PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Uniforms?

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2015, 12:56 AM
I saw this floating around twitter & was curious of your thoughts.

Personally, I think they look great & that the stripped unis are SICK awesome.

Also glad that we got rid of the Panama City Airbrush M-State on the pants

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8z9ulIxjbmQ/VWowNLUZWTI/AAAAAAAACgU/HniBT0ESLKs/s1600/2015%2BUniforms%2BAll.png

Smitdawg
05-31-2015, 01:47 AM
I never had a problem with the pants last year, but I do think they look better in these pictures. I definitely like the way the maroon, white and black uniforms look. Not sure yet what to think of the striped uniform. That must be the Egg Bowl uniform since it seems to have some gold in it. I am fine with them if these turn out to be what we are wearing this season.

Todd4State
05-31-2015, 02:19 AM
I like it overall. I like the black take on the standard uniforms which we will obviously wear for Kentucky. I think the striped is a 20's throwback uniform- I'm guessing that us for Troy, La Tech, or Northwestern Louisiana? At any rate I like it too for one game. I assume the Egg Bowl uniform will be released in November like always. Glad to see the M-State off the pants.

starkvegasdawg
05-31-2015, 06:38 AM
Hate the throwback uni. Like the rest. The throwback looks like our team will be spending the day on the side of the road picking up trash.

Schultzy
05-31-2015, 06:48 AM
No black uni's please, our colors are maroon and white.

BulldogBear
05-31-2015, 07:39 AM
Black is actually a neutral color so although I feel jinxed in them and don't wanna wear them I have less problem than I do with the gold ribbons in our hair and stuff for the Egg Bowl for the reason you mentioned above. Also because we are 0-2 in Oxford when we are trying to have the prettiest Egg Ball dress, while Mullen is undefeated in Oxford in good 'ol maroon and white.

As to that monstrous uni on the bottom right... I can dig it if it's a THROWBACK. If it's just addidas coming up with some crazy stuff... NO. NO. And NO. 'Dadis gone 'Didas I guess

bulldawg28
05-31-2015, 08:15 AM
I like them all except for the Pittsburgh Steelers throwback on the end.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
05-31-2015, 08:20 AM
What was wrong with the 1990s "throwback" uniforms we wore last year against Corndog U, aTm, and the cheAUters?

shoeless joe
05-31-2015, 08:32 AM
No reason for us to ever wear black. Throwbacks are ok but I wish we'd just stick with the top 2 and let that become recognizable as miss. State.

Drugdog
05-31-2015, 08:32 AM
3-4 are great. Please NO prison uniforms.

NCDawg
05-31-2015, 08:44 AM
No reason for us to ever wear black. Throwbacks are ok but I wish we'd just stick with the top 2 and let that become recognizable as miss. State.

Agreed, and no gold uniforms and shoes for the Egg Bowl.

Maroonthirteen
05-31-2015, 08:55 AM
I wish I had four hands. Id give the stripe uniform four thumbs down.

First 3....very nice.

FlabLoser
05-31-2015, 09:10 AM
Why is a beanie in the picture?

Saltydog
05-31-2015, 09:11 AM
were til this day my favorite MSU uni. Oh yeah, if we had Don Smith in Dan's offense, he would've put up gigantic numbers.

Jacksondevildog
05-31-2015, 09:13 AM
That is a shot of the shoulder of each uniform.

TheRef
05-31-2015, 09:29 AM
What was wrong with the 1990s "throwback" uniforms we wore last year against Corndog U, aTm, and the cheAUters?

Those are now our standard uniforms.

MabenMaroon
05-31-2015, 09:40 AM
Hate the throwback uni. Like the rest. The throwback looks like our team will be spending the day on the side of the road picking up trash.

My first thoughts were 'prison garb' as well!

Dawgtini
05-31-2015, 09:44 AM
And the stripes are a throw back to, I believe, our first/original ever uniform.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2015, 09:57 AM
I believe the stripped uniforms look awesome and we should consider making them a fairly regular option.

So many other schools have CLASSY, unique things about their uniforms. Alabama has the numbers on the helmets, LSU wears white at home, Auburn has had the same uniform for years, Penn State has nothing on their helmet, Ohio State has the Buckeye stickers, etc.... and for the longest time MSU has had nothing.

MSU has certainly tried in the past to come up with something unique in the uniforms, but more times than not it is something that looks ridiculous and not classy. However, these stripped uniforms are both unique and classy. They are a look that separates us from the competition and offers us an identity.

