PDA

View Full Version : Worst away game experience you've ever had?

Smitty
05-30-2015, 04:20 PM
2014 Egg Bowl
2014 @Alabama

2008 Egg Bowl was bittersweet because we knew the Error was over.

2008 GA Tech. No fun. Blowout.

confucius say
05-30-2015, 04:27 PM
Oxford any time we lost. End thread.

But seriously, Oxford 2000 sucked. Lost and rained.

NCDawg
05-30-2015, 04:28 PM
1981 Alabama. Hardest hitting game I ever saw. On Alabama's goal line when Bond's pass was tipped and intercepted. Probably one of the best teams State ever had.

drummerdawg
05-30-2015, 04:34 PM
Lsu 2000

Homedawg
05-30-2015, 04:34 PM
1992 egg bowl. And there weren't many rebels there really. But the ones that were, well,....were cocksuckers.

BulldogBear
05-30-2015, 04:48 PM
Notables would be:

2008 Egg Bowl, 45-0, 'nuff said

1990 @LSU, my dad took me. Hadn't been bowling since '81 and had a real chance to get to six wins. LSU was a bit down. Beat us 44-20. Sigh.

1991 Liberty Bowl if by away we mean not in Starkville or Jackson. JWS first season was a good ride. We just knew we were gonna stomp Air Force. Nope, lost 38-15, including a flukey strip and score. Whole game sucked beginning to end.

As far as enemy fans there is another one but I'm out if time at the moment. I'll do another post later.

starkvegasdawg
05-30-2015, 04:48 PM
Our peach bowl against UNC. But I've never seen them win on the road.

Thompson92
05-30-2015, 04:57 PM
2000 Egg Bowl was awful. It was cold and pouring, and Deuce McAllister ran all over us. That was my first college football game. Games like that are what make our recent success so enjoyable.

Liverpooldawg
05-30-2015, 06:08 PM
The "Stand" game in Oxford. I've never been treated like that leaving a game before or since. I haven't been back to a game in Oxford since then and never will.

Drugdog
05-30-2015, 07:13 PM
The "Stand" game in Oxford. I've never been treated like that leaving a game before or since. I haven't been back to a game in Oxford since then and never will.

Same for me. My father and I were cussed out repeatedly. Will never go back.

Quaoarsking
05-30-2015, 07:28 PM
Any Little Rock game. (I went in '05, '07, and '09)

Smitdawg
05-30-2015, 08:17 PM
2000 LSU game was the worst experience I have ever witnessed at an away game. Before the game walking to the stadium and having a drunk ass LSU student get in my face cursing me and MSU and not letting me by until I shoved him to the side so I could continue on. Then looking like we were going to win the game until the Tigers made that comeback (aided by the fumble a couple yards in front of the goal line that we recovered in the endzone but the refs called a touchdown anyway). I was pissed off the whole rest of the weekend from that.

Any game in Little Rock, because that area and the stadium just suck. If not for wanting to see the Bulldogs play, I would never stop in that town.

2001 at Florida was brutal. It is the only time I have ever been to a game at Florida and to have our team not even show up........ And of course Spurrier running the score up for the waterboy. Then having some UF students taunting me all the way back to the parking lot sucked.

Maroonthirteen
05-30-2015, 10:41 PM
Another vote for any game in Little Rock. Cuss you coming and going. Throwing trash at the band all game. We always lost.... When I was there. 99, 05, 07, 09, ...

Honorable mention, Athens 1997. Long ass drive to watch UGA skull drag us for 2.5 hours. We were terrible that day.

FlabLoser
05-30-2015, 10:53 PM
Baylor. Gridlock from the interstate to the stadium hours before kickoff. Literally not enough parking at the stadium, so traffic just locked up for good. Got to there a couple hours before kickoff and still missed the first quarter. It was almost NFL-preseason-in-Jackson bad.

Ralph
05-30-2015, 11:35 PM
1990 @ LSU. Was 10 and had whiskey poured on my head after getting drubbed.

Billy Ray Valentine
05-31-2015, 10:08 AM
Awe shit I've had a bunch. 95 Tennessee, 88 Florida, 91 Liberty Bowl, 98 Cotton Bowl. And I didn't even include all the shit sandwiches I've eaten in BR, TTown and hell over the years. I'm a scarred man!

dawgman
05-31-2015, 10:34 AM
Can't remember the exact year at Vandy. Todd Jordan threw what I thought to be the winning TD pass. Was going down the portal to leave with a victory only to hear he stepped out of bounds prior to throwing the pass.

Bothrops
05-31-2015, 10:37 AM
A&M 2012 was pretty awful.

Billy Ray Valentine
05-31-2015, 10:53 AM
Can't remember the exact year at Vandy. Todd Jordan threw what I thought to be the winning TD pass. Was going down the portal to leave with a victory only to hear he stepped out of bounds prior to throwing the pass.

I remember that. But that was Mike Davis who stepped out of bounds. 1988. 89 was Jordan's FR year.

