PDA

View Full Version : Alex Lange

msstate7
05-31-2015, 01:09 AM
Lsu freshman pitcher is 1 out from a complete game shutout in regional play. Do we have a pitcher in this recruiting class that could step into our rotation and pitch like this?

Jacksondevildog
05-31-2015, 07:06 AM
Parker Ford, Austin Riley, Gray Fenter, Jared Padgett, Ethan Small, Konner Pilkington, and Kale Breaux are all guys that could make an immediate impact next year, if they make it. Parker Ford is 91-94 and just told Bulldogs247 that he is not signing with MLB and he's for sure coming to MSU. Perfect Game rates him a 10 on their site. I'm just hoping that Butch doesn't change his arm slot to make him throw 83 with sink.

I seen it dawg
05-31-2015, 10:07 AM
They better have some stones before they get here because we damn sure coach them to not have them.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2015, 10:25 AM
Lsu freshman pitcher is 1 out from a complete game shutout in regional play. Do we have a pitcher in this recruiting class that could step into our rotation and pitch like this?

As a freshman, Kale Breaux has a chance to come in and be a weekend starter that can make an impact. As the season progresses & as his career progresses, Ethan Small has chance to develop into a first round type ace. He has all the ingredients, just needs to refine some things. Breaux is much more advanced and polished at this time.

As for Parker Ford & Gray Fenter, early on, I would look for them to solidify the back end of our bullpen. Both could move into a starter's role, but ideally you would want those two guys pitching high leverage innings late in games.

Backspin
05-31-2015, 11:28 AM
I know Alex personally...got to watch him pitch 2 summers of elite travel ball. He is rare. Fierce competitor on the field in addition to a great pitcher. You can see it in his eyes. Outside the lines, he's an even better person. Fine young Christian man. Writes a Bible verse on the lid of his cap and steps off the mound and reads it before the first pitch of every game and during tough situations while pitching in a game.

State82
05-31-2015, 02:13 PM
There's a number of freshmen contributing in these regionals for us to never have any step up. This needs to change starting next year.

engie
05-31-2015, 02:27 PM
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-recruiting/kale-breaux-lhp/56512941/

Some fun reading from the same program about one of our guys.

State82
05-31-2015, 02:35 PM

Good stuff right there.

messageboardsuperhero
05-31-2015, 04:36 PM

Did we actually offer Breaux a full ride? Or is that just LSU fans doing their typical sour grapes routine when we beat them out for a recruit?

I seen it dawg
05-31-2015, 05:28 PM
I'm sure typical LSU fans

Joe Schmedlap
05-31-2015, 11:04 PM
Parker Ford hasn't even pitched for Lufkin High during the last 3 weeks. He has either an arm issue or a mental issue. I think his potential is great, but I'm not expecting him to shine as a true freshman. He might even redshirt and then be a three year star.

Todd4State
05-31-2015, 11:42 PM
Parker Ford hasn't even pitched for Lufkin High during the last 3 weeks. He has either an arm issue or a mental issue. I think his potential is great, but I'm not expecting him to shine as a true freshman. He might even redshirt and then be a three year star.

Arm issue. He had some elbow soreness and shut it down.

ZedFedder
05-31-2015, 11:45 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him do well. Also, Todd or MsState, I've heard things with Ethan small are looking better. True?

Todd4State
05-31-2015, 11:51 PM
As a freshman, Kale Breaux has a chance to come in and be a weekend starter that can make an impact. As the season progresses & as his career progresses, Ethan Small has chance to develop into a first round type ace. He has all the ingredients, just needs to refine some things. Breaux is much more advanced and polished at this time.

As for Parker Ford & Gray Fenter, early on, I would look for them to solidify the back end of our bullpen. Both could move into a starter's role, but ideally you would want those two guys pitching high leverage innings late in games.

I agree with this. Breaux is the kind of guy that LSU typically gets that comes in as a freshman and has an impact immediately. He also pitched for Team USA, and if he wasn't 5'10" or whatever he is, he would be a draft prospect.

Breaux will push Hudson, Tatum, and Sexton for a weekend spot. More than likely I think Breaux pitches midweek if I had to guess at this point.

It's really good that we have some veteran pitchers because it will allow Fenter, Small, Ford, Padgett, etc. time to develop- it's a LOT easier for a freshman to contribute and develop coming out of the bullpen because they don't have to have a developed third pitch. As opposed to starting every weekend and go through the lineup three times.

Todd4State
05-31-2015, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him do well. Also, Todd or MsState, I've heard things with Ethan small are looking better. True?

As far as getting him to school- yes. But I won't rest easy until the deadline passes. On anybody that's drafted.

I'd put us getting Ethan Small at about 60% right now.