PDA

View Full Version : TUSK...Heard Braxton Miller Is headed to Tuscaloosa to take a physical what say U....

99jc
05-19-2015, 02:03 PM
nm

Coach34
05-19-2015, 02:07 PM
That would suck

99jc
05-19-2015, 02:09 PM
This came straight from Bama athletic Dept...And Yes it Does!

99jc
05-19-2015, 02:10 PM
James Andrews has to tell them he is good to go and its a done deal.

smootness
05-19-2015, 02:13 PM
Eh. This makes them better, but I don't think it drastically changes anything. He doesn't fit what they want to do on offense.

Great runner, mediocre passer. I don't think he'll be any better in that offense than Sims was.

Dawg496
05-19-2015, 02:14 PM
He's going to be eligible this fall? How is that legal?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-19-2015, 02:16 PM
I'll believe it when I see him run out on Bryant-Denny Stadium with an Alabama jersey on. If he was set on transferring why not transfer in January when he could've had all spring to learn the offense & let his new school doctor's monitor his shoulder & progress. Furthermore if he was going to transfer to Alabama it would've made that much more sense to transfer in January so he could see Dr. Andrews on a daily basis if need be. Consider me skeptical on the whole matter because it made no sense to stay at Ohio St. this semester for virtually no reason if he was going to transfer. Why wait another 6 months?

RIdog
05-19-2015, 02:17 PM

He graduated .

Dawg496
05-19-2015, 02:17 PM
I'll believe it when I see him run out on Bryant-Denny Stadium with an Alabama jersey on. If he was set on transferring why not transfer in January when he could've had all spring to learn the offense & let his new school doctor's monitor his shoulder & progress. Furthermore if he was going to transfer to Alabama it would've made that much more sense to transfer in January so he could see Dr. Andrews on a daily basis if need be. Consider me skeptical on the whole matter because it made no sense to stay at Ohio St. this semester for virtually no reason if he was going to transfer. Why wait another 6 months?

Maybe its an NCAA thing where he had to graduate to be immediately eligible this fall?

RIdog
05-19-2015, 02:18 PM

He had to get his degree to be eligible this year .

Ifyouonlyknew
05-19-2015, 02:22 PM
He had to get his degree to be eligible this year .

He graduated in December.

Coach34
05-19-2015, 02:26 PM
He graduated in December.

Could have planned on staying and competing for the QB job- but no guarantee of starting. Saw Bammer's Spring Game. Bammer's "network" makes it worth his while? Saban sends word he'll get the QB job?

Lots of things could have happened. I just hope it isnt true.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-19-2015, 02:33 PM
Could have planned on staying and competing for the QB job- but no guarantee of starting. Saw Bammer's Spring Game. Bammer's "network" makes it worth his while? Saban sends word he'll get the QB job?

Lots of things could have happened. I just hope it isnt true.

He knew he would be out for spring because he hadn't been cleared for football drills. He still hasn't been cleared. Again never say never but I'll believe it when I see it.

starkvegasdawg
05-19-2015, 02:37 PM

Because you're in Ala-17ing-bama.

http://earnthis.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/MyCousinVinny.jpg

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2015, 03:49 PM
I mean, this article was just published yesterday: http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/05/18/braxton-miller-ohio-state-transfer-gene-smith-buckeyes?xid=si_social

Jack Lambert
05-19-2015, 03:51 PM
He graduated .

He sat out last year due to injury. I guess that counts as sitting out. I am beginning to think some schools in the SEC can't develop QB's.

Jack Lambert
05-19-2015, 03:52 PM
I mean, this article was just published yesterday: http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/05/18/braxton-miller-ohio-state-transfer-gene-smith-buckeyes?xid=si_social

Must be some fire with the smoke if they are comming out speaking on the subject.

archdog
05-19-2015, 09:35 PM
He sat out last year due to injury. I guess that counts as sitting out. I am beginning to think some schools in the SEC can't develop QB's.

I am sure Saban has a tough time getting players to produce at a high level when he has to deal with 3 5* guys coming out of high school every year to choose from. Bama is a bunch of dbags. Sorry Tusk.

THE Bruce Dickinson
05-19-2015, 09:41 PM
Wouldn't OSU have to agree to release him to Alabama?

I mean why would they do this? I understand if he went somewhere smaller, but surely they wouldn't give a weapon to another national championship contender right ?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-19-2015, 09:42 PM
Wouldn't OSU have to agree to release him to Alabama?

