PDA

View Full Version : Read closely Manny!!

Tripp McNeely
05-24-2015, 07:53 PM
...and every other D-coordinator on their schedule. http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/tcu-coach-shares-game-plan-rout-ole-miss-peach-bowl/

Smitty
05-24-2015, 07:56 PM
You mean what everyone said to do against them in the EB yet we still got torched?

Very happy Collins is gone.

BeardoMSU
05-24-2015, 07:57 PM
You mean what everyone said to do against them in the EB yet we still got torched?

Very happy Collins is gone.

That game made it quite obvious he had already packed it in. That performance was shameful.

Howboutdemdogs
05-24-2015, 08:13 PM
No big loss with Collins. He never impressed me, and I never recognized that we could live up to the tag of "Psyco Defense". Manny has come home. He will make our defense feared! By far a better coach than Collins.

Todd4State
05-24-2015, 08:29 PM
Very interesting. So, basically just find the TE and go that direction unless he lined up behind the tackle.

I'll be honest- I do not like Bo Wallace because I think he is a douchebag. But he ran their offense fairly well. When he wasn't turning it over.

Now they are going to have a new QB who I don't think will be as good as Bo whomever it is.

It's also worth noting that TCU runs a 4-2-5 historically speaking. So, they're probably better equipped to handle that offense than say an Alabama because they have a natural LB/S hybrid to cover the TE.

Todd4State
05-24-2015, 08:31 PM
No big loss with Collins. He never impressed me, and I never recognized that we could live up to the tag of "Psyco Defense". Manny has come home. He will make our defense feared! By far a better coach than Collins.

I like Manny a LOT better- don't get me wrong. But I think we win the Egg Bowl with a healthy Cox and Market. And no 1A/1B BS. Which was ALL on Collins.

If you're having to come up with a system so that everyone gets their snaps and you're playing seniors over guys like Chris Jones- you probably don't belong in the SEC.

Todd4State
05-24-2015, 08:36 PM
Oh and another random thought that just came to me- how bad would their offense be without Tunsil locking down the blind side?

BeardoMSU
05-24-2015, 08:42 PM
Oh and another random thought that just came to me- how bad would their offense be without Tunsil locking down the blind side?

Shh...haven't you heard? They return their entire O-line and THIS will be the year they find a serviceable running game****

Bully13
05-24-2015, 08:56 PM
there's something about the e.b. and collins that just smells something awful. there is no way we were that bad talent wise to let a team that was so damned exposed in the Ark and TCU game move the ball on us.

something tells me he had the UF job locked up prior to the e.b. Collins is a pile of shit as far as I'm concerned. he has no honor. if you want to move on somewhere else, fine. but finish your 17ing job you worthless ****. and yes, I'm still bitter about missing the final 4 because by damned we were 17ing good enough to get there.

there is no 17ing way 1/2 of our defensive potential was applied during the e.b. or the o.b.

17 collins. I hope he fails at UF and has to end up as a D.L. coach at memphis.

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2015, 08:58 PM
I like Manny a LOT better- don't get me wrong. But I think we win the Egg Bowl with a healthy Cox and Market. And no 1A/1B BS. Which was ALL on Collins.

If you're having to come up with a system so that everyone gets their snaps and you're playing seniors over guys like Chris Jones- you probably don't belong in the SEC.

I agree. The game plan was crap on defense, but it certainly didn't help that we were depleted at the safety position. I would curious to see how different things may have been if Market and Cox were healthy

CadaverDawg
05-24-2015, 09:05 PM
there's something about the e.b. and collins that just smells something awful. there is no way we were that bad talent wise to let a team that was so damned exposed in the Ark and TCU game move the ball on us.

something tells me he had the UF job locked up prior to the e.b. Collins is a pile of shit as far as I'm concerned. he has no honor. if you want to move on somewhere else, fine. but finish your 17ing job you worthless ****. and yes, I'm still bitter about missing the final 4 because by damned we were 17ing good enough to get there.

there is no 17ing way 1/2 of our defensive potential was applied during the e.b. or the o.b.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/049/164/Bravo_Bravo.gif

msstate7
05-24-2015, 09:08 PM
I agree. The game plan was crap on defense, but it certainly didn't help that we were depleted at the safety position. I would curious to see how different things may have been if Market and Cox were healthy

OM was without Treadwell. Didn't sanders leave the game early? Bo was very banged up. It wasn't like we were the only ones dealing with injuries. They kicked our butts.

mstatefan91
05-24-2015, 09:08 PM
Was Cox not already suspended from the team at that point? Can't remember honestly.

Edit: he was already suspended

maroonmania
05-24-2015, 09:38 PM
All I can say is our entire defensive staff must have had a very nice and relaxing Thanksgiving holiday for the week because our defense was so ill prepared for the Egg Bowl that it was embarrassing. No Treadwell, very little Sanders, a Bo with one good ankle and we play the most vanilla defense we played the entire season. Made no sense at all and played right into their hands.

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2015, 09:53 PM
"If You Only Knew"/Dan Mullen can you weigh in on this?

I would really like to hear your thoughts on our defensive gameplan for the Egg Bowl & if you believe Collins' flirtation with the Florida job had any correlation with the performance?

Thanks

Coach 57
05-24-2015, 09:58 PM
It's pretty straightforward stuff that anybody who had watched UM all year SHOULD HAVE KNOWN. There was NO Treadwell! They were either going to beat you with Evan Engram (who is an ABSOLUTE freak and a slot WR who can block decent) or you were going to beat them. Pretty simple, basic football. TCU basically took their best safety and old school pick up style basketball style NO MATTER what "I've got him." That was TCU's focus on D and credit their staff for teaching it & implementation.

msstate7
05-24-2015, 09:58 PM
"If You Only Knew"/Dan Mullen can you weigh in on this?

