PDA

View Full Version : Treadwell

ShotgunDawg
05-26-2015, 07:42 PM
I am happy for Laquaon Treadwell, & glad that he seems to be coming back from a horrific injury. I would never want or wish for most any player's career to be derailed by injury, particularly a kid that has a chance to make some money & change the lives of his family.

However, now that it's full on HYPE season, Treadwell has been morphed into this unstoppable, transcendent, Ruthian wide receiver that is apparently about to run roughshod over the entire SEC.

Don't get me wrong, I believe Treadwell is certainly a good talent & player, but I don't really understand why there is so much HYPE for a guy returning from a gruesome leg injury. Last season Treadwell had 632 yards, 5 TDs, & only 70.2 yards per game in 9 games.

This year he doesn't have his QB back, still has major issues with the O-line & running game, & may or may not be completely 100%, much less better.

So, why all the hype? Would Bear Wilson or even Amari Cooper, if he were coming back to Alabama, be getting all this hype?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's healthy, but does doing back flips on a trampoline & running routes mean that Treadwell is taking it to the next level?

I guess I'm confused at what the expectations are for Treadwell this year & are they realistic for the amount of EXCITEMENT there is around his return.

It seems like this is getting to the point where someone will write a book and paint portraits of him soon.

https://instagram.com/p/29dVdoowl0/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2477227-laquon-treadwell-doing-backflips-excites-fans-makes-hugh-freeze-cringe

Coach34
05-26-2015, 07:49 PM
He didn't produce as well as Bear last season and he won't again this season. Now, I have been told by the BearSharks that Paidwell is the only NCAA WR that gets doubled over the top- so that must be taken into account

msstate7
05-26-2015, 07:58 PM
Treadwell is a great wr, but if I can pick one to join our team its duke Williams.

Howboutdemdogs
05-26-2015, 08:28 PM
OM has to appease the masses with the hype. It is what feeds them,,,,,,,,until reality sets in. They paid too much for them not to have a high power offense and team they so desire. I truely believe that either they have nothing, and it is all a bluff about their offense; or he is the only thing they have. Either way, they can only win with defense AND mistakes made by the other team.

CadaverDawg
05-26-2015, 08:36 PM
"Oooooo, fangatiyup!"

He better be able to Bugs Bunny that bitch, because somebody has to throw it to him.

Homedawg
05-26-2015, 08:53 PM
In all fairness to treadwell, bo Wallace was his qb. I know he won't have one better this year, but it doesn't diminish his abilities. Maybe I'm in the minority but I think, he's a big time guy as long as he's healthy. And yes I think he's better than bear. So you all can shoot me. Sorry

messageboardsuperhero
05-26-2015, 09:12 PM
He didn't produce as well as Bear last season and he won't again this season. Now, I have been told by the BearSharks that Paidwell is the only NCAA WR that gets doubled over the top- so that must be taken into account

And don't forget that Robert Nkemdiche is the only DT in America who commands a double team, which is why his numbers are mediocre compared to other top defensive linemen.

gravedigger
05-26-2015, 09:13 PM
I am happy for Laquaon Treadwell, & glad that he seems to be coming back from a horrific injury. I would never want or wish for most any player's career to be derailed by injury, particularly a kid that has a chance to make some money & change the lives of his family.

However, now that it's full on HYPE season, Treadwell has been morphed into this unstoppable, transcendent, Ruthian wide receiver that is apparently about to run roughshod over the entire SEC.

Don't get me wrong, I believe Treadwell is certainly a good talent & player, but I don't really understand why there is so much HYPE for a guy returning from a gruesome leg injury. Last season Treadwell had 632 yards, 5 TDs, & only 70.2 yards per game in 9 games.

This year he doesn't have his QB back, still has major issues with the O-line & running game, & may or may not be completely 100%, much less better.

So, why all the hype? Would Bear Wilson or even Amari Cooper, if he were coming back to Alabama, be getting all this hype?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's healthy, but does doing back flips on a trampoline & running routes mean that Treadwell is taking it to the next level?

I guess I'm confused at what the expectations are for Treadwell this year & are they realistic for the amount of EXCITEMENT there is around his return.

It seems like this is getting to the point where someone will write a book and paint portraits of him soon.

https://instagram.com/p/29dVdoowl0/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2477227-laquon-treadwell-doing-backflips-excites-fans-makes-hugh-freeze-cringe

I think you need to understand that treadwell can both be a guy that is considered the best wr in college football AND a wr that doesnt put up the numbers this year to prove it. He is physical and will end up being phenominal at the next level.

The thing is just about every team in the sec west can prevent him from beating them with some decent
Gameplanning.

Same with bear. We need to spread the ball quickly this year to prevent letdowns like we had vs bama last year. Lee can handle the load at rb and so can shump and aries. What teams like om lack is that strong running game that is essential to getting guys like treadwell open to do damage.

In the end its how well the team will perform under pressure. Not how some nfl bound superstar compiles stats.

Treadwells problem of not having a running game or an experienced qb will tell his story this year.

DancingRabbit
05-26-2015, 09:19 PM
In all fairness to treadwell, bo Wallace was his qb. I know he won't have one better this year, but it doesn't diminish his abilities. Maybe I'm in the minority but I think, he's a big time guy as long as he's healthy. And yes I think he's better than bear. So you all can shoot me. Sorry

They're both good and had comparable production last year, each playing in 9 games. Treadwell averaged a few more yards per game and Bear had more TDs.

Bear sat out the S. Alabama, Tenn-Martin and Vandy games where he could have probably padded his stats some.

Treadwell was more polished and more productive his freshman year, with Bear just learning to play the game. Even discounting the injury, staying on the same projectory, you could see Bear edging ahead. We shall see.

RougeDawg
05-26-2015, 09:24 PM
I'm still hearing he may mail the entire season in. He only has ground to lose if he comes back, should a 2nd bad injury occur. The family is still weighing the options, and given their current Ak, I mean QB situation, it's not helping the Paidwell camp make the decision to play. I'll have to go back and find my original post on this but he is taking things at his own pace and may decide to train for the draft.

