PDA

View Full Version : RebelsBearsSharks LOSE

notsofarawaydawg
05-19-2015, 12:57 PM
Alabama upsets Ole Miss (http://www.secsports.com/article/12913173)

Bully13
05-19-2015, 12:59 PM
Seriously?

bgover4
05-19-2015, 01:06 PM
At least we have the schadenfreude (link) (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/schadenfreude) to bring us a smile. Any chance this keeps TSUN out of regionals?

Martianlander
05-19-2015, 01:14 PM
At least we have the schadenfreude (link) (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/schadenfreude) to bring us a smile. Any chance this keeps TSUN out of regionals?

+1 for even knowing that word

bgover4
05-19-2015, 01:20 PM

It's the only reason i check on anything related to those 17ers.

TheRef
05-19-2015, 01:27 PM

Nope....D1 has them as a lock

starkvegasdawg
05-19-2015, 01:34 PM

I know it now thanks to google. Still can't pronounce it but I know what it means.

starkvegasdawg
05-19-2015, 01:35 PM
Nope....D1 has them as a lock

Bears think they'll end up in either the FSU or Louisville regional.
I have no clue as to whether or not that would be a good draw or bad. I don't know squat about either of those teams.

RougeDawg
05-19-2015, 01:45 PM
Bears think they'll end up in either the FSU or Louisville regional.
I have no clue as to whether or not that would be a good draw or bad. I don't know squat about either of those teams.

Louisville will rake those ascot wearing asshats over the coals all weekend.

bgover4
05-19-2015, 01:53 PM
Sounds like a forcast for more schadenfreude :cool:

TheRef
05-19-2015, 01:58 PM
Sounds like a forcast for more schadenfreude :cool:

Did someone say forecast?

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/HangmenHeaven/Response%20Face/Hansen_blank_background.jpg

BeardoMSU
05-19-2015, 02:03 PM
Alabama upsets Ole Miss (http://www.secsports.com/article/12913173)

And they'll go to a regional next week while our shit-show of a team sits their asses at home.

BeastMan
05-19-2015, 02:04 PM
Was best case scenario for them. Their pitching needs rest

BeardoMSU
05-19-2015, 02:05 PM
Was best case scenario for them. Their pitching needs rest

Yup. They are a dangerous team, especially if they make it through the regional to a super.

BeastMan
05-19-2015, 02:21 PM
Yup. They are a dangerous team, especially if they make it through the regional to a super.

Their hitting always makes them a threat. Their deal has been only having 2 true starting pitchers. Going deep in the SEC and tiring all their own would have been the doomsday scenario even if they won the tourney. Now the pitchers get much needed rest going into a regional.

Saltydog
05-19-2015, 02:24 PM
nt

MadDawg
05-19-2015, 03:58 PM
Their hitting always makes them a threat. Their deal has been only having 2 true starting pitchers. Going deep in the SEC and tiring all their own would have been the doomsday scenario even if they won the tourney. Now the pitchers get much needed rest going into a regional.

Best case scenario now is for them to lose the next two also. You know, to rest their pitchers and stuff.

Jack Lambert
05-19-2015, 04:02 PM
And they'll go to a regional next week while our shit-show of a team sits their asses at home.

But on the bright side we don't have to worry. We can relax and watch.

BeastMan
05-19-2015, 04:17 PM
Best case scenario now is for them to lose the next two also. You know, to rest their pitchers and stuff.

http://media0.giphy.com/media/GCLlQnV7wzKLu/giphy.gif

ScottH
05-19-2015, 05:31 PM
But on the bright side we don't have to worry. We can relax and watch.

I'm now free to skip the selection show Monday.

Damn this is inexcusable.

Todd4State
05-19-2015, 06:03 PM

You want to know what's funny? We actually hit better than Ole Miss did this year.

Todd4State
05-19-2015, 06:03 PM
nt

Yeah- against Louisville's midweek guys.

BeardoMSU
05-19-2015, 06:10 PM
Yeah- against Louisville's midweek guys.

Is it that hard for you to admit they are simply better than us this year?

Todd4State
05-19-2015, 06:24 PM
Is it that hard for you to admit they are simply better than us this year?

Never said that they weren't. But it's pretty funny to watch our fans act like a 30-26 team that hit worse than us and has one quality starting pitcher like they are the Yankees.

CadaverDawg
05-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Never said that they weren't. But it's pretty funny to watch our fans act like a 30-26 team that hit worse than us and has one quality starting pitcher like they are the Yankees.

It's also funny to watch a team that is supposed to be a good program make a 30-26 team look like the New York Yankees.

