthink the game and get in pissing matches about it regularly.

You are right. I shouldn't engage like I do but its hard when I see something that is fundamentally flawed in the basic and intermittent level and hope that some become more educated. But you have no idea about pissing contests when it comes to hitting and pitching fundamentals. There is a nearly 10 feud that has ran across numerous message boards between two groups of which the lead instructors of both actually taught together and were close friends at one point. And they both teach rotational hitting. If I was to post a student from each group 90% of the people couldn't tell a difference. But they have been fighting over SCR and minimum hand movement and pre-load, load, launch torq factors for a long time.

You are right about something else. Some of the high level instructors and especially the ones who think they are, over-teach. I agree and disagree with them on points but there are areas of instruction they spend so much time on and I really think it's to complicated and in most cases is a non-teach. Especially in the younger age groups. K.I.S.S. Keep it simple stupid helps keep the philosphy manageable and teachable. But that is just my opinion.