PDA

View Full Version : Yet another "They lost all their talent" article about our 2015 Season....

RougeDawg
05-18-2015, 01:33 PM
Where do these clowns get their info from, the comics section?http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/25185766/friday-five-second-opinions-on-the-post-spring-top-25

Jack Lambert
05-18-2015, 01:36 PM
We actually (if you go by recruiting stars) have more talent now than we did last season.

RougeDawg
05-18-2015, 01:39 PM
We actually (if you go by recruiting stars) have more talent now than we did last season.

Exactly. But this clown talks about us losing all of those stars on paper from last year. Guess he means all those 3 star guys who we turned into NFL signees. These people collect a pay check to spew such nonsense.

Coach34
05-18-2015, 01:48 PM
September 12th will be here eventually

smootness
05-18-2015, 01:52 PM
Obviously anyone who considers Jamerson Love to be a big loss for us is stupid, but we have to just accept that this will be the consensus going into the season.

We were perpetually picked at the bottom of the West during our late 90s run and constantly proved everyone wrong only to have to so it again the following year, and this is no different. This is actually a good thing for us. We'll be fine.

FlabLoser
05-18-2015, 03:21 PM
We lost all that talent which 12 months ago they said couldn't play anyway. We'll manage.

missouridawg
05-18-2015, 03:27 PM
Technically, we had like 11 guys sign NFL contracts. While we did a good job of developing the younger guys, we did lose a lot of quality reps on the two deep.

Coach34
05-18-2015, 04:28 PM
Technically, we had like 11 guys sign NFL contracts. While we did a good job of developing the younger guys, we did lose a lot of quality reps on the two deep.

But thats the whole point.

Just 1 short year the mantra was that Mullen hadnt recruited well enough and we didnt have the talent to compete for the West- which was proved false

Now, the mantra is that we lost too much talent to compete for the West in 2015. Since Mullen proved them wrong and developed the lower rated talent to challenge for the West- why will he be unable to develop higher rated talent and challenge for the West- while he has the best QB in the SEC?

TUSK
05-18-2015, 10:00 PM
Where do these clowns get their info from, the comics section?http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/25185766/friday-five-second-opinions-on-the-post-spring-top-25

that's dumb... Smith & McKinney were legit... other than that, the draft didn't really clip yall too badly...

I don't see a significant change in talent...

ShotgunDawg
05-18-2015, 10:16 PM
that's dumb... Smith & McKinney were legit... other than that, the draft didn't really clip yall too badly...

I don't see a significant change in talent...

Agree

Actually, if you look at recruiting rankings, we are replacing the players that we lost with players that have more stars beside their name. However, since the players with less stars became NFL caliber players, you'll have to draw your own conclusions.

In many ways, I understand why we are a tough team to evaluate, due to the general analyst really not having much clue what we have, but the part that doesn't make much sense is that any team that returns one of the best QBs in the country, who has ALL of his primary receiving targets back, should be considered a major threat to win at a high level.

justwin
05-19-2015, 12:24 AM
[QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;371750]
In many ways, I understand why we are a tough team to evaluate, due to the general analyst really not having much clue what we have QUOTE]

What I don't hear any general analyst pointing to is our DL as the major question mark. It's really that simple.. if they would attempt to do any type of analysis. Our DL plays good, we win 9+. they don't, 7 wins. I guess from the Nat'l perspective, we have a first time full time starter in DE, Ryan Brown; a rs jr who plays with a motor in AJ, an oversized and maturing Nick James who no one can figure, and a hyped Chris Jones who came into his 2nd year overweight and unperformed.

The 2015 season is largely dependent on Chris Jones' performance. His play can swing 2-3 games for us this year.

Bothrops
05-19-2015, 02:55 AM
We lose experience, not talent. Sports writers used to know these things.

Coach34
05-19-2015, 05:56 AM
We lose experience, not talent. Sports writers used to know these things.