I would also say that's the biggest issue with MSU football, from a brand standpoint, at this time. MSU football has a brand, people know who we are, and that we are a pretty good team, but we don't have an identity. We don't have anything that makes us unforgettable to the casual viewer. Not saying that these stripped uniforms solve that, but I think it certainly helps.

blacklistedbully
05-31-2015, 10:03 AM
I REALLY like the rugby-stripe throwback unis. I'd lose the logo on the helmet and go with plain maroon, maybe put the number on the front, like the Steelers, perhaps put the logo on the back.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-31-2015, 10:04 AM
I like all 4 uniforms & so will players & recruits but rabble rabble tradition & such.

Statefan
05-31-2015, 10:14 AM
And the stripes are a throw back to, I believe, our first/original ever uniform.

Yup, I think it is a throwback to 1895

I know baseball had some throwbacks recently, and these would be similar to the cream color jerseys we have used in baseball and basketball

bulldawg28
05-31-2015, 10:56 AM
I like all 4 uniforms & so will players & recruits but rabble rabble tradition & such.

Lol... *High Five* sir

monroedawg5646
05-31-2015, 11:25 AM
The stripes are a throw back to the original unis, and first year of the football program in 1895. And after reading the "what to wear" schedule I would assume we're wearing them against LaTech for the "stripe out" game.

msstatelp1
05-31-2015, 11:34 AM

I hate the black uniforms. Black and Maroon are both dark colors and do not work together. If we HAVE to do black, stick to white or silver/gray numbers, piping, and helmets.

scottycameron
05-31-2015, 11:41 AM
has there been a new rule put in place that you have to gay it up for at least one game? Like everybody has to be on CBS at least once? Whoever is doing this every year needs to get a new hobby. Your services are not needed, and not appreciated. Go do something important and full time, like the theatre or something. If you are an art student hopefully you are graduating this year and haven't recruited any mentors. Please, just stop.

Ralph
05-31-2015, 12:37 PM
Add a maroon/gray stripe down the side (similar to auburn) and it's perfect.

RiverCityDawg
05-31-2015, 12:51 PM

+1

I guess some people will just never get that alternate uniforms are not for them, they're for the players and recruits. Feel free to voice your opinion on them, but this "WhY DO we HAVE to GaY it up and WEar GoLD riBBONs!?1??!!!!1!" stuff is just plain ignorant.

scottycameron
05-31-2015, 01:16 PM
+1

I guess some people will just never get that alternate uniforms are not for them, they're for the players and recruits. Feel free to voice your opinion on them, but this "WhY DO we HAVE to GaY it up and WEar GoLD riBBONs!?1??!!!!1!" stuff is just plain ignorant.

What's the thing with the small and caps mixed with the quoted sentence? Looks like a recruit wrote it, but I would think it should be said the opposite of that. No? I'm missing something.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2015, 01:17 PM

As usual, Dan is spot on. I'll never understand our fans acting like mixing up uniforms matters. We don't and won't have a "traditional" uniform, so embrace that we are going to keep it fresh and exciting for today's players and recruits. Besides, nothing would yell "awesome" like a "traditional" uniform that could remind us of our 100 years of suck prior to Jackie.*

I love these 4 uniforms and I think the bumblebee option will be fun for the players.

cbrunt29
05-31-2015, 01:24 PM
I think a grey version of the 100 year anniversary uniform would be a sweet alternate for away games.

Anyways, I like all four of these jerseys

CadaverDawg
05-31-2015, 01:29 PM
I think a grey version of the 100 year anniversary uniform would be a sweet alternate for away games.

Anyways, I like all four of these jerseys

Hell of an idea. I agree.

State82
05-31-2015, 02:20 PM
so will players & recruits

All that matters. I've never cared either way on the uniform issue as long as the baseball logo remains unchanged. Whatever the players/potential recruits like, within reason, is fine with me.

Tbonewannabe
05-31-2015, 02:25 PM
Hell of an idea. I agree.

I agree with you agreeing.

BulldogBear
05-31-2015, 02:59 PM
Those are now our standard uniforms.

Thank God.

Guess I might as well just say 'rabble rabble rabble'

But unis are the most important thing on the average recruit's list***** (It's actually only #8 in priority according to something I saw last season)

Who gives a flip what the people giving to the program like? It's dumb to care about what they think****

Ifyouonlyknew
05-31-2015, 03:04 PM
Thank God.

Guess I might as well just say 'rabble rabble rabble'

But unis are the most important thing on the average recruit's list***** (It's actually only #8 in priority according to something I saw last season)

Who gives a flip what the people giving to the program like? It's dumb to care about what they think****

Nobody said its dumb to care what the alumni think but I think it's dumb for said alumni to bitch & complain when the team wear's special uniforms 2 out of 13 games in a season. Then talk about all this tradition crap with uniforms when we've changed out main uniforms countless times in the last 30yrs alone. I just think the all important alumni could suck it up twice a year for something that our players & recruits like. You know those guys we need to win for most alumni to open their check books.