ShotgunDawg
05-26-2015, 09:31 PM
I think you need to understand that treadwell can both be a guy that is considered the best wr in college football AND a wr that doesnt put up the numbers this year to prove it. He is physical and will end up being phenominal at the next level.

The thing is just about every team in the sec west can prevent him from beating them with some decent
Gameplanning.

Same with bear. We need to spread the ball quickly this year to prevent letdowns like we had vs bama last year. Lee can handle the load at rb and so can shump and aries. What teams like om lack is that strong running game that is essential to getting guys like treadwell open to do damage.

In the end its how well the team will perform under pressure. Not how some nfl bound superstar compiles stats.

Treadwells problem of not having a running game or an experienced qb will tell his story this year.

I think you need to understand that I understand that Treadwell is a good player. What I am trying to say that this HYPE has built him into something like Randy Moss, which he is not and nor does he have the QB play to play that way.

I just don't get the amount of HYPE that is coming out on Treadwell. It's as if Ole Miss fans and the media are painting his return as a cure to Ole Miss' offensive problems when Ole Miss had major offensive problems last year when Treadwell was healthy. It's like, with every new video that gets put out Ole Miss is getting closer and closer to unleashing an uncoverable beast on SEC defenses, & the reality is that that beast only averaged 70.2 yards a game last year and only 5 TDs.

cheewgumm
05-26-2015, 09:32 PM
I hate ole miss u but I wish that hit the best, after the injury and all. Just not against us.

Homedawg
05-26-2015, 09:34 PM
I'm still hearing he may mail the entire season in. He only has ground to lose if he comes back, should a 2nd bad injury occur. The family is still weighing the options, and given their current Ak, I mean QB situation, it's not helping the Paidwell camp make the decision to play. I'll have to go back and find my original post on this but he is taking things at his own pace and may decide to train for the draft.

Hearing from who? seriously, this sounds just like a rebel would sound.(and no I'm not accusing you of being a reb, I know where you stand).He's got a lot to prove. He's not sitting out and training. And IF he were that stupid it would cost him a ton of money.

sandwolf
05-26-2015, 09:44 PM
Treadwell is a great wr, but if I can pick one to join our team its duke Williams.

Completely agree with this. I really wish Williams had declared for the draft this year.

Todd4State
05-26-2015, 09:45 PM
I think you need to understand that I understand that Treadwell is a good player. What I am trying to say that this HYPE has built him into something like Randy Moss, which he is not and nor does he have the QB play to play that way.

I just don't get the amount of HYPE that is coming out on Treadwell. It's as if Ole Miss fans and the media are painting his return as a cure to Ole Miss' offensive problems when Ole Miss had major offensive problems last year when Treadwell was healthy. It's like, with every new video that gets put out Ole Miss is getting closer and closer to unleashing an uncoverable beast on SEC defenses, & the reality is that that beast only averaged 70.2 yards a game last year and only 5 TDs.

Ole Miss's major offensive problem is that a HC can tell people how to stop their offense in a tweet.

MSUDawg4Life
05-26-2015, 09:49 PM

As much as I hate the slave masters, the best way for Treadwell to prepare for the draft is to have a good year. Holding back will only make people question his recovery from injury.

Coach34
05-26-2015, 09:54 PM
Nobody is saying that Paidwell isnt a high end talent. He is. But production has to play a part at some point.

Bear out produced him last year
Bear will outproduce him again in 2015

And I hate to break it to them- but Bear gets double teamed too. Wilson has played 3 seasons of football in his life- total. He is still learning so much and gets better by the month. He is still getting better and better.

Coach34
05-26-2015, 09:55 PM
As much as I hate the slave masters, the best way for Treadwell to prepare for the draft is to have a good year. Holding back will only make people question his recovery from injury.

He's not sitting out- scouts will question his toughness and commitment to the game.

dawgoneyall
05-26-2015, 10:06 PM
Will money have to be returned?

BeardoMSU
05-26-2015, 10:08 PM
The family is still weighing the options,

Riiiight....And you know this how....?

Todd4State
05-26-2015, 10:47 PM
He's not sitting out- scouts will question his toughness and commitment to the game.

I have to wonder if scouts will question this about Tunsil.

Todd4State
05-26-2015, 10:52 PM

Even if he is seriously considering IMG, Ole Miss boosters will figure it out pretty quickly and just offer him more money to play for them.

Look at Tobias Singleton and Kalio Moore. Both were considering leaving Ole Miss- and I guess they technically actually did for a day or so- and then when the rumors got out and MSU fans were talking smack, they opened up the wallets and Singleton's Mom sent him back to Oxford and Kalio poses for a tweet with Freeze like nothing was ever wrong.

And we need to get ready this offseason because Ole Miss is going to offer their big four-five guys money to stay in Oxford for one more year too. I wouldn't be shocked to see some of them come back next year.

Dawg61
05-26-2015, 11:43 PM
Overhyped is an understatement. How many catches does Bubble Screen Paidwell have where he's 10 yards or farther down the field?

justwin
05-27-2015, 01:01 AM
[QUOTE=gravedigger;373682] He is physical and will end up being phenominal at the next level.

QUOTE]

I don't think he's better than Moncrief. Moncrief is much faster and he's not a "phenom" in the NFL. Same size. Paidwell is a possession WR, nothing more. If college coaches can eliminate him from the gameplan, NFL coaches certainly can.

justwin
05-27-2015, 01:02 AM
Overhyped is an understatement. How many catches does Bubble Screen Paidwell have where he's 10 yards or farther down the field?

great question. it's strange, but you would think a guy that has been targeted as often as he has would get into the endzone much more.

justwin
05-27-2015, 01:14 AM
I have to wonder if scouts will question this about Tunsil.

Tunsil plays @ Bama in week 3 and @ Gainesville in Week 5. Those two games will be early indicators of whether he's worth the hype, 1st round talent. Bama is going to look for revenge and look to embarrass them like they did vs TXAM this year. People like to give Collins grief, but he's going to have that UF defense ready to go especially since he's returned "home" to Florida....not to mention that the gators have circled the OM game as season changer.

