PDA

View Full Version : Why not find out who Tulane is going to schedule and out bid Tulane for the game.

Jack Lambert
05-21-2015, 11:26 AM
Those scared bastards.

FISHDAWG
05-21-2015, 11:31 AM
because they're probably worse than Tulane

starkvegasdawg
05-21-2015, 11:32 AM
I hoep we never do another game with a buyout less than $750,000. They should not be allowed to back out of a game this close to it being played in the days of schedules being made 5+ years in advance. At the least have a sliding buyout scale that increases closer to game time.

coastdoglover
05-21-2015, 01:16 PM
LT at his best!

LC Dawg
05-21-2015, 01:20 PM
I just had that same thought when scanning the thread about Stricklin wanting our thoughts. I would love to screw up Tulane's plans.
We've got SEC money. Why don't we just wait until Tulane announces who it is and make them an offer they can't refuse.

sandwolf
05-21-2015, 02:19 PM
Haha I hadn't thought of doing something like that. That would be the ultimate pimp slap and would serve as a pretty stark reminder as to where they sit on the totem pole. That would be awesome, but it would also be expensive......and unfortunately Scott is probably too mature to spend that kind of money just so he could whip his cock out in somebody's face.

FISHDAWG
05-21-2015, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=LC Dawg;
We've got SEC money. Why don't we just wait until Tulane announces who it is and make them an offer they can't refuse.[/QUOTE]

they wont announce until the contract is signed .... then we offer that team and Tulane receives the money back they paid us for the bail-out ... it's kinda like Seinfeld breaking even, but poor old Tulane is outside looking in but with no opponent

MSUDawg99
05-21-2015, 04:18 PM
Tulane announces 3 game series against Oklahoma in 17' 21' and 24'. Guess they had to move some opponents to make it work & we got bumped.

https://twitter.com/MstateGraphics/status/601495795393769472

Dawgcentral
05-21-2015, 06:49 PM
Was hearing on H2H this afternoon about the Oklahoma deal. Wyatt made the statement that you really couldn't you really couldn't blame Tulane for making the deal. I'm calling B.S. on that garbage. In my thinking, they made a deal and should stick by their word.

Yeah, maybe it's old school thinking, and of course the buy out should have been high enough to discourage their crawfishing out of it. But from now on, any mention of Tulane and Integrity in the same sentence will leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Screw those people. We have less than a year and a half to make other arrangements. H2H also alluded that Strick doesn't want to "burn any bridges". With Tulane? And their new stadium where you'll dehydrate in late August or September which is when we most likely will play them in the coming decades?

bluelightstar
05-21-2015, 06:54 PM
Was hearing on H2H this afternoon about the Oklahoma deal. Wyatt made the statement that you really couldn't you really couldn't blame Tulane for making the deal. I'm calling B.S. on that garbage. In my thinking, they made a deal and should stick by their word.

Yeah, maybe it's old school thinking, and of course the buy out should have been high enough to discourage their crawfishing out of it. But from now on, any mention of Tulane and Integrity in the same sentence will leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Screw those people. We have less than a year and a half to make other arrangements. H2H also alluded that Strick doesn't want to "burn any bridges". With Tulane? And their new stadium where you'll dehydrate in late August or September which is when we most likely will play them in the coming decades?

We got out of our game (that was to be played in 2013) at UAB in October 2012. I just don't see what the big deal is -- this stuff happens. We wanted 7 home games, so we got out of the contract. Tulane wanted something else, so they got out of the contract.

Todd4State
05-21-2015, 07:27 PM

Tulane is a logical team for us to play not only in football, but also in baseball and maybe even basketball as well. Scott knows that a lot of our fans want to watch us play in New Orleans- and by playing them on the road, assuming that we play seven home games, that's basically like an eighth home game for us. Tulane is a better baseball program than Memphis- and for all the people bitching about our schedule, playing them home and home or maybe even in Biloxi makes a lot of sense for both of us.

I don't think Tulane wants to burn bridges with us either- LSU doesn't want to play them, and having us as a go to SEC team for them to play works in their favor also- as does playing us in baseball. The AD at Tulane knows that we travel well to NOLA- and that is to their benefit as well.

Jack Lambert
05-21-2015, 10:08 PM
Tulane announces 3 game series against Oklahoma in 17' 21' and 24'. Guess they had to move some opponents to make it work & we got bumped.

https://twitter.com/MstateGraphics/status/601495795393769472

I just hope Karma kicks them in the ass and I hope OK beat that ass down as well.

MSUDawg4Life
05-21-2015, 10:26 PM
Like I suspected. While Oklahoma is arguably "more attractive", they are not a team Tulane can reasonably expect to beat. The deal was made for money, not wins.

bluelightstar
05-21-2015, 11:47 PM
I just hope Karma kicks them in the ass and I hope OK beat that ass down as well.

Again, how is this karma? Teams do this all the time. We did it ourselves a couple years ago (with less warning than Tulane gave us). I've got a little soft spot for Tulane admittedly, but I just don't see why we're all acting like what they did is taboo.

MSUDawg99
05-22-2015, 09:36 AM
Again, how is this karma? Teams do this all the time. We did it ourselves a couple years ago (with less warning than Tulane gave us). I've got a little soft spot for Tulane admittedly, but I just don't see why we're all acting like what they did is taboo.

Cause it puts us in a tight spot this late in the game with very little chance to add a team to our schedule on such short notice.

Jack Lambert
05-22-2015, 09:38 AM
Cause it puts us in a tight spot this late in the game with very little chance to add a team to our schedule on such short notice.

Also SS didn't come out with some A Hole Statement.

maroonmania
05-22-2015, 10:22 AM
Guess I'm not following how dumping us in 2016 relates to them scheduling games with OK in '17, '21 and '24?

bluelightstar
05-22-2015, 12:24 PM

Again, WE did the same thing -- with even less notice to UAB. It's the cost of doing business.

MSUDawg99
05-22-2015, 12:49 PM
Again, WE did the same thing -- with even less notice to UAB. It's the cost of doing business.

Yeah but that doesn't make it right. WE shouldn't have done that either!

Jack Lambert
05-22-2015, 12:58 PM

Amazing how fast LSU lined them up. It's almost as if SS knew LSU was looking. I am sure UAB made more money out of the deal.

FISHDAWG
05-22-2015, 02:06 PM

should we pull a recruits offer that had remained committed to us at the last minute ? Is that the cost of doing business ?