PDA

View Full Version : Academic Progress Rates are out.

blacklistedbully
05-28-2015, 04:27 PM
MSU tied for 6th in the SEC, just 7 points from 2nd place, 12 points from 1st place Vandy.

Where is TSUN you ask? 24 points behind us, 9 points from the bottom of the SEC, 2 points from being next-to-last. Typical.

"Harvard Of The South", indeed! What a joke.

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2015/5/28/8679729/alabama-football-posts-perfect-academic-progress-rate-score

blacklistedbully
05-28-2015, 04:36 PM
TSUN, LSU, UT, UK & Arky are significant in that they are a HUGE drop below the rest of the SEC.

Vandy 983
Bama 978
Mizzou 976
USCe 975
TAMU 974
MSU & UF 971
Auburn 968

Small gap

UGA 961

HUGE gap

TSUN & LSU 947
UT & UK 945

Small gap

Arky 938

BeardoMSU
05-28-2015, 04:50 PM
"Harvard Of The South", indeed! What a joke.

I've always got a kick out of this. You know tho, I actually think this is more of a motto by people who didn't actually get their degree from OM, at least not the people I know. One of my best friends, who also happens to be a die hard OM fan (also got his Masters there), thinks its funny too. I think most reasonable people can acknowledge the value both our institutions have, depending on the field you wish to study. Besides, you can get into both OM and MSU with an 18 on the ACT. Neither of us are close to Ivy League. If there was indeed a "Harvard of the South", it'd be Vandy and/or Tulane.

In the state of MS, in terms of educational tiers, I'd say its US and OM at the top equally; big gap...then Southern; small gap...then MC, Valley, and Delta; huge gap...then the SWAC schools.

MSUDawg99
05-28-2015, 05:14 PM
I've always got a kick out of this. You know tho, I actually think this is more of a motto by people who didn't actually get their degree from OM, at least not the people I know. One of my best friends, who also happens to be a die hard OM fan (also got his Masters there), thinks its funny too. I think most reasonable people can acknowledge the value both our institutions have, depending on the field you wish to study. Besides, you can get into both OM and MSU with an 18 on the ACT. Neither of us are close to Ivy League. If there was indeed a "Harvard of the South", it'd be Vandy and/or Tulane.

In the state of MS, in terms of educational tiers, I'd say its US and OM at the top equally; big gap...then Southern; small gap...then MC, Valley, and Delta; huge gap...then the SWAC schools.

Millsaps is somewhere at the top. MC should be too, rathern than the bottom or below Southern, IMO.

BeardoMSU
05-28-2015, 05:21 PM
Millsaps is somewhere at the top. MC should be too, rathern than the bottom or below Southern, IMO.

Forgot about Millsaps.

I disagree about MC. They're a private school, but I think you get a better education from the state schools, especially for the amount of money you spend. They should be above Southern though, I guess (I think it was 2003 or 04 where USM lost accreditation for several programs...not good).

Jack Lambert
05-28-2015, 09:00 PM
Unlike reading some ass clowns opinion these are real numbers and numbers can't lie. I really don't think Ole Miss people really care, they just want to win recruiting and the party. Winning on field only matters when they win. Other than that they jump off the wagon real fast.

Bucky Dog
05-29-2015, 12:35 AM
I would rather our team be stupid and good than smart and suck!!

BossDawg
05-29-2015, 09:32 AM
In the state of MS, in terms of educational tiers, I'd say its US and OM at the top equally; .

I've attended both State and UMiss, and there was nothing equal about my experience. Not even close. Yeah, I'm a State fan and biased, but I really wish there was a way I could prove this, that I'm not saying this just to piss off UMiss people.....But, I went to State for 1 year and a half and majored in Landscape Architecture before transferring to UMiss to major in Criminal Justice. Just graduated from UM this semester, and academically speaking, State was way, way tougher than UMiss. To be quite honest, my experience at UM was comparable to the work I had to do in junior college, and I'm not even close to lying. It was an odd experience considering all of the "Harvard of the South" stuff I heard growing up.

Again, I wish there was some way I could prove this. Could it be the differences in majors? That's perhaps one explanation. But even the elective courses and such I took were much more difficult at State.

woozman
05-29-2015, 11:29 AM
Could it be the differences in majors? That's perhaps one explanation.

Yes. LA would be much tougher than criminal justice no matter which school you attend.

BossDawg
05-29-2015, 04:49 PM
Yes. LA would be much tougher than criminal justice no matter which school you attend.

I think that had a little to do with it, but like I said even my electives were harder at State. More papers, longer papers, fewer scantron/multiple choice exams, etc.... I wasn't expecting UM to be considerable easier at all, but strangely enough it was. Maybe I just got the tougher instructors at State by chance.