PDA

View Full Version : Stricklin wants your opinion on twitter

BulldogBear
05-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Would you rather have a second fcs next season at home or go on road to a midmajor. I told him the latter if we get at least two home games out of the deal to work into future schedule.

bluelightstar
05-21-2015, 10:48 AM
Where does he ask this? Last I saw, he said he'd already decided that we'd do a non-P5 on the road before a 2nd FCS at home.

thf24
05-21-2015, 10:51 AM
I'd rather go on the road. Two FCS games might be a dagger for us if (knock on wood) we're in the playoff picture.

Irondawg
05-21-2015, 10:52 AM
Yep, you just can't take two FCS teams

Irondawg
05-21-2015, 10:54 AM
Cant we just pay USM a wad of cash to come get smoked again? There has to be somebody we could get to pull on tulane on somebody else. We need to flex the muscle a little bit.

Really Clark?
05-21-2015, 10:57 AM
Cant we just pay USM a wad of cash to come get smoked again? There has to be somebody we could get to pull on tulane on somebody else. We need to flex the muscle a little bit.

Probably could have, if we knew about this a year or two ago. At this late date, it is going to be tough.

messageboardsuperhero
05-21-2015, 10:58 AM
If those are the options, you have to go on the road. Playing two FCS teams is pathetic.

DanDority
05-21-2015, 10:59 AM
My answer would be to do your job, make the decision! You get paid good money just for this, don't put it on someone else.

Coach34
05-21-2015, 11:00 AM

USM would play us for 100K and a box of t-shirts. They are broke

Ifyouonlyknew
05-21-2015, 11:02 AM
My answer would be to do your job, make the decision! You get paid good money just for this, don't put it on someone else.

I'm pretty sure he's not taking tabs on all the answers from twitter & msg boards & then going with 1 with the most votes. We won't play a 2nd FCS school.

MrKotter
05-21-2015, 11:04 AM
Is fire Bracky an option?

Irondawg
05-21-2015, 11:06 AM
If we have to buyout out somebody else's game then so be it. How much is a home game worth to us these days? Even if you have to overpay and not make near as much as you usually do its worth it to keep the fans happy.

Or as others have mentioned try a neutral site game - can we get somebody to meet us down in the Superdome for example.

It's not going to be easy but it could be done. And as I'm mentioned if we could make it profitable for USM I would think they'd do it in a minute.

Dawg496
05-21-2015, 11:10 AM
Next year with the loss of personnel we will suffer, we need to do the midmajor since the second FCS team can't count towards bowl eligibility.

We will need to count all four non conference games towards six wins. We go on the road to LSU, Bama and Ole Miss and those will be tough. Throw in Auburn and A&M who will be much improved and won't sustain nearly the losses we will and it leaves basically Kentucky and Arkansas in the winnable column. Not sure who our home East opponent will be. Missouri?

Not to mention @BYU could easily go either way.

MSUDawg4Life
05-21-2015, 11:11 AM
I'd rather he keep looking for a FBS home game. The USM angle is interesting. I would definitely look into that. If all fails,go on the road because a second FCS game shouldn't be a consideration.

DancingRabbit
05-21-2015, 11:12 AM
Would you rather have a second fcs next season at home or go on road to a midmajor. I told him the latter if we get at least two home games out of the deal to work into future schedule.

Scott wasn't asking for opinions. He gave his opinion to the question, which was non-P5 on the road.

Jack Lambert
05-21-2015, 11:15 AM
I don't really want to pay 340 per ticket for six games or two FCS teams. I hope they make adjustments to the price.

maroonmania
05-21-2015, 11:17 AM
Playing 2 FCS teams shouldn't even be an option. And I would be fine with working something out with USM if it was doable but they likely won't do it without a return trip and I'm pretty sure Stricklin just wants a one year deal with someone.

Really Clark?
05-21-2015, 11:18 AM
If we have to buyout out somebody else's game then so be it. How much is a home game worth to us these days? Even if you have to overpay and not make near as much as you usually do its worth it to keep the fans happy.

Or as others have mentioned try a neutral site game - can we get somebody to meet us down in the Superdome for example.

It's not going to be easy but it could be done. And as I'm mentioned if we could make it profitable for USM I would think they'd do it in a minute.

