PDA

View Full Version : SEC Payout

SapperDawg
05-29-2015, 03:08 PM
So the news is each school gets a $31.2MM payout this year, an increase of $10.3MM over 2014. How does that compare with some of the early predictions on payout with the SECN fully on-line, and do we have more revenue growth coming from the network to look forward to?

engie
05-29-2015, 03:30 PM
That's only 3/4 of a year of the network -- and absorbs the startup costs of the network therein. Contract is on something like an 8% per year escalator clause if it is similar to ESPN's other network contracts, as is the playoff revenue also on escalator clause. It's not even remotely anywhere on the same planet as the "ceiling". Although it's slightly lower than I expected. It's also no way to know for sure when the cutoff date was for the check. They give them out this week -- but what was the actual monetary period included?

I seen it dawg
05-29-2015, 04:16 PM
That's only 3/4 of a year of the network -- and absorbs the startup costs of the network therein. Contract is on something like an 8% per year escalator clause if it is similar to ESPN's other network contracts, as is the playoff revenue also on escalator clause. It's not even remotely anywhere on the same planet as the "ceiling". Although it's slightly lower than I expected. It's also no way to know for sure when the cutoff date was for the check. They give them out this week -- but what was the actual monetary period included?

Damn Engie could you translate that to Bulldogese...

MSUDawg99
05-29-2015, 04:28 PM
Damn Engie could you translate that to Bulldogese...

Yes please! Translate in English please for the learning impaired such as myself!

engie
05-29-2015, 05:47 PM
We rich.

We boutta get richer.

Maroonthirteen
05-29-2015, 06:26 PM
Thank goodness we can play the EB on Thanksgiving. We would be damn broke otherwise.********

Homedawg
05-29-2015, 08:45 PM
It's not on 8 months. It's on 6 months. So the money is HUGE.

Dawgcentral
05-29-2015, 08:51 PM
It's more $ than we could ever have expected a decade ago. Maybe someone who saw this coming back then can easily dispute me. it comes down to the arms race, in which we've understandably failed in a miserable way since WWII. Now it comes down to how well we distribute the money and how well we take advantage of every success.

state66
05-29-2015, 09:49 PM
What are we going to see from all of this new revenue? Does a lot of this go towards dudy noble or is that being built on private donations and state grants? Just wondering what we can expect in the future with all of the new revenue we have coming in.

sandwolf
05-29-2015, 10:31 PM
We rich.

We boutta get richer.

Haha, well done.

MSUDawg4Life
05-29-2015, 11:04 PM
Does anyone have an idea what our budget may be next year?

TUSK
05-29-2015, 11:22 PM
yall want me to send that in cash, check, or the EBT card?*

I seen it dawg
05-30-2015, 10:07 AM
Send it in second chance criminals. Yall have plenty of those.

Reason2succeed
05-30-2015, 07:24 PM
"WE RICH B!@#$