With what OM has at qb, they are going to need to run the ball and you would think a 1st round LT would be a great person to run behind.

justwin
05-27-2015, 01:21 AM
Nobody is saying that Paidwell isnt a high end talent. He is. But production has to play a part at some point.

Bear out produced him last year
Bear will outproduce him again in 2015

And I hate to break it to them- but Bear gets double teamed too. Wilson has played 3 seasons of football in his life- total. He is still learning so much and gets better by the month. He is still getting better and better.

this is EXACTLY why Mullen is a BETTER recruiter than Freeze. Freeze probably hosts a better party, sure, but Mullen is much better at identifying talent.

Think about it......Mullen has gotten more production from Chris Jones & Bear Wilson who were virtually unknown to the recruiting world than two of the top rated guys at their position in Kimchee & Paidwell. We're not talking about comparing 4 stars...this is #1 nationally rated WR & DL compared to two guys that barely played HS football.

Dawgface
05-27-2015, 06:39 AM
Hard for me to believe Treadwell will be as good after that injury. I guess we will see.

MedDawg
05-27-2015, 08:53 AM

Here's a highlight video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5rMvFccedk

In 6 SEC games, Treadwell had 37 catches for 356 yards and 2 touchdowns. 9.6 yards per catch, 59.2 yards per game. 2 touchdowns.

Dawg61
05-27-2015, 09:04 AM
Here's a highlight video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5rMvFccedk

In 6 SEC games, Treadwell had 37 catches for 356 yards and 2 touchdowns. 9.6 yards per catch, 59.2 yards per game. 2 touchdowns.

Hahahaha almost every single catch in that highlight is a bubble screen

Ifyouonlyknew
05-27-2015, 09:07 AM
Treadwell is a very good WR. So is Bear. Treadwell may the most polished WR in the country but Bear has as much upside as maybe any WR in the country. Bear is still learning the nuances of the game & only going to continue to get better. Treadwell is legit it's not his fault his QB couldn't throw the ball downfield. Freeze had to do what he needed to get the ball in his hands & bubble screens were the easiest way. I dislike OM as much as the next guy but they have some really talented guys on their team. Some of yall sound like them saying Dak is overrated or Bear isn't a real WR.

BeardoMSU
05-27-2015, 09:09 AM
Some of yall sound like them saying Dak is overrated or Bear isn't a real WR.

Bravo, Dan.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-27-2015, 09:17 AM
He might recover 100% physically but every time he lines up and goes on a route he will think about that leg. Especially when he is close to contact.Most think it won't affect him but it has to. That will be the hardest thing to overcome. I don't think he will have a breakout year. I think he will regress because of the mental issue.

CadaverDawg
05-27-2015, 09:26 AM
Treadwell is a great WR.

As for OM offense....they were awful at times last year with a veteran QB and a healthy Treadwell....so I'll believe they are going to be good on offense when I see Kelly light it up vs a decent opponent bc he has the weapons.

They will rely on their D, and I think people are GREATLY underestimating the loss of Pruitt and Golson. Pruitt was the QB of that D and was incredibly smart with great instincts....Golson may have had the best anticipation and first step of any CB to come through this State in years. Tee Shepherd and Trae Elston will not match Golson/Pruitt. And I'm talking more smarts/instincts than overall talent. I may be wrong though.

Think Whitley. Even with one leg, his importance in our secondary was priceless

Jack Lambert
05-27-2015, 09:32 AM

I heard from Bearsharks that he is not a good over the top guy. I have heard them say he is the best at catching short passes and turning them into big gains due to his size and speed. That's what this Bearshark said.

Homedawg
05-27-2015, 09:32 AM
Treadwell is a very good WR. So is Bear. Treadwell may the most polished WR in the country but Bear has as much upside as maybe any WR in the country. Bear is still learning the nuances of the game & only going to continue to get better. Treadwell is legit it's not his fault his QB couldn't throw the ball downfield. Freeze had to do what he needed to get the ball in his hands & bubble screens were the easiest way. I dislike OM as much as the next guy but they have some really talented guys on their team. Some of yall sound like them saying Dak is overrated or Bear isn't a real WR.
Well said

Ifyouonlyknew
05-27-2015, 09:35 AM
I heard from Bearsharks that he is not a good over the top guy. I have heard them say he is the best at catching short passes and turning them into big gains due to his size and speed. That's what this Bearshark said.

Treadwell is never going to be a big deep threat but up to 20-25yds he's dangerous. Think Larry Fitzgerald type.

PMDawg
05-27-2015, 09:51 AM
They're both good and had comparable production last year, each playing in 9 games. Treadwell averaged a few more yards per game and Bear had more TDs.

Bear sat out the S. Alabama, Tenn-Martin and Vandy games where he could have probably padded his stats some.

Treadwell was more polished and more productive his freshman year, with Bear just learning to play the game. Even discounting the injury, staying on the same projectory, you could see Bear edging ahead. We shall see.

Projectory....is that like a strategery?

PMDawg
05-27-2015, 09:54 AM

Thank you.

Jack Lambert
05-27-2015, 10:03 AM
You just know this thread is eating up the Bearsharks, giving them the red ass, the ones who are over here reading it and they can't do anything about it. It gives me a warm feeling inside to know that.

Coach34
05-27-2015, 10:31 AM
Ryan Leaf was considered more polished and talented than Brady. As I said, production matters.

DancingRabbit
05-27-2015, 10:32 AM
Projectory....is that like a strategery?

Ha, well it should be a word. Irregardless, for all intensive purposes it's similar to trajectory.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-27-2015, 10:42 AM
Ryan Leaf was considered more polished and talented than Brady. As I said, production matters.

Ryan Leaf was really talented & put up great #'s in college. His problem was mental. Not the same situation.

Barking 13
05-27-2015, 10:48 AM
Ha, well it should be a word. Irregardless, for all intensive purposes it's similar to trajectory.

projectory - classic...

