PDA

View Full Version : We'be talked "big wins," but what's the "can't lose?"

Political Hack
07-06-2013, 07:33 AM
And by "can't lose" I mean what game, if lost, will we not be able to recover from?

There are multiple ways to think about this... as far as the season goes, I think it's Bowling Green or UK. I just don't think we'd overcome that and be able to get to a bowl game if we drop either of those games. For the program, I think it's OM, but that's debatable.

What say ye?

ShotgunDawg
07-06-2013, 08:56 AM
I usually think Auburn falls in this category because its such an early game every year. It sets the tone for the season. Win this game, and probably have a great year. Lose this game and we always seems to be fighting an uphill battle for the rest of the season.

HancockCountyDog
07-06-2013, 09:06 AM
I think Arkansas can't be lost. They should be terrible and it's a SEC game that we should win.

I just don't see how Bowling Green or Kentucky are even 5% chance of a loss.

I also think the OSU game could be important in the event the so called experts are right and OSU omis better than I think, and they beat us handily. I'm worried that it could be demoralizing if it's a big loss.

BeastMan
07-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Bowling Green, Troy, UK, and OM.

Auburn would be a tough loss to absorb this year but it wouldn't have much effect on the program as a whole. The ones I listed would have very negative impacts on the program. No worries though b/c I think we sweep the ones I mentioned

msstate7
07-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Bowling Green, Troy, UK, and OM.

Auburn would be a tough loss to absorb this year but it wouldn't have much effect on the program as a whole. The ones I listed would have very negative impacts on the program. No worries though b/c I think we sweep the ones I mentioned

I agree with you, but I'd also just add 7 games to the list. We've got to win 6 and go bowling to keep our program going in the right direction. I think we get 7 or more for the record

theloungeinleft
07-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Back to back Egg Bowl losses would hurt the worst, to me.

RichardHarrow
07-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Bowling Green because it's homecoming, it would be a big emotional let down, especially if we only have two wins going into that game. After the BGSU game we need to have at least 4 wins for me to feel comfortable about going bowling

War Machine Dawg
07-06-2013, 11:47 AM
HCD, we've NEVER won in the state of Arkansas. Putting that game down as a W is crazy talk. Sure, UPig might be bad. But bad things happen when we go west of the Mississippi River.

I say our "can't lose" games are Bowling Green, Troy, UK, OM. The first 3 for the obvious reasons: those are teams we *should* beat, but if we play poorly and they play well are more than capable of beating us. Mississippi is pretty obvious as well. Dan needs to recover from last year's debacle. Losing 2 in a row to them would place him firmly in a bad spot. Plus, that game might be for a bowl trip.

Will James
07-06-2013, 01:29 PM
I think there's a difference in "can't lose" and "you better not ****ing lose"

The YBNFL games are BG Troy Alcorn and UK. We gotta find 2 wins in the other 8 to go bowling. Therefore the "can't lose" games have to be Auburn and Arkansas. Ok St would be a cherry on top and the Bears are a team we need to beat, but AU and AR are worse than them.

PMDawg
07-06-2013, 01:37 PM
BG brings back virtually everyone from a team that had Florida beat last year. That will be a fairly evenly matched game.

Will James
07-06-2013, 01:41 PM
BG brings back virtually everyone from a team that had Florida beat last year. That will be a fairly evenly matched game.

Um. No.

Howd they do against VA Tech

HancockCountyDog
07-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Um. No.

I agree, Im more worried about Troy than BG.

That damn game last year was way too close and they turned the ball over like 4 times.

Political Hack
07-06-2013, 03:04 PM
We could lose to either of those teams with a few key injuries and a poor performance. We played about as flat as we could against Troy last year and almost got beat. If TR had been hurt we would've lost that game. I can't see it happening with our talent, but it's definitely "possible."

BG will be jacked up coming into that game. they'll remember how close they were to beating Florida and want to play well against another SEC team. We're way more talented than them, but we're not the kind of team who can sleep walk through a game and win easily. If its an early game, I'll be a little worried.

Will James
07-06-2013, 04:34 PM
We are going to beat the shit out of BG. I can't believe this is being discussed. 34-3.

Political Hack
07-06-2013, 04:51 PM
we should.

The Croom Diaries
07-06-2013, 06:39 PM
We are going to beat the shit out of BG. I can't believe this is being discussed. 34-3.

LA Tech, UAB and Troy last two years. When you've lost to a division 1-AA school, no game is a gimme. Especially BG who is returning everyone off a good team. We should beat them by 2-3 touchdowns, but will we? I wouldn't bet on it.

RichardHarrow
07-06-2013, 07:31 PM
We should beat them, absolutely. However; they are not a gimme, they return 20 starters, 9 on a defensive unit that ranked in the top 15 in 4 statistical categories last year. I think we win, but it won't be as easy as some think

PMDawg
07-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Um. No.

They'll be a bowl team. They're better than you want to give them credit for. I got blasted for saying the Troy game would be close last year. Whatever.