BulldogBear
05-31-2015, 03:20 PM
Okay. Okay. I do get it. It's no secret I hate the gold unis. I can get heated about it. I even said in my first post on this thread I don't mind the bigstripe (prison term) unis if it's a THROWBACK. That IS traditional to me. But if its just Addidas putting us in some gimpy crap (I didn't know if it was at the time) then they can keep that.

That said, I love our school colors and really don't wanna see Us wearing much of anything else. It's an opinion. I gave a personal, if opinionated, preference on the unis. People don't need to be on here attacking other posters for wanting to WEAR OUR SCHOOL COLORS WITHOUT GETTING TOO FANCY WITH IT. I like a basic uinform that says who we are and we don't need a swish and pickle uniform to be fired up or kick your a$$. Take that stuff somewhere else. It's my opinion. Some say it effects recruiting. Okay.... not near as much as kicking tail or facilities or a bunch other stuff. I'm gonna scream and holler and be squarely behind our team, tradionally or gimpily uniformed. It won't really matter. But if I wanna see us in maroon helmets, white jerseys, and white trousers (I miss Jack) without gold or prison stripes, then let me say it without being called an idiot. Loving maroon and white and guarding it jealously isn't stupid.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-31-2015, 03:32 PM
I don't think I attacked you or called you out of your name. If I did I apologize. I also agree that the vast majority of the time we should be in Maroon & white. I also don't mind if we change it up a couple of times a year. Again if we had a traditional uniform we've worn for years like bama, Penn St, Notre Dame, USC, etc I'd probably be a little more understanding of the defending of our uniforms. Are uniforms the reason a kid picks a school? No. Does it help? Yes. I'm not telling you not voice your opinion or that your opinion is even wrong. I'm just saying from this side of the fence it sounds like a bunch of complaining just for the sake of complaining.

BulldogBear
05-31-2015, 03:36 PM
I don't think I attacked you or called you out of your name. If I did I apologize. I also agree that the vast majority of the time we should be in Maroon & white. I also don't mind if we change it up a couple of times a year. Again if we had a traditional uniform we've worn for years like bama, Penn St, Notre Dame, USC, etc I'd probably be a little more understanding of the defending of our uniforms. Are uniforms the reason a kid picks a school? No. Does it help? Yes. I'm not telling you not voice your opinion or that your opinion is even wrong. I'm just saying from this side of the fence it sounds like a bunch of complaining just for the sake of complaining.
No sweat Dan. Wasn't directed at you at all and no one poster in particular anyway. Some of the posts in this thread just got under skin is all.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-31-2015, 03:42 PM
No sweat Dan. Wasn't directed at you at all and no one poster in particular anyway. Some of the posts in this thread just got under skin is all.

No problem we all have our hot button topics.

pscf3
05-31-2015, 06:11 PM
Here's the complete write-up on the uniforms. Basically the image is my mock-up of what's been rumored. The black jersey would be worn during the Kentucky game (which has been announced as a "blackout"). The stripes are a 1895 throwback rumored to be worn vs LA Tech. Stricklin even retweeted a picture (which is in the article) yesterday of those original unis.

http://msuunitracker.blogspot.com/2015/05/update-what-to-expect-in-2015.html

archdog
05-31-2015, 06:16 PM
I believe the stripped uniforms look awesome and we should consider making them a fairly regular option.

So many other schools have CLASSY, unique things about their uniforms. Alabama has the numbers on the helmets, LSU wears white at home, Auburn has had the same uniform for years, Penn State has nothing on their helmet, Ohio State has the Buckeye stickers, etc.... and for the longest time MSU has had nothing.

MSU has certainly tried in the past to come up with something unique in the uniforms, but more times than not it is something that looks ridiculous and not classy. However, these stripped uniforms are both unique and classy. They are a look that separates us from the competition and offers us an identity.

I would also say that's the biggest issue with MSU football, from a brand standpoint, at this time. MSU football has a brand, people know who we are, and that we are a pretty good team, but we don't have an identity. We don't have anything that makes us unforgettable to the casual viewer. Not saying that these stripped uniforms solve that, but I think it certainly helps.

Other than the stadium full of fans ringing cowbells. Uniforms could set us apart, but they can also just be clean, stick to our logos and such, and let our fans bring the heat.

cbrunt29
05-31-2015, 07:11 PM
Here's the complete write-up on the uniforms. Basically the image is my mock-up of what's been rumored. The black jersey would be worn during the Kentucky game (which has been announced as a "blackout"). The stripes are a 1895 throwback rumored to be worn vs LA Tech. Stricklin even retweeted a picture (which is in the article) yesterday of those original unis.

http://msuunitracker.blogspot.com/2015/05/update-what-to-expect-in-2015.html

Welp, we're probably going to lose to Kentucky then. We've never had luck in black unis

cbrunt29
05-31-2015, 07:19 PM
Another thing...

