PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone from Meridian?

bdfan09
05-25-2015, 08:52 PM
I asked this same question on the 247 board, and I got different opinions about the town(all of which were helpful). I'm possibly moving there soon, and I'm curious about the better neighborhoods and the schools down there. Thanks

msstate7
05-25-2015, 08:59 PM
From Philadelphia, but I'd guess west lauderdale (collinsville) is the best school.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-25-2015, 09:00 PM
West Lauderdale is definitely the way to go.

5 Star
05-25-2015, 09:50 PM
I hear Clarkdale is a decent school district, and like others have said, West Lauderdale. Do not live in Meridian.

sandjunky
05-25-2015, 10:41 PM
Moved from Meridian last year...Pine Springs Subdivision (West Lauderdale), King Farms (West Lauderdale), Lake Ross Collins (west Lauderdale), Hunters Ridge (west Lauderdale) and a couple others that are ok....don't live in city limits as crime, schools and property taxes are not ideal.....what takes you there

Diggs
05-25-2015, 11:02 PM
Born and raised.

School wise West Lauderdale & Clarkdale should be the only two public options. Various neighborhoods within those for taste and style.

Lamar is also a great private school should you choose to live within city limits on the northeast side of town.

bdfan09
05-26-2015, 12:17 AM
Thanks guys. Very helpful information. I go for my final interview on Thursday for a position at the Kemper IGCC Plant.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
05-26-2015, 01:14 AM
West Lauderdale probably best option and not far from Kemper. Solid sports programs too. Russell Christian and Lamar are 2 good private school options. Like some said, definitely don't live in Meridian city limits. And like most cities these days, there are a couple areas to avoid like the plague.

Dawgface
05-26-2015, 05:48 AM
Born and raised.

School wise West Lauderdale & Clarkdale should be the only two public options. Various neighborhoods within those for taste and style.

Lamar is also a great private school should you choose to live within city limits on the northeast side of town.

This. I've lived here too my whole life. I would certainly live in these 2 districts. Also living outside the city is very beneficial on property tax and car tags.