Yogi, is that you? lol

Coach34
05-27-2015, 10:52 AM
Ryan Leaf was really talented & put up great #'s in college. His problem was mental. Not the same situation.

Sure it was mental- and that's part of talent. So is toughness and resistance to injury. It all factors in.

Production on the field is the bottom line. And my question to you- who do you think produces more in 2015???

smootness
05-27-2015, 10:56 AM
Some of you guys have lost your minds. Treadwell is very, very good. His problem has been less about double teams and more about his QB. And he still won't have a very good one this year, either, so I doubt he puts up monster numbers. Bear could very well outproduce him because Dak >>>>>> whoever Ole Miss runs out there.

But Treadwell is a great talent and will likely be a high NFL draft pick. I don't know why we can't admit that.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-27-2015, 10:57 AM
Sure it was mental- and that's part of talent. So is toughness and resistance to injury. It all factors in.

Production on is the bottom line. And my question to you- who do you think produces more in 2015???

Yea I agree it all factors in I just didn't think the Leaf comparison was a good 1. I think Bear will have more TD's like he's had & maybe more yards. I think Treadwell will have more catches. Mainly because I think Ross will lead our team in catches & that will take away from Bear's #'s. For the record I wasn't saying I'd hands down take Treadwell over Bear I think it's more of a what's your preference at WR. I just don't like it when our fans downgrade or act like a kid isn't good just because he plays at OM.

Coach34
05-27-2015, 11:00 AM
Some of you guys have lost your minds. Treadwell is very, very good. His problem has been less about double teams and more about his QB. And he still won't have a very good one this year, either, so I doubt he puts up monster numbers. Bear could very well outproduce him because Dak >>>>>> whoever Ole Miss runs out there.

But Treadwell is a great talent and will likely be a high NFL draft pick. I don't know why we can't admit that.

did someone say Treadwell wasn't good and wouldn't be drafted highly??? I
missed it if they did

BeardoMSU
05-27-2015, 11:05 AM
You just know this thread is eating up the Bearsharks, giving them the red ass, the ones who are over here reading it and they can't do anything about it. It gives me a warm feeling inside to know that.

Actually, I bet most are laughing at it, the same why we laugh when they call Dak a "full-back that plays QB", or say "Chris Jones is a bust", "Dan still hasn't beaten a ranked team", etc.

Jack Lambert
05-27-2015, 11:22 AM
Actually, I bet most are laughing at it, the same why we laugh when they call Dak a "full-back that plays QB", or say "Chris Jones is a bust", "Dan still hasn't beaten a ranked team", etc.

I don't know about that. I think they get butt hurt a lot faster than we do.

BeardoMSU
05-27-2015, 11:25 AM
I don't know about that. I think they get butt hurt a lot faster than we do.

I can't argue with that, lol.

ShotgunDawg
05-27-2015, 11:33 AM

Smootness,

No one ever said that Treadwell wasn't a good player. Not one person that I'm aware of. Not sure where you got that from.

All I and others are saying that the hype around this player is as such that the media & Ole Miss fans are building him up to the next coming of Megatron, & every time he releases a video of himself running on or jumping, everyone goes crazy about how Ole Miss is about to release an unstoppable beast on the SEC. However, the facts show that this player, when healthy, has been nothing close to an unstoppable beast. A good player? Absolutely, but there are tons of really good players in the SEC that get nowhere near this amount of hype

RossDawg82
05-27-2015, 11:37 AM
Hahahaha almost every single catch in that highlight is a bubble screen

This is true, but for the most part it gets him 5+ yards every time. I would take that all day

Bubb Rubb
05-27-2015, 11:48 AM
He might recover 100% physically but every time he lines up and goes on a route he will think about that leg. Especially when he is close to contact.

No he won't. He will be skiddish for the first couple of practices, but once he takes some contact and is able to break off some routes, it will become a non-issue.

smootness
05-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Smootness,

No one ever said that Treadwell wasn't a good player. Not one person that I'm aware of. Not sure where you got that from.

All I and others are saying that the hype around this player is as such that the media & Ole Miss fans are building him up to the next coming of Megatron, & every time he releases a video of himself running on or jumping, everyone goes crazy about how Ole Miss is about to release an unstoppable beast on the SEC. However, the facts show that this player, when healthy, has been nothing close to an unstoppable beast. A good player? Absolutely, but there are tons of really good players in the SEC that get nowhere near this amount of hype

Then what is everyone arguing about? The straw man of people thinking he's the greatest WR of the last decade, as you seem to imply?

C34 keeps saying, 'Production has to play a part at some point.' Play a part in what? Him being really freaking good, or being a high draft pick? Because if it's not that, then again, what are we arguing here?

Treadwell is very, very good. He is not simply 'one among many' good players in the SEC. His lack of production has more to do with his QB than it does him. That's what I don't understand why we can't admit.

MSUDawg4Life
05-27-2015, 12:33 PM
Meh.

I don't think we have a problem admitting Treadwell is a good receiver. Actually, he's not the only one they have. They are going to have a good receiving corps this year.

Doesn't mean Treadwell is not overhyped though.

Coach34
05-27-2015, 12:38 PM
Then what is everyone arguing about? The straw man of people thinking he's the greatest WR of the last decade, as you seem to imply?

C34 keeps saying, 'Production has to play a part at some point.' Play a part in what? Him being really freaking good, or being a high draft pick? Because if it's not that, then again, what are we arguing here?

Treadwell is very, very good. He is not simply 'one among many' good players in the SEC. His lack of production has more to do with his QB than it does him. That's what I don't understand why we can't admit.

His draft status is a non-factor on what type of college player he is. It's what they do as college players that determine who is the better college football player

Ifyouonlyknew
05-27-2015, 12:40 PM
Meh.

I don't think we have a problem admitting Treadwell is a good receiver. Actually, he's not the only one they have. They are going to have a good receiving corps this year.

Doesn't mean Treadwell is not overhyped though.