I would really like to hear your thoughts on our defensive gameplan for the Egg Bowl & if you believe Collins' flirtation with the Florida job had any correlation with the performance?

Thanks

I think our guys took them lightly. Arkansas destroyed them the week before, Treadwell out, Bo banged up, and our guys coming off whipping vandy led our guys to think we had it in the bag. So while Collins' game plan was crap, I think Dan deserves his fair share of blame too.

DancingRabbit
05-24-2015, 10:00 PM
I've had some suspicions along this line of thinking. I think Manny will more than make up for the loss of experienced talent.

Todd4State
05-24-2015, 10:01 PM
OM was without Treadwell. Didn't sanders leave the game early? Bo was very banged up. It wasn't like we were the only ones dealing with injuries. They kicked our butts.

Yes, but in a game where match-ups matter it's WHO was out that matters. Evans vs. Engram was a HUGE problem for us.

Todd4State
05-24-2015, 10:03 PM
I think our guys took them lightly. Arkansas destroyed them the week before, Treadwell out, Bo banged up, and our guys coming off whipping vandy led our guys to think we had it in the bag. So while Collins' game plan was crap, I think Dan deserves his fair share of blame too.

Didn't Dan give the team Thanksgiving off? That pissed me off.

Let the team eat leftovers on Sunday- those taste better after we win anyway.

msstate7
05-24-2015, 10:05 PM
I doubt Collins rolled into the egg bowl without running his game plan by Mullen. Mullen let the players go home that week and ride there the day of the game. I'm a huge Mullen fan, but to blame only Collins is a scapegoat. We lost that game from our HC on down. We simply didn't want it more than them. Unacceptable...

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2015, 10:09 PM
I doubt Collins rolled into the egg bowl without running his game plan by Mullen. Mullen let the players go home that week and ride there the day of the game. I'm a huge Mullen fan, but to blame only Collins is a scapegoat. We lost that game from our HC on down. We simply didn't want it more than them. Unacceptable...

This actually has more to do with it than anything. The truth is that they were embarrassed the week before by Arkansas and had their manhood questioned. We would've been much better off if they had lost a close game at Arkansas. We say it's "unacceptable", but it's actually completely rational. After getting embarrassed and returning home to play in front of your own fans, you probably going to come out trying to prove something.

Todd4State
05-24-2015, 10:15 PM
This actually has more to do with it than anything. The truth is that they were embarrassed the week before by Arkansas and had their manhood questioned. We would've been much better off if they had lost a close game at Arkansas. We say it's "unacceptable", but it's actually completely rational. After getting embarrassed and returning home to play in front of your own fans, you probably going to come out trying to prove something.

Especially against us. As our former MSU band director Dr. Sills said- "They will sell their wives to outdo us."

dawgoneyall
05-25-2015, 06:51 AM
Well, when we refused to attack the middle on offense is the main reason we lost.

Dawgowar
05-25-2015, 08:52 AM
Our tackling was shit. Our effort was more fitting for a Louisiana Direction University than our rival. Nobody but the fans took the game seriously. Hopefully it is just a badly bruising lesson that neither Dan nor the team wishes to experience again.

In case I was not clear - our tackling vs TSUN = S-H-I-T. Total shit. The "Jakester" from Little Giants could have run through us that day. '

Wasn't much different against GaTech.

bluelightstar
05-25-2015, 09:19 AM
Yeah, our defensive scheme could've been better -- but the main problem was a lack of sound tackling that led to enormous plays. Nothing will exemplify that more than the 90-yard touchdown run that nearly made me vomit in the stands.

gravedigger
05-25-2015, 09:25 AM
I share your disdain for collins effort but he didnt have the uf job before the egg bowl. He did, however have plans all season to take whatever head coaching job he could get and i do think the uf job was what he thought he would get.

Bottom line: if a coordinator has a foot out the door your team will suffer.

But mullen is no less to blame for the first half of the bama game or the entire egg bowl with regard to offense. He stunk it up too.

Manny is invested as long as he and mullen keep a good relationship. That should show in our defensive production

BulldogBear
05-25-2015, 09:38 AM
Yeah, our defensive scheme could've been better -- but the main problem was a lack of sound tackling that led to enormous plays. Nothing will exemplify that more than the 90-yard touchdown run that nearly made me vomit in the stands.

I was sitting in that endzone and had a "front row seat" for that garbage. When the ball was snapped that was still a game we were gonna win. One busted play and a season's worth of missed tackles later and the writing was effectively on the wall. Still gives me the willies.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-25-2015, 09:42 AM
Our defensive game plan was bad. That was the game you send the house & double Engram. We didn't & you see the results. As far as giving the players off for thanksgiving we do that every year. There probably weren't 10 kids who went home. That didn't play a part at all but when you lose fans have to find some reason for it. We just didn't play well & they did. They had a top notch defense so our offense wasn't going to have a field day but I expected our defense to shut down a 1 dimensional offense with 1 weapon.

thf24
05-25-2015, 09:44 AM
Despite our lackluster effort and poor gameplan, I think we could have won if we'd done a single thing differently: put Matt Wells on Engram and never take him out.

cbrunt29
05-25-2015, 10:11 AM
Despite our lackluster effort and poor gameplan, I think we could have won if we'd done a single thing differently: put Matt Wells on Engram and never take him out.
Amen. I was literally screaming this at the tv

NCDawg
05-25-2015, 10:46 AM

Why don't you quit beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel about Collins. For the record, I concur. No way we should have let Ole Miss offense run all over us like that, especially with their not very good OL and gimpy QB.

Pollodawg
05-25-2015, 11:13 AM
Weak effort all the way around, imho. We treated OM like it was a done deal because of what happened to them the week before.