I mean why would they do this? I understand if he went somewhere smaller, but surely they wouldn't give a weapon to another national championship contender right ?

He's graduated he'd be free to go wherever he chose.

SDDawg
05-19-2015, 10:39 PM
Braxton is soft, bring it BAMMERS...

TUSK
05-20-2015, 12:59 AM
Eh. This makes them better, but I don't think it drastically changes anything. He doesn't fit what they want to do on offense.

Great runner, mediocre passer. I don't think he'll be any better in that offense than Sims was.

ell

oh

ell

TUSK
05-20-2015, 01:02 AM
I am sure Saban has a tough time getting players to produce at a high level when he has to deal with 3 5* guys coming out of high school every year to choose from. Bama is a bunch of dbags. Sorry Tusk.

so, one is a dbag if he decides to play at bammer, or most bammer fans are dbags?

i'm uncertain as to what you mean....

TUSK
05-20-2015, 01:04 AM
what I heard was that Trey Depriest and Miller are buddies.... and that Miller has been in the area a lot lately to get Doc James to fix his knee...

i think it's cooincidental... although, i'd take the cat in a heartbeat

Dawgface
05-20-2015, 06:08 AM
so, one is a dbag if he decides to play at bammer, or most bammer fans are dbags?

i'm uncertain as to what you mean....

Not sure about the players, but the fans.............

Dawgbite
05-20-2015, 08:05 AM
So why is Bama even on Ole Miss's QB transfer merry go round? Have they missed on some recruits? Do the best QB's not want to be game managers and are choosing the flashy spread programs? I just don't understand why Bama doesn't have better QB's than 90% of the rest of the NCAA sitting on the bench waiting on their turn.

FWIW, I have attended games at both places and I'll take a Tusk over an OP4 any day of the week.

HSVDawg
05-20-2015, 09:03 AM
Can someone explain how this doesn't fall under the Masoli rule? Isn't this pretty much the exact same situation that guys like Masoli and Brandon Maye took advantage of to keep from sitting out? I know the SEC passed a rule after Maye got here that stated players had to have at least two years of eligibility remaining to transfer into any SEC school without sitting.

ETA: Sorry, I missed that the SEC lifted this rule last year. Can't have anything get in the way of a potential natty run by one of the traditional powers in the SEC. Of course as soon as State, Ole Miss, or Kentucky takes advantage of this it will all the sudden be banned again.

jumbo
05-20-2015, 09:19 AM
Can someone explain how this doesn't fall under the Masoli rule? Isn't this pretty much the exact same situation that guys like Masoli and Brandon Maye took advantage of to keep from sitting out? I know the SEC passed a rule after Maye got here that stated players had to have at least two years of eligibility remaining to transfer into any SEC school without sitting.

ETA: Sorry, I missed that the SEC lifted this rule last year. Can't have anything get in the way of a potential natty run by one of the traditional powers in the SEC. Of course as soon as State, Ole Miss, or Kentucky takes advantage of this it will all the sudden be banned again.

they amended the rule to allow grad transfers with certain requirements to meet. such as no history of suspension/discipline and that's why Golson can't come but Miller can, if he chooses

Pollodawg
05-20-2015, 10:09 AM
Miller would make them instantly better. However, at long last that friggen freak WR they had graduated, so I am still relieved about that.

HSVDawg
05-20-2015, 10:24 AM
Miller would make them instantly better. However, at long last that friggen freak WR they had graduated, so I am still relieved about that.

He didn't graduate. He was just too good to stay for 4 years.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-20-2015, 10:25 AM

He would make them instantly better if they re-tool their entire offense to a full spread read option offense. Passing has never Miller's strength but he's 1 of the most dynamic runners at QB the last 5-10 years in college football.

thf24
05-20-2015, 10:48 AM
If they kept their offense the same as last year, I don't think he'd even be as effective as late-season Sims was. He'd no doubt make a lot of plays scrambling though.

Pollodawg
05-20-2015, 11:25 AM
He would make them instantly better if they re-tool their entire offense to a full spread read option offense. Passing has never Miller's strength but he's 1 of the most dynamic runners at QB the last 5-10 years in college football.

I didn't think about that, but you're right as usual. I don't see Saban letting Kiffin do that.

Pollodawg
05-20-2015, 11:25 AM
He didn't graduate. He was just too good to stay for 4 years.

At any rate, he's gone finally. :D