PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 SEC receiving targets in 2015

Coach34
05-20-2015, 07:30 PM
(hint: Bearsharks gone be mad)

http://touchdownalabama.net/sec-football-top-5-receiving-targets-in-2015/

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2015, 08:07 PM
It's amazing how productive human beings can be when they aren't handcuffed by recruiting ranking. It's damn amazing what the human race can accomplish when they call a spade a spade

TUSK
05-20-2015, 08:51 PM
Bear's a MFer... I'd love to have that cat in TitleTown...

FlabLoser
05-20-2015, 08:53 PM
Bear is just beginning to be good. 3-5 more years of development & muscle and he'll be a grade A badass megatron like guy.

SDDawg
05-20-2015, 11:58 PM
I think Ross will finish the year in that group as well...

justwin
05-21-2015, 12:00 AM
that first TD vs LSU where the LSU db was hanging all over him (no call) was a beaut

DancingRabbit
05-21-2015, 12:18 AM
Bear's a MFer... I'd love to have that cat in TitleTown...

Did you move to Columbus Ohio? Leave off braggart bullshit or F--- off.

Say it like a normal person. "I'd love to have that guy in Tuscaloosa."

TUSK
05-21-2015, 01:18 AM
Did you move to Columbus Ohio? Leave off braggart bullshit or F--- off.

Say it like a normal person. "I'd love to have that guy in Tuscaloosa."

lol....

oh, and [yawn]...

DancingRabbit
05-21-2015, 01:51 AM
Just another dumbass Gump. You bring nothing.

http://scottmercercreative.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/titletown-logo.jpg

TUSK
05-21-2015, 02:41 AM

Daddio, I (totally) ripped it off... no argument here...

but please don't compare championships tween GB and Bammer.... that's silly...

MSUDawg4Life
05-21-2015, 05:07 AM
I think Ross will finish the year in that group as well...

Definitely.

Ross could end up with more catches and more yards than Bear. But, that makes Bear even more dangerous ....

Should be fun to watch.

Coach34
05-21-2015, 05:53 AM
Definitely.

Ross could end up with more catches and more yards than Bear. But, that makes Bear even more dangerous ....

Should be fun to watch.

Ross will benefit from teams trying to help on Wilson over the top. I know Ole Missus fans think that Paidwell is the only WR in the NCAA football that gets doubled-but it happens to other players like Bear also (and Kimchee is the only DT that gets doubled). Stonehands and Brown/Gray will benefit from coverages rolled toward Bear and Ross. Even Walley will be deadly in the red zone because safeties will be cheating to help on Bear over the top and he can slip behind or away from a LB'er. Walley may catch 5-6 TD passes.

Our passing attack is going to be lethal this year.

MSUDawg4Life
05-21-2015, 06:40 AM
Ross will benefit from teams trying to help on Wilson over the top. I know Ole Missus fans think that Paidwell is the only WR in the NCAA football that gets doubled-but it happens to other players like Bear also (and Kimchee is the only DT that gets doubled). Stonehands and Brown/Gray will benefit from coverages rolled toward Bear and Ross. Even Walley will be deadly in the red zone because safeties will be cheating to help on Bear over the top and he can slip behind or away from a LB'er. Walley may catch 5-6 TD passes.

Our passing attack is going to be lethal this year.

Yep, that's what I was thinking.

If teams try to double Bear, the other receivers are going to eat them alive particularly Fred Ross.

If teams try to play Bear straight up ... well ... good luck with that.

Gonna be fun.

msstate7
05-21-2015, 06:43 AM
Speaking of receivers... Are we expecting anything out of Jesse Jackson and Christy this year?

MSUDawg4Life
05-21-2015, 07:06 AM
Speaking of receivers... Are we expecting anything out of Jesse Jackson and Christy this year?

From the few spring practices that I attended, I think Jesse Jackson is going to stand out among the new guys. Ran smooth. Had really good hands. I think he'll get his share of catches.

I think Shelby Christy has a great opportunity. I'd just like to see him own it. If he's going to be a TE, go out and take the position. He made some good plays here and there, but I'm not sure he realizes that he could start if he would just dominate the position. He has the size and talent to do it. That's just my opinion. Doesn't mean he won't turn it on in the fall.

Dawg496
05-21-2015, 09:24 AM
Don't forget Fred Brown. He has shown flashes but the third year is when players seem to really put it together under Mullen. He's a big target as well and has got the speed to take it to the house.

With all the attention Bear and Ross are getting, Fred Brown may be the biggest surprise in the WR corp.

confucius say
05-21-2015, 09:29 AM
Our offense has all the pieces. Going to come down to the ol. And dan/Knox allowing lee to be the feature rb and get down hill.

tcdog70
05-21-2015, 09:36 AM
no love for Donald Gray? Might be the sleeper of the group.

starkvegasdawg
05-21-2015, 09:39 AM
If we get even serviceable OL play then our 2015 offense is going to make the 2014 offense look like garbage. Add that to a hopefully improved defense without the 1B fiasco and things could be looking pretty good this fall.

Coach34
05-21-2015, 10:13 AM
Our OL this Spring looked more physical to me than it has the last couple of years...not to mention- when is the last time a 4-star juco OT could have transferred in and not broken the line-up?

Really Clark?
05-21-2015, 10:21 AM
Our OL this Spring looked more physical to me than it has the last couple of years...not to mention- when is the last time a 4-star juco OT could have transferred in and not broken the line-up?

I agree. I think we only need for this group to gel as one and they will surpass what we had last year. Maybe by a wide margin. They have the potential to be the best line we have had since our late 90's run. They have to execute but I an pretty excited with what we have in the program right now.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-21-2015, 10:23 AM
Our offense has all the pieces. Going to come down to the ol. And dan/Knox allowing lee to be the feature rb and get down hill.

I love D. Lee & think he's going to be really good but a lot of you are really selling Shump short. He's going to be the man this year & will play really well. Also the spring game have yall forgetting about Aeris too.

PMDawg
05-21-2015, 10:55 AM
Speedy Noil. Watch. He will be top 3 this year.

Coach34
05-21-2015, 10:57 AM
Speedy Noil. Watch. He will be top 3 this year.

He certainly could be in their offense

maroonmania
05-21-2015, 11:30 AM
I love D. Lee & think he's going to be really good but a lot of you are really selling Shump short. He's going to be the man this year & will play really well. Also the spring game have yall forgetting about Aeris too.

Would love to see Shump do well but he even watching the Spring game just not overly impressed with his running style and it doesn't seem to take a lot of contact to knock him off balance and get tackled.

RBritt
05-21-2015, 11:37 AM
Can't wait to see Will Redmond get rich shutting down Malaci Dupree, Duke Williams, Speedy Noil, and Treadwell. Redmond is gonna be Smoot like lockdown. Donald Gray guys don't sleep on him. I bet he takes one to the house against USM, maybe the opening kickoff.

blacklistedbully
05-21-2015, 11:41 AM

Damn, did you forget to take your Midol or something? Tusk is alright, and absolutely does bring some good stuff at times. Chill, baby.

PMDawg
05-21-2015, 01:53 PM
He certainly could be in their offense

Any offense. He has a high ceiling. Had a hard time adjusting to college last year.

CadaverDawg
05-21-2015, 03:35 PM

This^

Shump will be our feature back, and D Lee will be a good addition to Shump and Aeris the next few years. Lee ain't taking the starting role from Shump or Aeris. Not this year anyway. People fall in love too much over Spring Game performances.

"Brandon Holloway and Jeremy Chappelle are going to be BEASTS!1!!1!" - our fans after past Spring games.

Way too many of our fans show no respect to Shumpert.