View Full Version : Need some Elite Help about our home football games...

CadaverDawg
07-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Some of you may remember me talking about my Grandfather and the scholarship in his name. Well, MSU is asking which Home game he would like to be in the sky box for this upcoming season. I'm not sure how many times he can use it, but they want us to choose at least one game so they can reserve it.

That being said, I am going to be able to go with him, and I'm pumped! My Grandfather is 91 and this will be the first game I've ever been to with him.

So the question is, what game should we choose? I would like to see a win, but at the same time, I feel like the LSU and Bama games should be electric this year. Plus, I feel like we have a decent shot at beating LSU for the first time in a while. I'm leaning heavy towards LSU, but thought I would get the boards' opinion. I would love for it to be a night game, but I doubt there is any way of being sure this early.

Thoughts?

Todd4State
07-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Well, I'm sure the Egg Bowl being on Thanksgiving will be a night game, and it will be an electric atmosphere. And while it's not a slam dunk win, cue Coach's stat about the home team winning over the past 15-20 years.

CadaverDawg
07-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Well, I'm sure the Egg Bowl being on Thanksgiving will be a night game, and it will be an electric atmosphere. And while it's not a slam dunk win, cue Coach's stat about the home team winning over the past 15-20 years.

Well, I didn't mention that it can be any game Except the Egg Bowl....we always have Thanksgiving at his house and all of our family will be there. With him being 91, I would hate to deprive the family of being with him on Thanksgiving because, well, you just never know.

MSUDawg4Life
07-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Home games:

9/7 Alcorn State
9/21 Troy
10/5 LSU
10/12 Bowling Green (Homecoming)
10/24 Kentucky
11/16 Alabama
11/28 OM

Personally, I would go with the Egg Bowl. It's not a guaranteed win, but it will be exciting.

LSU is not a bad second choice though.

ETA: Didn't see you last post. Oh well, I guess LSU it is then. Or homecoming.

Todd4State
07-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Well, I didn't mention that it can be any game Except the Egg Bowl....we always have Thanksgiving at his house and all of our family will be there. With him being 91, I would hate to deprive the family of being with him on Thanksgiving because, well, you just never know.

Don't say that to HD6. Because you know, you're supposed to inconvenience your entire family on Thanksgiving so that you can go to a football game and you are an idiot if you suggest otherwise.

CadaverDawg
07-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Don't say that to HD6. Because you know, you're supposed to inconvenience your entire family on Thanksgiving so that you can go to a football game and you are an idiot if you suggest otherwise.

Ha

AROB44
07-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Isn't LSU on Thursday night? Would be your night game as well as the chance to win a BIG one.

CadaverDawg
07-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Isn't LSU on Thursday night? Would be your night game as well as the chance to win a BIG one.

I didn't even think about that....Is that game on Thursday night?

AROB44
07-04-2013, 04:01 PM
My bad....Kentucky is on Thursday night... not LSU

CadaverDawg
07-04-2013, 04:03 PM
My bad....Kentucky is on Thursday night... not LSU

Oh ok. That actually may be better then.

DownwardDawg
07-04-2013, 04:20 PM
He's 91. You better go to the first one!!!! JK
All jokes aside, I would pick the LSU game this year.

Todd4State
07-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Home games:

9/7 Alcorn State
9/21 Troy
10/5 LSU
10/12 Bowling Green (Homecoming)
10/24 Kentucky
11/16 Alabama
11/28 OM

Personally, I would go with the Egg Bowl. It's not a guaranteed win, but it will be exciting.

LSU is not a bad second choice though.

ETA: Didn't see you last post. Oh well, I guess LSU it is then. Or homecoming.

That really is the worst schedule we have had in years. We have TWO SEC games on a weekend. Seriously? Why don't we just freaking join C-USA if we aren't going to play on Saturday?

Political Hack
07-04-2013, 09:14 PM
if its not the egg bowl it's LSU, and it's not even close.

Westdawg
07-04-2013, 09:27 PM
EGG BOWL, LSU, ALABAMA ----games i would choose, in order. and i pray we beat every last one of them.

CadaverDawg
07-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Glad you guys feel the same way I do....I think we're going to shoot for LSU.

Have any of you ever sat in a skybox? I did one time a very long time ago. Just wondering what to expect. I think last time it was stocked with beer, liquor, chicken tenders, etc....is that pretty standard or is each box different? I'm like a kid waiting on Christmas for this.

reddog
07-05-2013, 01:15 PM
yeah it's pretty standard for private/corporate boxes ..bdk about msu sky box

Drewbowski
07-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Don't over look the Troy and BGSU games. BGSU should be great but it is homecoming. Troy we should win and will be exciting to watch. LSU we will lose.

Todd4State
07-05-2013, 10:39 PM
We'll beat Troy pretty easily. We couldn't catch a pass and we played soft ass zone the entire game and were on the road and we STILL beat them. Tyler made a hell of a throw on our go ahead TD pass. Bowling Green is a trap game for us.

Pollodawg
07-06-2013, 10:20 PM
We'll beat Troy pretty easily. We couldn't catch a pass and we played soft ass zone the entire game and were on the road and we STILL beat them. Tyler made a hell of a throw on our go ahead TD pass. Bowling Green is a trap game for us.

Yeah. The Troy game wasn't as close as most make it out to be. Wasn't it like 23-7 before they climbed back into it?

Drewbowski
07-07-2013, 03:10 AM
We'll see how the fall practices and OK State games go. I just do not get too excited about Football season until August.

woozman
07-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Glad you guys feel the same way I do....I think we're going to shoot for LSU.

Have any of you ever sat in a skybox? I did one time a very long time ago. Just wondering what to expect. I think last time it was stocked with beer, liquor, chicken tenders, etc....is that pretty standard or is each box different? I'm like a kid waiting on Christmas for this.

One of my fraternity brothers sold his company for several million a few years back and he donated a lot of money to the engineering school so he can get tixs to a box when he can fly down. He invited me to the USCe game a couple of years ago and we sat in a sky box. I personally wouldn't want to go to every game in a sky box because you are separated from the rest of the crowd and it doesn't have the same game "feel". However, it was pretty cool. Chicken fingers and other food were constantly re-stocked and all the liquor and beer you wanted. Couches and the private bathroom were also nice.

Homedawg
07-07-2013, 11:40 AM
One of my fraternity brothers sold his company for several million a few years back and he donated a lot of money to the engineering school so he can get tixs to a box when he can fly down. He invited me to the USCe game a couple of years ago and we sat in a sky box. I personally wouldn't want to go to every game in a sky box because you are separated from the rest of the crowd and it doesn't have the same game "feel". However, it was pretty cool. Chicken fingers and other food were constantly re-stocked and all the liquor and beer you wanted. Couches and the private bathroom were also nice.

The beer and liquor is put there by the person who has the box, not the university. The owner is responsible for providing it.....question is, is he being invited to sit in the presidents box?