PDA

View Full Version : MSU Football article. (Could go from #1 to last in the SEC)

CadaverDawg
05-26-2015, 02:23 PM
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2015/05/25/3729894/spring-wrapup-mississippi-state.html

starkvegasdawg
05-26-2015, 02:28 PM
As has been said before. Last year we were picked last because we didn't have good enough players to compete. This year we are picked last because we lost all those players. I'm just ready for September to get here so Mullen and Co. and shut them all up until this time next year.

Coach34
05-26-2015, 02:43 PM
It's getting comical at this point

RougeDawg
05-26-2015, 02:48 PM
Just make sure we pin all theses uneducated articles. I tried to save some of those clowns before last year, Asschaps included, by saying they needed to dig a little deeper into our team. Asschaps just laughed at me when I said we had one of the best teams in the nation going into last year. He just harped on the recruiting classes. Now the recruiting has improved, and they are simply looking at "Starters" lost only, the same starters who they wrote themselves weren't as talented as the classes we brought in after them.

Jack Lambert
05-26-2015, 02:56 PM
I think the SEC west comes down to a three way tie and I don't think LSU, Texas A&M or Arkansas fits into the equations. It's going to be three of the other four teams.

Reason2succeed
05-26-2015, 02:58 PM
Don't getting too miffed. They're just trying to push the needle and sell magazines. State will never get the respect we deserve because we don't have a huge national following. Just be ranked at the end of the year and I'm satisfied.

Dawgface
05-26-2015, 03:28 PM
Actually what they said is true. If the replacements don't fill the holes of the lost players, we could drop to last place in the West. The problem is......you can say that about Bama or any other team that loses starters, but they don't. They just assume we can't recruit well enough to compete year end year out. And that is where we are in this program, trying to prove we can compete on a high level every year. Hopefully we can prove them wrong over the next few years.

maroonmania
05-26-2015, 03:33 PM
The other factor in this too that is really being downplayed is the return of Diaz at DC. Manny had a great year at LT last year and has been good everywhere he's been minus the last season and a half at Texas where the entire program was falling apart on Mack Brown. I thought Diaz was good for us in 2010 and I think he is a better more seasoned defensive coach now than he was then.

Coach34
05-26-2015, 03:47 PM
I actually expect us to drop off some in 2016. Losing Dakota, Bear, Jones, R. Brown, both CB's...maybe even Malone depending on the year he has. That's going to be a lot to replace for 2 straight years.

But 2015's team is better overall than 2014

DLGDawg
05-26-2015, 05:03 PM
It's getting comical at this point
My thoughts too.

Someone needs to put all these stupid articles in a file. When they're all proved wrong again, Coach, maybe you can write an article on how lazy the sports writers have become. And just maybe it'll go viral like "the ole miss recruitung playbook" did(or whatever the title was).

BulldogBear
05-26-2015, 05:04 PM
My thoughts too.

Someone needs to put all these stupid articles in a file. When they're all proved wrong again, Coach, maybe you can write an article on how lazy the sports writers have become. And just maybe it'll go viral like "the ole miss recruitung playbook" did(or whatever the title was).

They basically all say the same thing. We suck just because and Ole Miss is 17ing awesome....just because.

maroonmania
05-26-2015, 05:09 PM
They basically all say the same thing. We suck just because and Ole Miss is 17ing awesome....just because.

Yep, and next year we will be predicted to suck because of losing Dak. The cycle will continue.

dawgoneyall
05-26-2015, 05:13 PM
This probably our best talented team ever except for the 1981 team.

Dawgowar
05-26-2015, 07:08 PM
My thoughts too.

It won't go viral. The press knows they are lazy and report templates. Sports, politics, etc. Our problem is that the real targets of their click bait writings are not us, but the traditional powers who look to calm their own insecurities about the upcoming season. Were we to successfully convince all state fans to not go to their pages it would not make a difference. The Bama, Auburn, Vol, Gator, etc fans would still inhale every bit of press that makes them feel superior.

We beat this only by winning. The press showed that last year when we shook the world up for five weeks. We just have to keep it going. Took Va Tech 4 winning seasons or so to get the coverage set to automatically go in their favor.

I roll my eyes at these articles. They aggravate but are really harmless. Results keep getting us better and better recruits. Coaching keeps raising them into better college players.

Beat Auburn in Jordan Hare and then LSU in Vegas in front of a raucous crowd and we get some more good publicity.

We earn it the hard way for now.

BiscuitEater
05-26-2015, 08:06 PM
I think the SEC west comes down to a three way tie and I don't think LSU, Texas A&M or Arkansas fits into the equations. It's going to be three of the other four teams.

That seek to "qualify" every statement .. "It all boils down to this: if Mississippi State doesn't plug those holes quickly next season, it risks going from a team ranked No. 1 for multiple weeks in 2014 to ending in last place in the SEC West this fall. That's just how tough this division is."

This statement applies to ALL six West teams "not named Bama" .. and even they need to plug some holes just as quickly as State.

Spit it out .. is State #7 in the West or not? Chicken sh*t writers.

HancockCountyDog
05-26-2015, 08:08 PM
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2015/05/25/3729894/spring-wrapup-mississippi-state.html

I think 5dimes released there over under on wins and had us at 7 and bears at 8. Had Bama at 9 and basically rest of SEC west at 8.

Someone can post a link, I saw it on twitter.

DancingRabbit
05-26-2015, 08:32 PM
Last year the Ledger-Enquirer had MSU as #7 in the whole SEC - only missed it by 4 spots.