" he's number 1 on my board"
- Mel kiper

starkvegasdawg
05-18-2015, 06:36 PM
6'6" 290lbs. Gonna be a road grader.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-18-2015, 06:38 PM
6'6" 290lbs. Gonna be a road grader.

Kid is a great athlete has tremendous athleticism & feet. He's very raw but he has 1st rd draft pick tools & potential.

Todd4State
05-18-2015, 06:38 PM
I knew that we were more than likely going to get him, but I'm still pumped!

msstate7
05-18-2015, 06:40 PM
John Cohen says thanks for getting our minds off baseball a minute

shoeless joe
05-18-2015, 06:58 PM
Kid has tons of potential and has an opportunity to be very good because of his size and natural skill.

But because I've seen our fan base expect too much too soon I will try to temper expectations.
He didn't practice at all this spring and is having surgery shortly. He's only started 8 high school games in his life. He has battled injury his entire football life. He has a world I potential and I'd rather have him than not but he is somewhat of a project and will need to develop.

msstate7
05-18-2015, 07:01 PM
Kid has tons of potential and has an opportunity to be very good because of his size and natural skill.

But because I've seen our fan base expect too much too soon I will try to temper expectations.
He didn't practice at all this spring and is having surgery shortly. He's only started 8 high school games in his life. He has battled injury his entire football life. He has a world I potential and I'd rather have him than not but he is somewhat of a project and will need to develop.

If there's anything I've learned about Dan Mullen and Hevesy, it's that they know how to develop talent.

shoeless joe
05-18-2015, 07:04 PM
If there's anything I've learned about Dan Mullen and Hevesy, it's that they know how to develop talent.

No doubt. And one way to look at it is that he's as good as he is with such little experience and he could really explode on the seen with some elite level coaching.

He will need to be pushed to maximize his ability. Again I'm not downing the kid I just want to bring in some reality before people over react to his stars. I'm glad he's gonna be a dog and I hope he turns into what he could.

Harrydawg
05-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Look at the offers, it consists of everyone that has seen him.

starkvegasdawg
05-18-2015, 07:25 PM
Look at the offers, it consists of everyone that has seen him.

So when does Yancy tweet out he really didn't have a commitable offer from the bears?

BiscuitEater
05-18-2015, 07:35 PM
Per Rosebowl

Angst wrt the baseball program, this is really good news.

Hopefully, there will NOT be 25+ new threads on Cohen & how the bb program is now a 'dumpster fire.'

I seen it dawg
05-18-2015, 07:39 PM
Redshirt him and get him lean and healthy. Having a year to grow into an adult will be huge for him. Exciting get.

drummerdawg
05-18-2015, 07:45 PM
6'6" 290lbs. Gonna be a road grader. that's a big 16 year old

Coach34
05-18-2015, 07:54 PM
This was always a "when"- not "if"

Gonna be a great one...unless he is unlucky and has injury problems- he's an NFL player

MadisonDawg
05-18-2015, 08:36 PM
Now they're saying he has de committed

HancockCountyDog
05-18-2015, 08:39 PM
Now they're saying he has de committed

Somehow , someway this is rosebowl's fault.

Just kidding, kind of.

Eric Nies Grind Time
05-18-2015, 08:44 PM
Did rose bowl do the thing where he jumps the gun and ruins the kids chance to announce when he wants? What is that the 50th time?

civildawg
05-18-2015, 08:47 PM
Lol wtf is going on? How do you commit and then de commit 10 minutes later

ShotgunDawg
05-18-2015, 08:48 PM
Did rose bowl do the thing where he jumps the gun and ruins the kids chance to announce when he wants? What is that the 50th time?

No, Rosebowl did nothing.

In fact, I'll say this: for as much as people make fun of Rosebowl, I actually think that his work has been pretty damn good since he moved to Starkville. I understand that for some, he'll always be black balled, but he's actually done some pretty good things since moving. His Boneyard podcast on BSR are outstanding

Coach34
05-18-2015, 08:48 PM
aGAIN- this is an "when"- not "if"

Todd4State
05-18-2015, 09:18 PM
No, Rosebowl did nothing.

In fact, I'll say this: for as much as people make fun of Rosebowl, I actually think that his work has been pretty damn good since he moved to Starkville. I understand that for some, he'll always be black balled, but he's actually done some pretty good things since moving. His Boneyard podcast on BSR are outstanding

No doubt him being in Baton Rouge was a huge disadvantage for him as far as covering recruiting. That would be like LSU having a recruiting guy based out of Starkville.

He's fine with me as long as he doesn't make a mess of things for us by being an idiot- like he almost did with Brandon Bryant because "he liked" JT Gray better and apparently didn't think we had room for both over a visit with USM of all people. I didn't care for how he handled Kentavious Thomas last year- I thought it was unprofessional how he pretty much said that he wouldn't be in the class and was wrong about Thomas having bad grades- and then Kentavious made the honor roll. It was pretty obvious he liked Alec Murphy better- which is fine to have an opinion, but it's not his place to insinuate things like that about a kid.

The worst thing he does is he'll do something like the Brandon Bryant thing- and then act like he was somehow right the whole time. I don't think he has ever made a mistake in his life.

That said, I think he has gotten better about not being a moron.