I think is where the disconnect comes in. I don't think any fanbase thinks he's overhyped except MSU. The reason is OM fans have been throwing him up in our face since he committed. The whole MegaQuon nickname & everything he's done has been thrown in our face that our fans think he's overhyped based off the amount of talk OM fans have done. In a lot of MSU fans eyes he's overhyped because the amount of talk we hear doesn't match the production (although that would be almost impossible to do). He's an All SEC player & potential 1st Rd draft pick so he's not overhyped our fans are just tired of hearing about him.

smootness
05-27-2015, 12:41 PM
His draft status is a non-factor on what type of college player he is. It's what they do as college players that determine who is the better college football player

But you can't just look at stats and determine that. You would have to compare Treadwell to Bear at Ole Miss, or Bear to Treadwell at State. Which we can't do.

I think Treadwell is a better receiver than Bear and if he can get back to 100% this year, he likely will be again. And that's not a knock on Bear, I think he's great.

smootness
05-27-2015, 12:42 PM
I think is where the disconnect comes in. I don't think any fanbase thinks he's overhyped except MSU. The reason is OM fans have been throwing him up in our face since he committed. The whole MegaQuon nickname & everything he's done has been thrown in our face that our fans think he's overhyped based off the amount of talk OM fans have done. In a lot of MSU fans eyes he's overhyped because the amount of talk we hear doesn't match the production (although that would be almost impossible to do). He's an All SEC player & potential 1st Rd draft pick so he's not overhyped our fans are just tired of hearing about him.

Exactly this. I guarantee you Ole Miss fans think Dak is unbelievably overhyped.

Coach34
05-27-2015, 12:50 PM
But you can't just look at stats and determine that. You would have to compare Treadwell to Bear at Ole Miss, or Bear to Treadwell at State. Which we can't do.

I think Treadwell is a better receiver than Bear and if he can get back to 100% this year, he likely will be again. And that's not a knock on Bear, I think he's great.

no- you don't just look at stats. You look at route running, blocking, performance in red zone, etc. In the college game- give me Wilson. In the pro game where it's a passing league first and foremost- Treadwell is better suited.

MSUDawg4Life
05-27-2015, 12:51 PM

You admit that it's "almost impossible" for his production to match the hype receives, but in the very next sentence say he's not overhyped.

Okay.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-27-2015, 01:02 PM
You admit that it's "almost impossible" for his production to match the hype receives, but in the very next sentence say he's not overhyped.

Okay.

I'm saying looking at it from an MSU fans perspective I could see why yall think he's overhyped. He's OM golden boy, constantly talked about, & treated like he's the greatest WR ever. So if he doesn't have a 1000yds & 10+tds what is all the fuss about & he's overhyped to MSU fans. To the rest of the SEC & America no he's not overhyped.

Okay?

Coach34
05-27-2015, 01:07 PM
I'm saying looking at it from an MSU fans perspective I could see why yall think he's overhyped. He's OM golden boy, constantly talked about, & treated like he's the greatest WR ever. So if he doesn't have a 1000yds & 10+tds what is all the fuss about & he's overhyped to MSU fans. To the rest of the SEC & America no he's not overhyped.

Okay?

lots of Auburn, A&M, and LSU fans think he's overhyped also

Ifyouonlyknew
05-27-2015, 01:11 PM
lots of Auburn, A&M, and LSU fans think he's overhyped also

Ok then. I stand down. I can't believe I just spent an hour or 2 out of my day defending Laquon Treadwell. My last question. Take MSU players out of it what WR in the SEC aren't overhyped or overrated?

MSUDawg4Life
05-27-2015, 01:21 PM

Okay?

Shouldn't the greatest receiver ever have 1000 yards and 10+ touchdowns?

I'm just saying ....

They can't have it both ways. If they are gong to talk the talk, then walk the walk. Put up the numbers and nobody here will have anything to say.

Just like last summer when they were laughing about Dak being a Heisman candidate. Are any of them laughing now? Are any of their pundits writing articles about how Dak will never be in the Heisman race? Why not? Is it because of what people said or what Dak did?

Talk is cheap, man.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-27-2015, 01:26 PM

I'm just saying ....

They can't have it both ways. If they are gong to talk the talk, then walk the walk. Put up the numbers and nobody here will have anything to say.

Just like one last summer when they were laughing about Dak being a Heisman candidate. Are any of them laughing now? Are any of their pundits writing articles about how Dak will never be in the Heisman race? Why not? Is it because of what people said or what Dak did?

Talk is cheap, man.

See I agree with you here. The only problem is OM is going to talk about everything that's what they're good at. Just because OM fans have blew him up isn't the kids fault & made him less good. They just did what they always do talk themselves up higher than they should. He's a very good, All SEC, 1st Rd WR. They've talked him up into being Calvin Johnson. I agree with you on that part about how much they've talked him up. I guess I can just separate the OM talk vs reality & to me that's him being a really good player. That's why I said he's not overhyped. OM fans have Shea Patterson already winning the Heisman it's just what they do. I just tend to overlook them & their talk.

RougeDawg
05-27-2015, 01:54 PM
Hearing from who? seriously, this sounds just like a rebel would sound.(and no I'm not accusing you of being a reb, I know where you stand).He's got a lot to prove. He's not sitting out and training. And IF he were that stupid it would cost him a ton of money.

I'm hearing he's not as far along as they are telling their masses and coming back too soon might not be worth it. The family is weighing the risks and no decision has been made as to whether or not he will play. I know the Dick Crosses and Yancy's would have everyone believe he's just about back to "Jerry Rice" status, but that simply isn't the case. They are masters at covering things up until the very end. Just passing along information that I've been hearing since around Feb/March when I originally posted on the topic. Believe what you must but it's not what they want everyone to believe at this time.

And it's not technically holding back if the family/handlers don't think he's ready to come back safely. They have an out, if they do choose to use it. My bad, I'll stop posting what I hear of it what Fancy, Parrish, and Dick Cross want you to believe.

ETA: the potential change in his draft ceiling is much much smaller if he plays, than the potential bottom should he rush it and reinjure himself.

