PDA

View Full Version : Former Michigan & All Big 10 CB transfers to Auburn

ShotgunDawg
05-26-2015, 09:05 AM
Blake Countess, the former All Big 10 CB at Michigan has transferred to Auburn.

Im not sure why, by something about the senior transfer rule bugs me, seems unamerican, and wrong.

There's something about yearly top 5 recruiting schools picking up free agent transfers to fill positions of need that seems ridiculous & unfair.

I feel the same way about these types of things, no matter where the player transfers to. It feels like a "get out of jail free" card that shouldn't be allowed in sports.

maroonmania
05-26-2015, 09:13 AM
Agreed, its almost become another season of recruiting toward the end of the Spring semester. I don't like it but I guess looking at it from the other side, if a guy has earned his degree then theoretically he should be able to go to graduate school where he chooses. That is supposed to be the only situation where you can transfer into the SEC and play for one year per my understanding. The problem is though that the graduate school part of the deal seems to be pretty much an afterthought compared to the emphasis placed on what football program the player wants to join up with for his last year of eligibility.

msstate7
05-26-2015, 09:30 AM
Maybe we need to hit the FA wire and find a TE and a couple dlinemen

ShotgunDawg
05-26-2015, 09:34 AM
Maybe we need to hit the FA wire and find a TE and a couple dlinemen

I'm not sure it's that easy, and that's kinda the point. These type of transfers heavily favor the teams that recruit well and are a slap in the face to programs that develop players and work their way, step by step, to the top.

confucius say
05-26-2015, 10:07 AM
I would be fine with it if it counted against the school if the incoming player did not earn his graduate degree while at your school. Or at least have to take a full course load for fall AND SPRING semesters. After all, the emphasis is on getting a masters degree, not playing sports, right?? (Wink wink, nudge nudge)

Ifyouonlyknew
05-26-2015, 10:30 AM
I would be fine with it if it counted against the school if the incoming player did not earn his graduate degree while at your school. Or at least have to take a full course load for fall AND SPRING semesters. After all, the emphasis is on getting a masters degree, not playing sports, right?? (Wink wink, nudge nudge)

Only problem with that is most graduate degrees take more than 1yr to complete. Most of these kids only have 1yr of eligibilty available. Also a full course load for a grad student is only 9hrs a semester I'm pretty sure.

Dawg Corps
05-26-2015, 11:00 AM
full course load for a grad student is only 9hrs a semester I'm pretty sure.

This is correct for Fall and Spring semesters.

Tbonewannabe
05-26-2015, 11:12 AM

I wonder how the Park Ranger is doing since he got his Park Ranger Masters Degree from UM?

confucius say
05-26-2015, 12:15 PM
Only problem with that is most graduate degrees take more than 1yr to complete. Most of these kids only have 1yr of eligibilty available. Also a full course load for a grad student is only 9hrs a semester I'm pretty sure.

9 is correct. And it takes 30 to graduate. If a kid takes anything offered in the summer (prob 6 hours) he arrives, 9 in the fall, and 9 in the spring I'm okay with it. Otherwise, it's a farce.

Treemydawg
05-26-2015, 12:38 PM
Blake Countess, the former All Big 10 CB at Michigan has transferred to Auburn.

Im not sure why, by something about the senior transfer rule bugs me, seems unamerican, and wrong.

There's something about yearly top 5 recruiting schools picking up free agent transfers to fill positions of need that seems ridiculous & unfair.

I feel the same way about these types of things, no matter where the player transfers to. It feels like a "get out of jail free" card that shouldn't be allowed in sports.

Correct me if I'm wrong and I very we'll may be, but isn't this the same thing we did with the lb transfer from Clemson 3 or 4 yrs ago.

Master Blaster
05-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Auburn seems to get alot of these type transfers. I am hating auburn more and more each year.

TUSK
05-26-2015, 01:00 PM
Gus is ripping off "The Process"!

rat bastard.

maroonmania
05-26-2015, 01:02 PM
Auburn seems to get alot of these type transfers. I am hating auburn more and more each year.

Didn't they just get some hot shot transfer OL from Texas? Although I'm thinking he will actually have to sit out a year.

justwin
05-26-2015, 05:28 PM
I'm not sure it's that easy, and that's kinda the point. These type of transfers heavily favor the teams that recruit well and are a slap in the face to programs that develop players and work their way, step by step, to the top.

I hate this rule almost as much when schools hire family members of commits. Pattersons brother and nkemdiche a dad come to mind