USM's 4 OOC games next year is Austin Peay and Troy at home and LSU and BYU on the road. Broke or not they also have to balance their schedule and any chance of making a bowl game. I dont think they would be inclined to drop AP or Troy for an amount that would be reasonable for us to pay. What about ULM? If I am reading this right they may need a game. Of course they might not want to add to Oklahoma and Auburn.

FISHDAWG
05-21-2015, 11:38 AM
Playing 2 FCS teams shouldn't even be an option. And I would be fine with working something out with USM if it was doable but they likely won't do it without a return trip and I'm pretty sure Stricklin just wants a one year deal with someon.

Maine **

chef dixon
05-21-2015, 12:48 PM
South Alabama should owe us unlimited trips to Davis Wade for the buzz we created for them.

CadaverDawg
05-21-2015, 12:55 PM
Scott said he is looking at a non P5 road game for 2016, that would result in 6 home games...but it would likely be a 2 for 1, so we will get 2 home games out of it for the future. Not ideal, but better than a home and home with a road game to start. Sounds like maybe a Cusa or Sunbelt team

BulldogBear
05-21-2015, 01:14 PM
Next year with the loss of personnel we will suffer, we need to do the midmajor since the second FCS team can't count towards bowl eligibility.

We will need to count all four non conference games towards six wins. We go on the road to LSU, Bama and Ole Miss and those will be tough. Throw in Auburn and A&M who will be much improved and won't sustain nearly the losses we will and it leaves basically Kentucky and Arkansas in the winnable column. Not sure who our home East opponent will be. Missouri?

Not to mention @BYU could easily go either way.

Home to USCe next season

MetEdDawg
05-21-2015, 01:21 PM
Has to be a road mid major and like some have said try and get 2 for 1. Find a team from the MAC or maybe a team in the Mountain West and see what's available.

But we have to at all costs stay away from an FCS team. That's a national perception and reputation nightmare. The media doesn't care about the facts as to why we might have to play 2 FCS schools. Only that we played 2 FCS schools and it would be brought up at some point. Just can't let that happen.

PMDawg
05-21-2015, 01:45 PM

The guy can't win. Too many bafoons out there.

Dawg496
05-21-2015, 01:49 PM
Home to USCe next season

In that case I can only safely project 2 wins right now:

Samford
South Alabama

Toss-up/favorite:
@BYU - don't know what to expect, usually a solid team
@Kentucky - yes I know but anything can happen on the road in the SEC, plus we'll have a young team
vs. Arkansas - how much better will they be

Toss-up:
vs. South Carolina - don't know what to expect
vs. A&M - they will be very good in '16 but not sure quite what to expect

Toss-up/underdog:
@Ole Miss - Egg Bowl is tough on the road even though they will have even more talent walking out the door than us
vs. Auburn - Muschamp's second year and Gus's offense could be lethal
@LSU - They will be pissed off and will try to avenge losing to us two years in a row

Underdog:
@Alabama

While we could very well win all of BYU and home conference games, we could just as easily not. Admittedly it is hard to not count Kentucky as a win, but even including them and BYU in the win column gives us 5 so far. We need the last non-con game to count towards bowl eligibility.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-21-2015, 01:52 PM
In that case I can only safely project 2 wins right now:

Samford
South Alabama

Toss-up/favorite:
@BYU - don't know what to expect, usually a solid team
@Kentucky - yes I know but anything can happen on the road in the SEC, plus we'll have a young team
vs. Arkansas - how much better will they be

Toss-up:
vs. South Carolina - don't know what to expect
vs. A&M - they will be very good in '16 but not sure quite what to expect

Toss-up/underdog:
@Ole Miss - Egg Bowl is tough on the road even though they will have even more talent walking out the door than us
vs. Auburn - Muschamp's second year and Gus's offense could be lethal
@LSU - They will be pissed off and will try to avenge losing to us two years in a row

Underdog:
@Alabama

While we could very well win all of BYU and home conference games, we could just as easily not. Admittedly it is hard to not count Kentucky as a win, but even including them and BYU in the win column gives us 5 so far. We need the last non-con game to count towards bowl eligibility.

It's hard enough projecting wins/losses for the 2015 season. It's impossible to know what any team will look like in 2016.

Dawg496
05-21-2015, 02:37 PM
It's hard enough projecting wins/losses for the 2015 season. It's impossible to know what any team will look like in 2016.

No doubt. But for the sake of protecting the bowl streak, we need to schedule a game that counts towards the six required, which was my larger point. Obviously I am terrible at projecting wins/losses given I projected 7 last year.