PDA

View Full Version : To quote this guy we all know... "sh*tter's full."

BulldogBear
05-27-2015, 04:24 PM
At Kroger I decided to flip thru Athlon's, Lindy's, and SN. We got one #6 and two #7s in SEC west. No surprise. Let the long summer begin. Beastman has a nice little article about Mullen and this time of year over on 3rdand57 if you want a good read.

maroonmania
05-27-2015, 04:28 PM
At Kroger I decided to flip thru Athlon's, Lindy's, and SN. We got one #6 and two #7s in SEC west. No surprise. Let the long summer begin. Beastman has a nice little article about Mullen and this time of year over on 3rdand57 if you want a good read.

If you think this year is bad, just wait until next year prognostications for us after Dak is gone.

BulldogBear
05-27-2015, 04:41 PM
If you think this year is bad, just wait until next year prognostications for us after Dak is gone.

Too true. We'll be losing our five star* QB. Likely we WILL take a step backwards. And they'll beat their chests and talk about how smart they are with that sort of " aren't MSU and Mullen cute" version of condescension that they are so good at.

Really Clark?
05-27-2015, 05:30 PM
The last three years we have finished 4th, 5th, 2nd. We have only finished 6th once, his first year. Even after expansion adding A & M. It's not that the division is not tough and we may have a year where we slip down, but you would think after five straight years of us NOT finishing last someone in the media might think with a Heisman finalist contender QB we could just be a little better than 5-7 or 6-6. That's basically what last place in the west will get you record wise, at best.

Schultzy
05-27-2015, 07:31 PM
He redshirted early in his tenure here and has continued to do so. It's really the only formula that has a chance to work here.

We can complain about some of his decisions but his overall plan for this program in terms of not wasting years on talented but green true freshmen has been smart.

Fifth year seniors are much better SEC players than true freshmen.

Eta: that's why I think we will continue to finish higher than predicted each year.

MabenMaroon
05-27-2015, 08:25 PM
He redshirted early in his tenure here and has continued to do so. It's really the only formula that has a chance to work here.

We can complain about some of his decisions but his overall plan for this program in terms of not wasting years on talented but green true freshmen has been smart.

Fifth year seniors are much better SEC players than true freshmen.

Eta: that's why I think we will continue to finish higher than predicted each year.

Very well said! Coach Mullen and his staff have done a tremendous job of establishing the frame work for continued success by doing just what you stated.