PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, Completely Off Sports - Need A Toyota Service Recommendation

BLC
05-18-2015, 11:40 AM
Gentlemen, sorry for asking on a sports forum, but I need a recommendation for a Toyota service shop in Starkville. My son is a student and we are not from the area. The Toyota dealership in Columbus gave him a quote on some work and it's double what my guy says it should be. If anyone knows of a good independent shop in Starkville, please let me know. Thank you very much. Now back to your previously scheduled program ...

vv83
05-18-2015, 01:47 PM
I used to use City Alignment for my Tacoma here in stark but last year I took it in to look at a noise the engine was making and they said nothing was wrong. Took it to gateway tires and turns out a lot was wrong. Ended up finally taking it to Toyota dealership in columbus and cost about 3k in all repairs but the guy said it should run with no problems for another 100 thousand miles besides standard maintenance. So yeah I just use dealership now. I don't know if their prices are high but they do good work

Irondawg
05-18-2015, 01:59 PM
if anybody wants to offer up one in Jackson as well I'm interested. Wasn't that impressed with the Herrin-Gear shop last time I took it there.

bobcat91
05-18-2015, 04:01 PM
if anybody wants to offer up one in Jackson as well I'm interested. Wasn't that impressed with the HerrinGear shop last time I took it there.

I really like J & J Imports in Morton, Mr. Bobby Jenkins worked at the Jackson dealerships for years before opening his own place. He works on Hondas, Toyota's, Nissan's and Subaru's. Nice guy and feasonable. Shop is open M-Th so call and set up a time. 601-732-6272. I don't use the Jackson dealerships unless its an emergency.

RossDawg82
05-18-2015, 04:16 PM
What's wrong with the car/truck?

starkvegasdawg
05-18-2015, 04:38 PM
William Wells in Clayton Village.

Treemydawg
05-18-2015, 07:01 PM
Coles auto repair behind napa auto parts on highway 12. Ive used him several times and he has always done a great job at a great price.

BLC
05-19-2015, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Much appreciated.