PDA

View Full Version : College umpires

msstate7
05-20-2015, 09:03 PM
As most of you know, I watch the Braves every game. After watching mlb umpires call ball and strikes, it's pretty obvious that college umps are pathetic.

shoeless joe
05-20-2015, 09:16 PM
I've been trumpeting this for years. College umpires are beyond pathetic. I don't know how the coaches keep I together. Work your ass off everyday to then have to deal with those clowns when the money's on the line.

IMO the reason for this is minor league baseball. All the good umps are either calling major leagues or in the minors trying to work their way up. A college ump either isn't good enough or isn't committed to the craft. And what you see is the direct result of that.

Todd4State
05-20-2015, 09:43 PM
College umpires are a joke. And then they clip college coaches wings by pretty much making it almost illegal to argue with them because if you get kicked out twice you get suspended and the school gets fined. It only encourages mediocrity.

The worst thing is the always moving strike zone or having two different strike zones for two different pitchers.

Charles McElroy is probably the worst umpire I've seen. He always does the games in Jackson- and he always ****s something up. Doesn't keep the game moving along- it'll be the 8:30 and the game is in the third inning.

maroonmania
05-20-2015, 09:47 PM
After that reversal call the other day on the bunt in the last inning at Tennessee I've decided that college umps don't even try to do a good job. Only explanation I can think of when umps reverse a call that's irreversible.