MedDawg
05-27-2015, 02:02 PM

THIS! We're on an MSU sports board and college production >>> NFL draft status or NFL production.

Keep in mind it's not just OM fans that have hyped Treadwell--he was a top WR (some say #1) out of HS. So as of now, Treadwell is definitely overhyped/overrated. He hasn't had the production that a #1 HS WR should have. He does have a year (or two) left to disprove that, however.

Similarly, since RN has also been highly underproductive for OM relative to his #1 overall HS recruit ranking, then any re-ranking of Ole Miss' 2013 would be much lower (worse). I don't care if they both go in the first round, if they don't produce for Ole Miss, then they haven't earned their ranking/hype.

CadaverDawg
05-27-2015, 02:44 PM
Exactly this. I guarantee you Ole Miss fans think Dak is unbelievably overhyped.

But Dak has stats to back up his hype. Treadwell not so much. Regardless of whose fault that is, it's still the case. That's what people are saying. Kinda like Knemdich being so hyped, yet his stats are extremely underwhelming through 2 full seasons.

At what point do the guys putting up the numbers against the same competition deserve that hype more than the guys that are still riding hype from their high school years? Nobody is saying those guys aren't good, but at some point don't they need to throw some numbers up?

Malik Newman could stay at MSU for 4 years, and if he's averaging 10 pts and 5 assts per game after 2 seasons yet the media is writing article after article about how great he is, I would call him overhyped too. Even if it's the system, his lack of help, the coaching, whatever....if you're one of the top players and you're being called that constantly even by yourself, you damn well better put up some stats or else you deserve to be called overhyped.

We sure do have a ton of people defending OM by the way. Nobody is saying yalls precious Treadwell isn't a great talent. But just like many other OM players, others deserve their recognition many times bc they are performing on the field instead of only on paper.

Coach34
05-27-2015, 02:58 PM
But Dak has stats to back up his hype. Treadwell not so much. Regardless of whose fault that is, it's still the case. That's what people are saying. Kinda like Knemdich being so hyped, yet his stats are extremely underwhelming through 2 full seasons.

At what point do the guys putting up the numbers against the same competition deserve that hype more than the guys that are still riding hype from their high school years? Nobody is saying those guys aren't good, but at some point don't they need to throw some numbers up?

Malik Newman could stay at MSU for 4 years, and if he's averaging 10 pts and 5 assts per game after 2 seasons yet the media is writing article after article about how great he is, I would call him overhyped too. Even if it's the system, his lack of help, the coaching, whatever....if you're one of the top players and you're being called that constantly even by yourself, you damn well better put up some stats or else you deserve to be called overhyped.

We sure do have a ton of people defending OM by the way. Nobody is saying yalls precious Treadwell isn't a great talent. But just like many other OM players, others deserve their recognition many times bc they are performing on the field instead of only on paper.

Wilson's last 3 games on 2014:

Bama 8 catches-91 yards
Ole Missus- 8 catches-117 yards...1 TD
Ga Tech- 9 catches- 105 yards...2 TD's

Against 3 ranked teams in his last 3 games he played- Wilson had 25 catches for 313 yards and 3 TD's...tell me he isnt starting to figure out this WR gig at the end of his 3rd year playing football? That's not hype- that happened

gravedigger
05-27-2015, 03:00 PM

What i see you doing is the same thing om fans are doing with Dak. Taking an unrepresentative sample of sentiment about an athlete's potential (hype) and responding with an equally ridiculous understatement stating the kid is merely "good" based on last seasons stats.

Treadwell is better than good and anyone witha pair of eyes knows it. And how good he is has nothing to do with how mediocre or inexperienced his OL is or their running game. That will tell us hiw effective he is.

The hype as you put it is based in his obvious potential. I think he'll have a good year but not as great as expected but that wont be evidence he's overhyped. It will be evidence that the team around him is.

Had you asked the question why is the team overhyped, your point wiuld have been valid.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-27-2015, 03:01 PM
We sure do have a ton of people defending OM by the way. Nobody is saying yalls precious Treadwell isn't a great talent.

So he's my Treadwell now bc I didn't agree that he was overhyped? So bc I think he's good I'm an OM defender? C'mon Cadaver you're better than this. I ask a question which nobody answered. What WR's in the SEC arent' overhyped or overrated?

BeardoMSU
05-27-2015, 03:13 PM
So, we're now going on 4 pages and over 4k posts on whether or not an OM WR is overhyped.....geez guys.

smootness
05-27-2015, 03:20 PM

I'm just saying ....

Just like last summer when they were laughing about Dak being a Heisman candidate. Are any of them laughing now? Are any of their pundits writing articles about how Dak will never be in the Heisman race? Why not? Is it because of what people said or what Dak did?

Talk is cheap, man.

But who the heck is calling him the greatest WR ever? Did you find 2 Ole Miss fans who said this? That is not a consensus from anybody.

My issue is that we're building a straw-man (that Ole Miss believes Treadwell is Jerry Rice), then tearing down that stupid straw-man by saying that's ridiculous. Then when anyone comes in and says, 'Eh, he's really good' (which is clearly accurate), he's now our 'precious Treadwell'? Get out of here with that crap.

Yes, if you want to frame an argument for the sole purpose of saying, 'LOL, Treadwell isn't as good as everybody thinks,' then you can say that no matter what, he should have bonkers stats or else he's overhyped as the #1 WR coming out of HS. But most people can see that he is, in fact, extremely talented and that his lack of production can be attributed largely to their QB situation. But if all you're looking to do is win some made-up argument for the sake of laughing at a made-up straw-man, then knock yourself out.

maroonmania
05-27-2015, 03:20 PM
Boy, you know its a slow time of year when the subject of Treadwell and his hype warrants a 4 page thread.

CadaverDawg
05-27-2015, 03:25 PM
So he's my Treadwell now bc I didn't agree that he was overhyped? So bc I think he's good I'm an OM defender? C'mon Cadaver you're better than this. I ask a question which nobody answered. What WR's in the SEC arent' overhyped or overrated?

I wasn't talking about you.

