PDA

View Full Version : "College football's 10 best defenses at raisin' hell" article lists MSU 16, TSUN 17

blacklistedbully
05-28-2015, 11:14 AM
"The most exciting defenses to watch are the ones that specialize in raising hell. We have a statistic to tell us which teams are the best at this kind of specialization. It's appropriately named havoc rate, and just as it sounds, it determines how often a defense wreaks havoc on opposing offenses.

Havoc rate measures the percentage of plays that end in a tackle for loss (including sacks), forced fumble, or tipped/intercepted pass. See more on Bill Connelly's havoc rate and other advanced stats here.

The national average was 15.8 percent for the 2014 season, and the defense best at raising hell was Clemson, which finished almost two percentage points better than second place TCU."

Not sure how I feel about this analysis, but I do find it interesting that this 3rd-party, supposedly scientific-approach doesn't extol the greatness of TSUN's defense relative to our own. Imagine if we had not played "1b" as much as we did.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/5/28/8609491/best-defenses-college-football-clemson-tcu?ref=yfp

cbrunt29
05-28-2015, 11:17 AM
If Nkemdiche wouldn't have been double teamed all year, Ole Miss would've been higher****

Dawg Corps
05-28-2015, 11:17 AM
La Teach at number 3... I'm pumped about Diaz being back.

msstate7
05-28-2015, 11:35 AM

I am too. We're gonna have a great offense, so I hope we take chances on defense.

justwin
05-28-2015, 12:26 PM

remarkable to me that Diaz to MSU is not a more discussed offseason SEC move.

maroonmania
05-28-2015, 12:36 PM
remarkable to me that Diaz to MSU is not a more discussed offseason SEC move.

Exactly, all I read about is how much better Auburn will be with Muschamp and how one of our many losses from last year's team is Collins as our DC. Its like Diaz is just an afterthought to everyone. Apparently since Diaz had a rough year or 2 at Texas he's been totally written off.

Dawg Corps
05-28-2015, 12:37 PM
...even though he did more with less at La Tech...