PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical

msstate7
05-17-2015, 03:12 PM
I don't think there's any way this happens, but...

If we go 2-10 in football this year and finish dead last in the sec, would Mullen survive?

Just wondering how much goodwill an orange bowl bought him. Personally I think the OB at state is much more impressive than national runner up in baseball

bluelightstar
05-17-2015, 03:16 PM
Almost certainly, but finishing 2-10 would mean that we lost to 2 of USM, Troy, and LA Tech, which would certainly be cause to sound an alarm.

Smitty
05-17-2015, 03:19 PM
If he goes to the Liberty Bowl this year and 2-10 NEXT year he would be let go

Bullsy
05-17-2015, 03:32 PM
This is slightly off your topic; but, Mullen has stocked the cupboard pretty damn good compared to what Cohen has left himself.

Football's worst record is likely 6-6 this year (best is 10-2 probably). On the other hand, none of us have a damn clue what is gonna happen with baseball next year. A .500 SEC record is probably best case next year in baseball

Quaoarsking
05-17-2015, 03:57 PM

Regardless of whether he should be in this situation, he absolutely (close to 100% chance) would be back in 2017 if this happens, unless there's off-the-field stuff going on.

Fortunately, there's an even higher % chance that this doesn't happen, so no worries either way.

Also, I feel the need to point out that the Liberty Bowl's not a shit bowl anymore. We could go 9-3 and play a 9-3 Big 12 team there, for example.

Coach34
05-17-2015, 03:58 PM

No ****ing way Mullen would lose him job over 1 losing season

Todd4State
05-17-2015, 04:39 PM
No ****ing way Mullen would lose him job over 1 losing season

THIS. The only conceivable way that it would ever happen would be for Dan to have a losing season AND something like the Renardo Sidney incident happen off the field that embarrasses the entire university in the process.

Also- why do MSU fans come up with awful scenarios about what it would take for the coach to be fired?

msstate7
05-17-2015, 04:59 PM
delete

Martianlander
05-17-2015, 05:13 PM
A lot more likely to go 10-2, or 11-1, or even 12-0 than 2-10 IMO.

msstate7
05-17-2015, 05:14 PM
A lot more likely to go 10-2, or 11-1, or even 12-0 than 2-10 IMO.

I think we'll be anywhere from 7-5 to 10-2

99jc
05-17-2015, 05:21 PM
next year....what a dumbass post!

msstate7
05-17-2015, 05:24 PM
next year....what a dumbass post!

My post made you so mad that you crossed a line like that? You need to sit down somewhere. Oh and **** you

RossDawg82
05-17-2015, 07:40 PM
THIS. The only conceivable way that it would ever happen would be for Dan to have a losing season AND something like the Renardo Sidney incident happen off the field that embarrasses the entire university in the process.

Also- why do MSU fans come up with awful scenarios about what it would take for the coach to be fired?

Like banging stricklands wife at half time while losing to OM by 42???

TUSK
05-17-2015, 10:12 PM

If we go 2-10 in football this year and finish dead last in the sec, would Mullen survive?

Just wondering how much goodwill an orange bowl bought him. Personally I think the OB at state is much more impressive than national runner up in baseball

Your hypothetical is a non starter...

you cats get 4 non conference teams at home (USM, NWN St, Troy & LA Tech) plus Kentucky.... that's 5 "lock" wins....

if yall "shit the bed" and go 5-7, Mullins is still super safe...

yall will likely exceed that....

msstate7
05-17-2015, 10:16 PM

you cats get 4 non conference teams at home (USM, NWN St, Troy & LA Tech) plus Kentucky.... that's 5 "lock" wins....

Yeah it was a hypothetical and not a good one. With our 4 OOC games, Kentucky, and bama, there's no way we don't get 6 wins :)

Todd4State
05-17-2015, 10:25 PM

We play USM on the road- I expect there to be a ton of State fans there though. Probably will be a 50/50 split at least- and if it was a majority MSU it wouldn't shock me at all. The only scary thing about that game is it will be USM's super bowl- and they return a lot of players. We NEED to come out focused and ready or it will end up like the Troy game a few years ago.

Louisiana Tech is not a bad team and they have given us trouble before. In fact, I have seen us beat every SEC team before I ever saw us beat La Tech as a fan. And even then it took overtime.

TUSK
05-17-2015, 10:28 PM
Yeah it was a hypothetical and not a good one. With our 4 OOC games, Kentucky, and bama, there's no way we don't get 6 wins :)

oh, snap... yall play USM at the Rock.... even with a fluke clipping of Bammer, it still might be a close call*

By the by, why the **** do yall still play OOC games on the road?

TUSK
05-17-2015, 10:31 PM
Regardless of whether he should be in this situation, he absolutely (close to 100% chance) would be back in 2017 if this happens, unless there's off-the-field stuff going on.

Fortunately, there's an even higher % chance that this doesn't happen, so no worries either way.

Also, I feel the need to point out that the Liberty Bowl's not a shit bowl anymore. We could go 9-3 and play a 9-3 Big 12 team there, for example.

I miss the years when a "shit bowl" had a couple 9-3 teams in it...

msstate7
05-17-2015, 10:32 PM
By the by, why the **** do yall still play OOC games on the road?

Boost our rpi*

Alldawg
05-18-2015, 07:20 AM

I believe this thread confirmed who we all thought ifyouonlyknew really is. He stays away from threads talking about himself.

msstate7
05-18-2015, 07:26 AM
I believe this thread confirmed who we all thought ifyouonlyknew really is. He stays away from threads talking about himself.

Yeah, he's probably mad at me for even suggesting he could fail this bad. Sorry, coach. I know you'll have us bowling again this year haha