PDA

View Full Version : Lsu game

msstate7
05-19-2015, 11:28 AM
Does anyone know what type of defense Steele is gonna run? Are they sticking with a 4-3 or going to 3-4?

I wonder how well we'll have grasped diaz's defense by week 2. I've gotta admit I'm worried about LF and their oline nut checking us all night. Jones, nick, and Richie brown have to hold up in the middle

HancockCountyDog
05-19-2015, 11:35 AM
Does anyone know what type of defense Steele is gonna run? Are they sticking with a 4-3 or going to 3-4?

I wonder how well we'll have grasped diaz's defense by week 2. I've gotta admit I'm worried about LF and their oline nut checking us all night. Jones, nick, and Richie brown have to hold up in the middle

By the way, this is the one thing people aren't talking about enough. Steele is a horrible DC. Horrible. My money is on us putting up 30+ and there is no way LSU will be able to score that many on us at home with their QB situation.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2015, 11:41 AM
By the way, this is the one thing people aren't talking about enough. Steele is a horrible DC. Horrible. My money is on us putting up 30+ and there is no way LSU will be able to score that many on us at home with their QB situation.

I agree with this. The key to that game will be us not coming out slow.

What we can't do is allow LSU to trick us on defense, have a few 3 and outs in a row, and go down 10-0 quickly. If we don't come out and screw around, then we should be fine.

What we must avoid in this game is making Fournette running the ball in the 4th quarter matter. I don't like our odds of stopping Fournette in the 4th quarter, so the goal must be to have a big enough lead, that LSU has to throw the ball to stay in the game. If it's close in the 4th & LSU can still run the ball, I could see our defense having trouble getting off the field.

Dawg Corps
05-19-2015, 11:46 AM
the goal must be to have a big enough lead, that LSU has to throw the ball to stay in the game

This.

LC Dawg
05-19-2015, 11:54 AM

I agree. Let's just outscore them and move on. I would like to see our defense be able to sort itself out until the Auburn game and hope they have everything in place by then.

Pollodawg
05-19-2015, 12:05 PM
Already been said, make em throw the ball, and LSU is done......... That said, we win this one better than we did last seaosn in BR.

justwin
05-19-2015, 12:38 PM

I can't recall the last time an MSU defense regardless of DC had problems with a one dimensional running attack like LSU will have. Is Fournette good, sure...but they don't have multiple running style like GT, OM, Aub, etc which has given MSU defense more problems.

I don't worry about our guys being up for this game.

NCDawg
05-19-2015, 12:44 PM
I can't recall the last time an MSU defense regardless of DC had problems with a one dimensional running attack like LSU will have. Is Fournette good, sure...but they don't have multiple running style like GT, OM, Aub, etc which has given MSU defense more problems.

I don't worry about our guys being up for this game.

I worry about us getting up for every game. I thought we would be high as a kite for the Ole Miss game last year, since we were in the national playoff picture, even though it was a slim chance. We came out flat, and played uninspired football.

BeardoMSU
05-19-2015, 12:53 PM
I worry about us getting up for every game. I thought we would be high as a kite for the Ole Miss game last year, since we were in the national playoff picture, even though it was a slim chance. We came out flat, and played uninspired football.

Playing in Oxford always gives us problems, so I wasn't surprised to see the environment get to us.

I expect us to come out on fire vs. LSU, just like we did last year. I'm admittedly worried about our secondary, which even under Diaz, gave up a lot yards between the 20's, even against "marginal" talents. That being said, stopping the run will be key for them. Keeping them to 3rd and longs, stopping the run on 1st down, etc. will determine if we can take a double digit lead into the 4th.

RougeDawg
05-19-2015, 01:52 PM
Playing in Oxford always gives us problems, so I wasn't surprised to see the environment get to us.

I expect us to come out on fire vs. LSU, just like we did last year. I'm admittedly worried about our secondary, which even under Diaz, gave up a lot yards between the 20's, even against "marginal" talents. That being said, stopping the run will be key for them. Keeping them to 3rd and longs, stopping the run on 1st down, etc. will determine if we can take a double digit lead into the 4th.

Allowing the players to go home the couple days before the game and then riding over the day of the game have the most to do with us coming out as flat as pancakes. That should never happen, especially when a potential trip to the playoffs is on the line. No excuse for that shit. Bama calls in Marcus Luttrel to speak before their biggest game of the season. We let our players go home and lose their edges for ours (biggest meaning we still had some chance to make the playoffs if we make that game with or without winning west and SEC. Secondly, Bama still had to play Auburn that evening. We win, they lose, then we win SEC, we are in playoffs. Could have made playoffs as a 11-1 runner up to Bama as well).