That being said, nobody said Treadwell wasn't good/great. Just overhyped.

And to answer your question, I don't think a lot of SEC WRs are over hyped. How many WR's had similar or better numbers than Treadwell the last few years, yet rarely get mentioned bc they didn't have the high school hype? Again, Treadwell is real good, but I think the hype needs to slow down until the numbers warrant it or he has a QB capable of getting him to the level of the expectations.
Just my opinion.

But then again, that's why I hate recruiting rankings....it gives guys like Brassell the publicity when guys like DeRunnya are putting in the work and putting up the numbers worthy of publicity.

Tripp McNeely
05-27-2015, 03:30 PM

Just to play devil's advocate a little...and not exactly apples to apples...but it didn't seem to affect Dorial Green-Beckham that much

thf24
05-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Just to play devil's advocate a little...and not exactly apples to apples...but it didn't seem to affect Dorial Green-Beckham that much

He sat out because he had to, though.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-27-2015, 03:59 PM
U
I wasn't talking about you.

That being said, nobody said Treadwell wasn't good/great. Just overhyped.

And to answer your question, I don't think a lot of SEC WRs are over hyped. How many WR's had similar or better numbers than Treadwell the last few years, yet rarely get mentioned bc they didn't have the high school hype? Again, Treadwell is real good, but I think the hype needs to slow down until the numbers warrant it or he has a QB capable of getting him to the level of the expectations.
Just my opinion.

But then again, that's why I hate recruiting rankings....it gives guys like Brassell the publicity when guys like DeRunnya are putting in the work and putting up the numbers worthy of publicity.

Now this is the best breakdown of the situation. I agree with you 100%.

MSUDawg4Life
05-27-2015, 04:07 PM
But who the heck is calling him the greatest WR ever? Did you find 2 Ole Miss fans who said this? That is not a consensus from anybody.

My issue is that we're building a straw-man (that Ole Miss believes Treadwell is Jerry Rice), then tearing down that stupid straw-man by saying that's ridiculous. Then when anyone comes in and says, 'Eh, he's really good' (which is clearly accurate), he's now our 'precious Treadwell'? Get out of here with that crap.

Yes, if you want to frame an argument for the sole purpose of saying, 'LOL, Treadwell isn't as good as everybody thinks,' then you can say that no matter what, he should have bonkers stats or else he's overhyped as the #1 WR coming out of HS. But most people can see that he is, in fact, extremely talented and that his lack of production can be attributed largely to their QB situation. But if all you're looking to do is win some made-up argument for the sake of laughing at a made-up straw-man, then knock yourself out.

I was being facetious, Smoot. I didn't expect anybody to take that "greatest receiver ever" comment literally.

While Treadwell is a good player, I don't believe his performance thus far justifies the hype he gets. Hype based on supposed potential may be good enough for you, it's not good enough for me. I need actual numbers. That's the bottom line.

sandwolf
05-27-2015, 04:17 PM
We sure do have a ton of people defending OM by the way. Nobody is saying yalls precious Treadwell isn't a great talent.

Oh no.....when did you turn into this guy?

ShotgunDawg
05-27-2015, 06:32 PM
What i see you doing is the same thing om fans are doing with Dak. Taking an unrepresentative sample of sentiment about an athlete's potential (hype) and responding with an equally ridiculous understatement stating the kid is merely "good" based on last seasons stats.

Treadwell is better than good and anyone witha pair of eyes knows it. And how good he is has nothing to do with how mediocre or inexperienced his OL is or their running game. That will tell us hiw effective he is.

The hype as you put it is based in his obvious potential. I think he'll have a good year but not as great as expected but that wont be evidence he's overhyped. It will be evidence that the team around him is.

Had you asked the question why is the team overhyped, your point wiuld have been valid.

Digger,

Yesterday ESPN named "The return of LeQuon Treadwell, AKA Megaquon" as the 25th most anticipated event in the upcoming college football season. Yes, that means that according to ESPN, there are only 24 things that are more anticipated.

Does that not seem off to you? A player that's averaged 70 ypg and doesn't find the endzone in an offense that can't run the ball is the 25th most anticipated thing in college football this season?

What are the expectations for this return that makes it so anticipated?

BulldogBear
05-27-2015, 07:09 PM
How many players have we seen return from a serious injury and never amount to more than a shell of what they were? Only the coming of Autumn will tell. I'm actually looking forward to seeing ESPN and all these media types take the girl they've picked up (aka Ole Miss) only to get back to the hotel room and find out she's really a man, and then still take a load in the face.

Coach34
05-27-2015, 07:22 PM
Digger,

Yesterday ESPN named "The return of LeQuon Treadwell, AKA Megaquon" as the 25th most anticipated event in the upcoming college football season. Yes, that means that according to ESPN, there are only 24 things that are more anticipated.

Please tell me this is something you made up and wasnt really published

ShotgunDawg
05-27-2015, 07:34 PM
Please tell me this is something you made up and wasnt really published

Unfortunately, I'm not smart enough to make up such ridiculousness.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/111203/100-things-were-looking-forward-to-in-2015

Dawg61
05-27-2015, 08:12 PM
Disagree that Paidwell is a 1st round pick. What team is going to waste their 1st pick for a bunch of Bubble Screens?

TUSK
05-27-2015, 08:13 PM
I'm not sure if Treadwell is "overhyped", or not...

but I do know this: If he doesn't break his leg against AU, Ole Miss would have likely been in the CFP and that SOB would be in the NFL right now.

if I had to pick a WR to come to "the Dark Side"; it'd be either Duke or Quan and then Bear... but I'd be thrilled with any of em...

sandwolf
05-27-2015, 08:27 PM
.....and that SOB would be in the NFL right now.

He isn't draft eligible until after this year.

TUSK
05-27-2015, 08:31 PM
He isn't draft eligible until after this year.

well, then.... change "would" to "should"...

thanks for the correction, Sand!

Homedawg
05-27-2015, 08:33 PM
Disagree that Paidwell is a 1st round pick. What team is going to waste their 1st pick for a bunch of Bubble Screens?

