PDA

View Full Version : Should Tulane ever be considered

dawgoneyall
05-20-2015, 10:02 PM
as an opponent on our schedule again?

Of course, I would have never considered BYU again after the deliberate screwing (the mountain eight or what ever their conference was called then) the officials delivered in 2001. Lows life cheating bunch of bastards.

SDDawg
05-20-2015, 10:09 PM
Nope.

BeardoMSU
05-20-2015, 10:13 PM
Eh....
http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1321/13218959/2615160-2679308106-1W8xD.gif

hells bells
05-20-2015, 10:40 PM
as an opponent on our schedule again?

Of course, I would have never considered BYU again after the deliberate screwing (the mountain eight or what ever their conference was called then) the officials delivered in 2001. Lows life cheating bunch of bastards.

I almost was thrown out of that game. I lost my shit with all the holding calls and the 17 bombs exploded. 17 Tulane.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-20-2015, 10:50 PM
Yes. New Orleans is a prime destination for MSU sports.

msstate7
05-20-2015, 10:52 PM
Yes. New Orleans is a prime destination for MSU sports.

Rather schedule neutral site game there vs P5 team

DancingRabbit
05-20-2015, 11:04 PM
Sure, if we can work out a suitable 2 for 1 and put it in an unbreakable contract. It's a good road trip.

thf24
05-21-2015, 07:50 AM
I'm probably in the minority but I don't really hold it against them, despite the bad spot it's put us in. It was the correct business decision on their part for where their program is right now. We just need to make sure we sign a very favorable contract if/when we play them again.

Jack Lambert
05-21-2015, 07:55 AM
Rather schedule neutral site game there vs P5 team

I think NO should host a kick off game with SEC VS Pac 12.

bulldogcountry1
05-21-2015, 08:10 AM
Yes. They are in the top 40 in RPI right now in baseball. They have built that program back up to respectability, and we should be playing them again.

DawgHouseUnited
05-21-2015, 08:30 AM
Sure, if we can work out a suitable 2 for 1 and put it in an unbreakable contract. It's a good road trip.

This. I'd consider it, but the contract details would need to be highly favorable for us. I'd probably be pushing for such favorable details that it wouldn't be "attractive" enough on their end though. They're the ones that torched the bridge, though, not us.

Johnson85
05-21-2015, 08:36 AM
This. I'd consider it, but the contract details would need to be highly favorable for us. I'd probably be pushing for such favorable details that it wouldn't be "attractive" enough on their end though. They're the ones that torched the bridge, though, not us.

We did a lot by signing a contract that made it desirable for them to break it 18 17ing months out. It's not Tulane's fault we negotiated a shitty contract. They have to do what's right for their program, we have to do what's right for ours. In this case, they did their job and LT didn't do his. Can't hold that against them.

DawgHouseUnited
05-21-2015, 09:06 AM
We did a lot by signing a contract that made it desirable for them to break it 18 17ing months out. It's not Tulane's fault we negotiated a shitty contract. They have to do what's right for their program, we have to do what's right for ours. In this case, they did their job and LT didn't do his. Can't hold that against them.

I dunno. I can understand why they did it, but breaking a contract is still breaking a contract. Having said that, I would come to the table with them sometime down the road, but I'd be pretty adament about the details being in our favor.

BulldogBear
05-21-2015, 09:24 AM
It happens. I think it's crappy for us but I look at more like it's on us for letting it go on so long that the landscape changed so much that the buyout was the best option for them. We played the first five (3A-2H) from 2003-07. Why the beck did it take so long to get around to the last matchup, which of course is our last home one?

Now for the plank in our own eye. We did the same to UAB recently.

MuleKing
05-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Tulane didn't break the contract. Language was in contract that gave them the right. I agree it was unfortunate for us but it was within their rights. It is not uncommon for teams to do what is in their best interest. We just moved La Tech. I agree it puts us in a tough position but scheduling is a tough business. Lets don't burn bridges with Tulane. You never know what future might bring.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-21-2015, 10:59 AM
The problem isn't that they got out of the contract. The problem is that they really didn't give us any heads up or warning even though we had heard rumblings about it. Stricklin even called to ask them about it & they never gave him an answer. If they would've gave us a "hey we may have to backout" warning we could'v had another school on standby willing & ready to fill this void. That's the only beef in this whole thing.

maroonmania
05-21-2015, 11:25 AM
The problem isn't that they got out of the contract. The problem is that they really didn't give us any heads up or warning even though we had heard rumblings about it. Stricklin even called to ask them about it & they never gave him an answer. If they would've gave us a "hey we may have to backout" warning we could'v had another school on standby willing & ready to fill this void. That's the only beef in this whole thing.

Never expect anything honorable to come out of New Orleans.

blacklistedbully
05-21-2015, 11:31 AM
Being within their contractual right doesn't make it less classy, and it doesn't necessarily make it a good business decision overall.

Were I the AD at another school Tulane is interested in scheduling, I'd factor in how their AD conduced himself with other schools. Seeing how hey sahfted us so late in the process, even though it was legal, would cause me to either decide they weren't worth the potential headache, or my demands would be much more stringent than they otherwise would have been.

If other AD's feel this way, this could end up biting Tulane in the ass for years to come.