Political Hack
05-19-2015, 02:53 PM
I think we beat LSU, but I think it's the last time they get beat until they win the west.

People think we're just going to roll in and stop the #1 RB and #1 WR corps in the SEC just because they couldn't find consistent QB play last year? It's like only MSU can develop talent. People forget what Cam did with Met. He'll do the same with Allen. Lucky for us Miles will jerk them both around until Allen takes over completely, which won't be until after our game.

Remember Florida when Grossman had his emergence? It's going to be very similar.

confucius say
05-19-2015, 03:00 PM
I think we beat LSU, but I think it's the last time they get beat until they win the west.

People think we're just going to roll in and stop the #1 RB and #1 WR corps in the SEC just because they couldn't find consistent QB play last year? It's like only MSU can develop talent. People forget what Cam did with Met. He'll do the same with Allen. Lucky for us Miles will jerk them both around until Allen takes over completely, which won't be until after our game.

Remember Florida when Grossman had his emergence? It's going to be very similar.

Who is Allen?

CadaverDawg
05-19-2015, 03:10 PM
Who is Allen?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Sv5YAVjfJj8/VLhgYRlnHOI/AAAAAAAAB_c/XEFcek4CfbY/s1600/2.png

Guessing he meant Jennings or Harris

Dawg496
05-19-2015, 03:17 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Sv5YAVjfJj8/VLhgYRlnHOI/AAAAAAAAB_c/XEFcek4CfbY/s1600/2.png

Harris I'm sure.. probably thinking Brandon Allen from Arkansas since they share the first name.

confucius say
05-19-2015, 03:20 PM

Post Heidi instead. She can assist with my tool! (see what I did there)

TrapGame
05-19-2015, 03:22 PM
Already been said, make em throw the ball, and LSU is done......... That said, we win this one better than we did last seaosn in BR.

Yep, Mullen will have his foot on the gas all four quarters this time. This could very well be a humiliating game for Les. I don't see their offense keeping up with ours at all.

msstate7
05-19-2015, 03:27 PM
Yep, Mullen will have his foot on the gas all four quarters this time. This could very well be a humiliating game for Les. I don't see their offense keeping up with ours at all.

Remember ark game last year? That's what lsu is gonna try to make this game look like

TrapGame
05-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Remember ark game last year? That's what lsu is gonna try to make this game look like

And we don't have Collins and they have Steele. Steele was a horrible hire (Diaz >>> Steele). This won't be like last season's Arkansas game.

msstate7
05-19-2015, 03:35 PM
And we don't have Collins and they have Steele. Steele was a horrible hire (Diaz >>> Steele). This won't be like last season's Arkansas game.

I hope you're right. I just have a hard time believing we whip them 2 in a row. I think it will be a close game that we win, but I don't see us putting it on em

I seen it dawg
05-19-2015, 04:08 PM
We will gut their ass

Really Clark?
05-19-2015, 04:11 PM
If I remember correctly Steele's defense his first two years at Clemson were both Top 25. It was his last two years that got progressively worse. I would look to that pattern more so than his defense just being horrible from the word go.

NCDawg
05-19-2015, 04:43 PM
We beat them 4 in a row in the early 80's.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2015, 04:57 PM
I think we win this game, but make no mistake: OUR SECONDARY WILL HAVE TO PLAY WELL.

It's true that LSU doesn't have a very good QB, but, what they do have, is potentially the best WR in the conference & it doesn't take great QB play to just chunk it deep.

I expect LSU to simplify against us, run Fournette, & then throw play action bombs over the top. Our secondary will have to play well and force their QB to read the field. It doesn't take great QB to just throw it up to Dupree and tell him to go get it.

msstate7
05-19-2015, 05:01 PM
I think we win this game, but make no mistake: OUR SECONDARY WILL HAVE TO PLAY WELL.

It's true that LSU doesn't have a very good QB, but, what they do have, is potentially the best WR in the conference & it doesn't take great QB play to just chunk it deep.

I expect LSU to simplify against us, run Fournette, & then throw play action bombs over the top. Our secondary will have to play well and force their QB to read the field. It doesn't take great QB to just throw it up to Dupree and tell him to go get it.

Yep. If we have to bring a safety up to stop run, they could be tough for us to stop

BulldogBear
05-19-2015, 05:07 PM
Ugh. This is going to be a loooooooong summer!!