PDA

View Full Version : The 2015 Season recap

MsStateBaseball
05-16-2015, 09:41 PM
You have to read my blog. I just spent two hours writing 9 pages.

1) Yes, I did say we would hit 50 HR's. So I got it wrong, buy me a beer. Why not 50? Injuries to Collins and Smith, cold cold weather, batters absolutely pressing once we started The Slide, Cohen's inability to let them hit, lack of talent.

2) I don't comment on football like most of you boneheads. Baseball is the greatest sport and I know a lot about it. If you don't like it, don't follow me on twitter.

3) I'm just getting started talking about baseball. Lots to talk about over the next several months. Who will transfer, who is coming back, will Cohen change his staff, the MLB draft and its implications, how are the players doing in summer ball, how are the minor leaguers doing, when will Renfroe and Lindgren get called up, what recruits will be committing, etc.

4) Obvious, we just went through a water shed year. Lots of changes ahead. New stadium, new players, maybe new coaches.

Read my blog and enjoy.

Saltydog
05-17-2015, 10:17 AM
healthy the WHOLE year he might've had one, maybe two..........

MsStateBaseball
05-17-2015, 11:13 AM
I'm saying he would have helped the offense, his speed, he can really hit it good, would have helped a bunch early on.

TopDog58
05-17-2015, 11:44 AM
Even if Humphries and Collins have that magical third year and both hit double digit hrs next season we still won't sniff 50 as a team. That is just a pipe dream

scottycameron
05-17-2015, 02:13 PM
nobody on the team or coaching staff had as big of a swing and miss as you did with your preseason analysis. You had to have set some kind of bloggy record. Rosebowl was probably impressed.

War Machine Dawg
05-17-2015, 02:31 PM
Even if Humphries and Collins have that magical third year and both hit double digit hrs next season we still won't sniff 50 as a team. That is just a pipe dream

nobody on the team or coaching staff had as big of a swing and miss as you did with your preseason analysis. You had to have set kind of bloggy record. Rosebowl was probably impressed.

MsStateBaseball has lost a ton of credibility this year. Kinda sad considering how much he clearly loves MSU baseball. The problem is that he's an "MSU baseball" fan who probably doesn't watch baseball in general and doesn't understand why we aren't very good. He sees our hitters murdering our pitchers in the fall and figures we're going to mash. But he doesn't understand that our pitchers aren't up to par compared to the other SEC pitching staffs and our lineup is full of #2 hitters with no pop. Hell, he probably thought Wes Rea would morph into a 15 HR monster this season despite never poking out more than 5 his first 3 years. Thus, you get a 50 HR prediction.

MsStateBaseball
05-17-2015, 03:05 PM
I think no one predicted this bad a year. I predicted normal year, 35 wins at the end, SECT and regional. I haven't lost any credibility.