Coach34
05-31-2015, 11:21 AM
Ugh- where to begin:

Baton Rouge- 88
Baton Rouge- 92 (last time I've set foot in that cesspool)
Oxford- goal line stand year
Oxford- 2002
T-Town- 99

Billy Ray Valentine
05-31-2015, 11:36 AM
Florida fans are the worst. Worse than the black bears. I was in college when I went there and we stayed in the SAE house. May as well have been staying at the Summer's Eve douche factory. They really did suck

Original48
05-31-2015, 01:40 PM
Fayetteville '97. We are 7-2..Arkansas something like 3-6. And of course, we get manhandled. LOOOOOOOONG drive home. Runner up Gainesville 2001. 52-0. Only saving grace was leaving before halftime and making the Florabama with plenty of night left.

LC Dawg
05-31-2015, 02:05 PM
2012. My only trip ever to Tuscaloosa. That's the biggest bunch of cocksuckers ever assembled. I guess it's to be expected when all your fans come from one gene pool with very little book learning.

Tbonewannabe
05-31-2015, 02:22 PM
Another vote for any game in Little Rock. Cuss you coming and going. Throwing trash at the band all game. We always lost.... When I was there. 99, 05, 07, 09, ...

Honorable mention, Athens 1997. Long ass drive to watch UGA skull drag us for 2.5 hours. We were terrible that day.

Walking back to the car in 1999, I got tired of getting cussed and responding in kind. Then I realized walking behind me was an Ark fan which happened to be a woman with 2 small girls. I promptly apologized to them and felt even worse. My wife and I went to Fayettville 2 years later and was walking to the stadium talking to some Ark fans. When we mentioned we went to Little Rock they apologized before we even said anything had happened.

Apparently Little Rock is where the trash comes out and they are as embarrassed as any decent fan would be.

LSU is just a different animal because they actually pride themselves on it and seems to be more crazy corndog attitude than truly trying to be dickheads.

I will say the EggBowl in Oxford is the only place I have seen people being truly aggressive just for the hell of it. Saw a girl get hit with a whiskey bottle thrown from the UM student section. That is complete bullshit.

Bothrops
05-31-2015, 03:51 PM
I was at a Georgia/OM game in Oxford in '95, and those idiots were throwing bottles down on their own fans. One guy was being helped down close to us and he had a nasty head injury and was blood soaked from head to chest. Had it been one of my family members, I'd still be in prison today.

HereComesTheSpiral
05-31-2015, 04:34 PM
Oxford 2000, that was just about as bad as anybday could ever be. That experience has led me to classify that fanbase as sub human shit ever since and wonder why a natural disaster doesn't do mankind a favor and wipe that place off the planet.

Political Hack
06-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Oxford. Whatever year Duece and Dante had those big back to back TD runs.

When Dante broke his I yelled "Go to hell ole miss" as loud as I could right in the middle of the student section with nothing but maroon on. It rained whiskey bottles. Everyone close to me got pelted (ole miss fans) but none of them hit me. It was brutal after that though. It was a borderline fight (would've been a mob beat down really) until I walked out after the game after we lost. Got cussed, whiskey thrown at me, people threatening to whip my ass, etc... Of course no one ever did, but it still wasn't a fun experience (even though I admittedly started it by screaming GTHOM at the top of my lungs while the stadium was sitting in stunned silence).

I walked over a mile back to my truck and drove back to Starkville that night. Miserable day.

shannondawg
06-01-2015, 12:37 PM

You and me together on this one, Brother!

Tbonewannabe
06-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Last time in Oxford, it was slightly raining. I can't remember what year since it always seems to be raining. We were under the endzone bleachers and my wife had a full coke dumped on her. Luckily she had a hat on but we didn't know if it was a drunk accident or UM people being douches. That type of shit is the reason I don't go to Oxford any more.

Drewbowski
06-01-2015, 03:42 PM
Oxford 2014

I start the game off by doing the Rip em up, Tear em up give them hell state cheer. Get told to shut up. Leave 50 yd line seats at halftime to get drunk on the square. Walking back on campus, I get bearhugged by some confederate. Tell that asshole to get off of me if he wants his thumbs in tact. Thankfully my stepbrother and the guy's girlfriend kept him from getting his ass kicked. Of course multiple bears are staring. I say something like, "praise Xelu, nobody was hurt".

ETA: Bama 99, UF 2001, Little Rock 2001

dawgman
06-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Believe it was 1974. At bammer. We were 5-1. We got the ball first and drove for a field goal attempt. Blocked and downhill from there. Was this also the 35 yard backwards scramble by Melvin Barkum?

Howboutdemdogs
06-01-2015, 07:54 PM
1985 at Bama. Sitting in the student section and hitting a drunk tide student in a fight with my bell. (Still have the bell) Got arrested for assault. Thank God that the Bama students I was sitting with stood up for me in court, due to one drunk instigated his head getting cracked open with a cowbell with his damn mouth. S*** Happens.