THIS THIS THIS THIS

Now- why am I not worried about a drop in experience? Because everybody we put on the field as a starter for our 1st series will be at least a 3rd year college football player. We arent putting green guys out there as starters.

dawgoneyall
05-19-2015, 06:48 AM
1b's

Dawgface
05-19-2015, 07:05 AM
We're going to have to have 9+ seasons several years in a row before they start taking us seriously. It is what it is.............

cowbellerheller
05-19-2015, 07:26 AM
We're going to have to have 9+ seasons several years in a row before they start taking us seriously. It is what it is.............

This is exactly right. It will take 3 years of consistent winning.

Howboutdemdogs
05-19-2015, 08:02 AM
When it comes to the defense, I believe that the obvious is being missed. Bothrops said it best, so no worries there. I truely believe that the D is better just with the coaching change. Diaz is so much of an improvement as a coach than what we had last year. I never bought into the Psyco Defense idea. I was never convinced that we played to our ultimate potential. Diaz should get that out of our players and then some. This is the hidden gem for us.

Coach34
05-19-2015, 08:12 AM
DLine

We lose 2nd round pick Preston Smith- insert AJ Jefferson. AJ plays the run better than Preston. AJ does not rush the passer like Preston- that's what to watch for there this Fall

Nick James replaces PJ Jones- Nick James is more talented and is finally in shape. If he stays in shape until August- watch the **** out. He's hard to handle.

Chris Jones replaces Eulls- Jones is a 1st round talent. If he has finally accepted that he has grown out of DE and works to be the best DT he can be- he will be a top 15 draft pick.

Brown returns as a starter. His play this season will decide what round he is drafted in.

Yes we lose "starters" on the DL- but are more talented overall. If the talent comes out- watch the **** out. Our front will be very good. Will it? That's why we play the games.

HancockCountyDog
05-19-2015, 08:23 AM
Justwin has the best statement in this thread and I think it is accurate.

Chris Jones playing up to his potential can swing 2-3 games for us this season. He is the most disruptive DL we have. He has proven that he can be disruptive against SEC competition. The other DL haven't shown that ability in my opinion.

If Chris can have a Fletcher Cox type Junior season, we will win 10 games, minimum. If he doesn't, we could be looking at 8 wins.

With LSU, Bama at home, and then at Arkansas, at A&M, at AU and at Mizzou, we can't afford to have our most talented defensive player not play up to his potential.

Luckily, there is one wild card and that is Dak. He could makeup for any deficiencies on defense.

BiscuitEater
05-19-2015, 10:07 AM
Where do these clowns get their info from

I did like the photos of Dak & Dan and I saved them to my photos.

Just noticed that the photo of Dan saved as .. Dan-Mullen-Michigan-Coaching-Job-Comment.jpg

Had to laugh

Tbonewannabe
05-19-2015, 11:34 AM
DLine

We lose 2nd round pick Preston Smith- insert AJ Jefferson. AJ plays the run better than Preston. AJ does not rush the passer like Preston- that's what to watch for there this Fall

Nick James replaces PJ Jones- Nick James is more talented and is finally in shape. If he stays in shape until August- watch the **** out. He's hard to handle.

Chris Jones replaces Eulls- Jones is a 1st round talent. If he has finally accepted that he has grown out of DE and works to be the best DT he can be- he will be a top 15 draft pick.

Brown returns as a starter. His play this season will decide what round he is drafted in.

Yes we lose "starters" on the DL- but are more talented overall. If the talent comes out- watch the **** out. Our front will be very good. Will it? That's why we play the games.

Biggest change is going to be Manny Diaz. I think Collins was just mediocre for what he had to work with.

BulldogBear
05-19-2015, 01:18 PM
September 12th will be here eventually

Even after last year, it feels wierd to me that STILL no one will likely take us seriously until October. IF we beat LSU, they'll just be "down." ....Well, they'll have QB situation, etc.