While I'm not totally against spicing up the egg bowl uniform for the sake of hype and attention, I'd like to see us stay away from the gold stuff. It was cool while it lasted, but it's gotten old. Just my $0.02

BulldogBear
05-31-2015, 07:25 PM
Welp, we're probably going to lose to Kentucky then. We've never had luck in black unis

We've worn them three times and have never won a game in regulation, losing twice by 22 & 28 and having to go to OT with La. Tech

Ifyouonlyknew
05-31-2015, 07:29 PM
We've worn them three times and have never won a game in regulation, losing twice by 22 & 28 and having to go to OT with La. Tech

Once against #1 Florida & once against a 11-2 LSU squad on the road. We could've worn the New England Patriots jerseys & lost those games.

Todd4State
05-31-2015, 07:39 PM
Once against #1 Florida & once against a 11-2 LSU squad on the road. We could've worn the New England Patriots jerseys & lost those games.

Exactly. And we forced Tebow to have one of his worst games in college wearing them. I think we wore them against Alabama once when Bama won the NC and obviously lost.

Todd4State
05-31-2015, 07:52 PM
More two cents from me.

My favorite all time uniforms are the Nike one we had from 96-03 under Jackie. So, I like Adidas's take on them even with the M-State logo.

If I were the fashion police for Dan at MSU, I would:

Wear the maroon tops and white pants at home. Maroon helmet of course. Nike style.

Wear white jerseys white pants and the maroon helmet on the road like we did in 1999. Nike style again.

Those would be our standards. Now, to be modern and hip:

I like Adidas's black uniform take on the Nike uniforms. I would use those against Kentucky or a OOC home game that is not homecoming.

I have long advocated using a special uniform for homecoming. And what I think might be cool is the Nike uniform with silver pants and a gray facemask that matches the silver pants. Wear the same maroon top. I don't know if anyone has noticed besides me, but the past two years we have worm all maroon for homecoming even though it wasn't advertised as such. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but it doesn't appear as if we will wear all maroon this year- which is fine with me. I wasn't a huge fan of the all maroon Nike uniforms and the road white top with maroon pants under Jackie.

And I would have the Egg Bowl special uniform. I think we need to keep doing it. I like the gold because it makes sense with the "Golden Egg". The only thing I think that would be cool is to put the names of the hometown of the Mississippi players on their back nameplate. And for the players that aren't from Mississippi, maybe do just a generic "Our State" or something like that. And I think we could be fairly liberal with the nameplate. I'd be fine with a guy like Fernando Bohanna who I think lived somewhere like Senatobia but played his high school ball in Memphis having Senatobia on his back or the hometown of a close relative on the back of the jersey.

BulldogBear
05-31-2015, 07:57 PM
Exactly. And we forced Tebow to have one of his worst games in college wearing them. I think we wore them against Alabama once when Bama won the NC and obviously lost.

It was against Bama in 2009. We wore maroon head to toe against Teebow, but the other one was indeed against LSU in 2010

RTO Dawg
06-01-2015, 07:13 AM

^^This^^

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls
06-01-2015, 07:55 AM

I thought they were beanies too...

BulldogBear
06-01-2015, 08:46 AM
So after wait, after reading the link above I'm confused. Do we know there are going to be black unis or just that there is going to be a blackout for KY? In which case we are speculating black unis?

Where can we find the fan list of what to wear?

pscf3
06-01-2015, 09:02 AM
So after wait, after reading the link above I'm confused. Do we know there are going to be black unis or just that there is going to be a blackout for KY? In which case we are speculating black unis?

The latter. It seems likely that we wear black uniforms for an announced "blackout". But nothing is confirmed. Hence the question mark.

FISHDAWG
06-01-2015, 09:25 AM
3-4 are great. Please NO prison uniforms.

those are known as the Beagle Boys uni's .... we should wear them against LSU**

dawgpound
06-01-2015, 11:22 AM
I like the top two but please no prison uniforms and why black?

BulldogBear
06-01-2015, 12:46 PM
those are known as the Beagle Boys uni's .... we should wear them against LSU**

Kudos for knowing who beagle boys are Unca Scrooge.

Vinsanity
06-06-2015, 03:24 PM
So does this mean that we won't have a special egg bowl uni this season?

Todd4State
06-06-2015, 05:04 PM
So does this mean that we won't have a special egg bowl uni this season?

We probably will. We've always announced the Egg Bowl uniforms in November.