Clearly you haven't seen him play much then. Guy is legit. Some of his one hand grabs are quite impressive. And I'm not saying he's a sure first rounder, but if he's healthy, he's in the conversation

LC Dawg
05-27-2015, 08:34 PM
A couple of years ago Ole Miss signed the best class in the history of college football and they've set the world on fire by going 17-9. Meanwhile, we just put 12 "average/below average" players in the NFL. I say let them have their hype. It's sad and pathetic and what they do best.

Coach34
05-27-2015, 08:36 PM
I'm not sure if Treadwell is "overhyped", or not...

but I do know this: If he doesn't break his leg against AU, Ole Miss would have likely been in the CFP.

at no point were they ever going to beat UPig on the road on that nastyass rainy, cold day. They were never headed for the CFP

Coach34
05-27-2015, 08:37 PM

I think he has a good chance to be a 1st rounder- depending on his health coming back from injury. But gimme Wilson in college football over him

TUSK
05-27-2015, 08:43 PM
at no point were they ever going to beat UPig on the road on that nastyass rainy, cold day. They were never headed for the CFP

alas, we shall never know...

but do you think that OM might have beaten AU and/or had "chance" at the CFP (at all) had he not busted his hoof up?

I saw a much lesser talented player for bammer get a similar injury and it wrecked an otherwise terrific team... (Tyrone)

Dawg61
05-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Clearly you haven't seen him play much then. Guy is legit. Some of his one hand grabs are quite impressive. And I'm not saying he's a sure first rounder, but if he's healthy, he's in the conversation

I've seen him play plenty. He's not a deep threat or an over the top type receiver. He doesn't have ankle breaking make you miss moves either. I just don't think he's a 1st round talent. His hands are but that's hardly enough to get drafted that high. I'm wrong often though.

MabenMaroon
05-27-2015, 08:44 PM

Duke Williams, Pharoh Cooper, to name a couple.

TUSK
05-27-2015, 08:46 PM
I think he has a good chance to be a 1st rounder- depending on his health coming back from injury. But gimme Wilson in college football over him

totally agree her with you, Coach... I think if he has an "above average" season, he's a lock for Rd 1.... based on the draft "experts" anyway...

Schultzy
05-27-2015, 08:50 PM
He's good. Not megatron fast but strong and good hands.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-27-2015, 09:01 PM
Duke Williams, Pharoh Cooper, to name a couple.

You realize Duke & Treadwell stats are basically the same. I think Duke is overrated for what people think he is as this monster threat vs what he really is on the field.

BeardoMSU
05-27-2015, 09:05 PM
Disagree that Paidwell is a 1st round pick.

You must be a scout for the CFL....

TUSK
05-27-2015, 09:23 PM

plus

****in

one

gravedigger
05-27-2015, 09:26 PM
Unfortunately, I'm not smart enough to make up such ridiculousness.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/111203/100-things-were-looking-forward-to-in-2015

Shotgun, come on man....look at this list and tell me you didn't see that it was a bunch of bullshit.

1. Jim Harbaugh vs. Urban Meyer

2. One true Big 12 trophy presentation. Looking forward to avoiding this, fellas:
3. Baylor OL/TE (!) LaQuan McGowan delighting everyone
4. Baylor DE Shawn Oakman terrifying everyone
5. Alabama's Nick Saban and Lane Kiffin matching wits with Auburn's Gus Malzahn and Will Muschamp
6. All three Ohio State QBs scoring in the same game
8. How Charlie Strong handles the pressure in Year 2 at Texas
9. Nick Chubb wreaking havoc on defenses
10. Leonard Fournette living up to the high school hype
11. Poor defenders trying to tackle Derrick Henry
12. Watching Auburn DC Will Muschamp freak out after a defensive breakdown
13. Watching Auburn DC Will Muschamp freak out after a defensive stand
14. Art Briles determining whether the playoff committee is Texas enough
15. Bret Bielema blaming up-tempo offenses for the drought in California
16. Jesus, girls and Vernon Adams Jr.? Oregon?s life post-Marcus Mariota
17. Everett Golson taking over for Jameis Winston
18. Sebastian Tretola leading a revolution of 300-pounders throwing touchdowns
19. Jim Harbaugh?s postgame handshakes. What's your deal?
20. Jim Harbaugh?s postgame news conferences
21. Jim Harbaugh?s passive-aggressive tweets
22. Cardale Jones? aggressive-aggressive tweets
23. Arkansas State topping the fainting goat
24. John Chavis (and his lawyers?) returning to the Bayou with the Aggies

25. The return of Megaquon aka Laquon Treadwell

It was a gruesome injury at the cruelest time. Just as Treadwell was about to score the go-ahead touchdown against Auburn, he was pulled down from behind just short of the goal line and fumbled into the end zone. The Tigers recovered and held on for the win. How is Treadwell's rehab coming along? Well, he can do this now:

(video of trampoline)

Dawg61
05-27-2015, 10:24 PM

plus

****in

one

Make sure to revisit this topic when his draft day comes

TUSK
05-27-2015, 11:47 PM
Make sure to revisit this topic when his draft day comes

how about we do thiS:

$how me how convinced you are that Treadwell doe$ not go in the fir$t round of the next draft...

Dawgface
05-28-2015, 06:52 AM

I imagine lots feel this way. But I have a close OM friend who thought Dak should have declared for the NFL last year. He thinks he is pro material. I think he was hopeful they wouldn't have to face him this year.

Dawg61
05-28-2015, 08:56 AM
how about we do thiS:

$how me how convinced you are that Treadwell doe$ not go in the fir$t round of the next draft...

Paidwell is listed as a projected top 15 overall pick in 3 different sites right now. You saying he'll go 1st round is not holding your nuts. Wanna say he'll be a top 10 pick?

TUSK
05-28-2015, 03:49 PM
Paidwell is listed as a projected top 15 overall pick in 3 different sites right now. You saying he'll go 1st round is not holding your nuts. Wanna say he'll be a top 10 pick?

that's my point.