RougeDawg
05-19-2015, 06:35 PM
nt

Louisville had a 11-6 record after the two games against the Bearsharts. Then finished the regular season on a 31-8 run, 25-5 in conference. It's safe to say their first quarter of the season was far different from the remainder. They will most likely be a national seed.

BeardoMSU
05-19-2015, 06:41 PM

Yeah, their batting avg may be lower, but I'd trade our "hitting" for theirs any day.

BeardoMSU
05-19-2015, 06:42 PM
It's also funny to watch a team that is supposed to be a good program make a 30-26 team look like the New York Yankees.

Indeed. They made us look like clowns.

I seen it dawg
05-19-2015, 06:54 PM
Their plugs and nobody's were wayyyyyyyyyy better than us this year.

Todd4State
05-19-2015, 07:01 PM
Yeah, their batting avg may be lower, but I'd trade our "hitting" for theirs any day.

Well, then you wouldn't be very smart from a baseball standpoint.

Todd4State
05-19-2015, 07:02 PM

Not really. I'd be pissed- which I am.

BeardoMSU
05-19-2015, 07:03 PM

Hmm, yeah ok, Todd. Now you're just being obtuse.

BeardoMSU
05-19-2015, 07:08 PM

So....does "battle average" that take into account situational hitting, power hitting, extra base hits, runs scored from 2nd and 3rd, etc.?

I'd be willing to bet our avg may be a bit bloated by all the 2 out singles we hit this year, despite them not scoring any runs.

Todd4State
05-19-2015, 07:24 PM
So....does "battle average" that take into account situational hitting, power hitting, extra base hits, runs scored from 2nd and 3rd, etc.?

I'd be willing to bet our avg may be a bit bloated by all the 2 out singles we hit this year, despite them not scoring any runs.

Ole Miss scored 295 runs this year. We scored 285 runs. We hit two points better than they did. They finished 11th in the SEC in slugging percentage. We finished 14th. They had 135 extra base hits. We had 117 extra base hits. No, batting average doe not take into account situational hitting or power hitting -but even when you nitpick it- they weren't all that much better than us in terms of hitting. Certainly not enough to warrant envy over their offense.

What you are doing would be like Ole Miss going 6-6 in football and going to Birmingham with an offense that is statistically about the same as ours and us going 5-7 and losing the Egg Bowl and acting like Ole Miss is some jaugernaught on offense.

The biggest difference between us and Ole Miss right now- they have a closer that they can count on.

BiscuitEater
05-19-2015, 07:52 PM

Beard .. Last year is the lone EXCEPTION to the bears history under Bianco. Even when they hosted Supers, they seemed to find a way to lose .. much like our Dogs did this year!

dawgclub99
05-19-2015, 07:54 PM
The biggest difference between us and Ole Miss right now- they have a closer that they can count on.

And two starting pitchers that actually gave them a chance to win, some power, quality set up guys, etc.

War Machine Dawg
05-19-2015, 08:29 PM
Hmm, yeah ok, Todd. Now you're just being obtuse.

Once aGAIN, Todd has gone all in with Cohen. Arguing with him is pointless. Besides, he's the unquestionable MSU baseball expert. Just ask him, he'll tell you.

TUSK
05-19-2015, 08:58 PM
You're welcome...

CohenSidedWithGreatness
05-19-2015, 09:05 PM
I used to enjoy this week. You know, getting to watch our boys during the day while I was sitting at work doing "work." It is very painful knowing the next few weeks of my calendar is sports empty with no hope of any type of run BECAUSE WE COULDN'T EVEN MAKE IT TO HOOVER MUCH LESS THE NCAAS! Damn you John Cohen.

Todd4State
05-19-2015, 09:29 PM
And two starting pitchers that actually gave them a chance to win, some power, quality set up guys, etc.

Laster and Sexton (3.62; 3.77) had ERA's comparable to their top two starting pitchers (3.70; 3.84). And who was their quality set-up guy? The guy that they had to move to the rotation that got knocked around today?

Todd4State
05-19-2015, 09:31 PM
Once aGAIN, Todd has gone all in with Cohen. Arguing with him is pointless. Besides, he's the unquestionable MSU baseball expert. Just ask him, he'll tell you.

Based on the evidence and stats, I'm pretty sure most non-baseball experts would agree with me and the ONLY people that would disagree with me are State fans who think that Ole Miss is something that they are not.

It's hard for me to take anything you say about me seriously ever since you accused me of "blowing" a recruit the SAME day that I was telling people to pump the breaks on him. I'd also appreciate a link where I proclaim myself as a baseball expert.