PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to be Scott Stricklin?

War Machine Dawg
05-16-2015, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't. He's got one hell of a tough decision to make, no matter which direction he chooses to go. You've got a coach who has the best and worst season in school history on his resume. The rest of his body of work doesn't exactly scream "Keep me!" either with a sub-.500 conference record. You've got rumors running rampant and you're trying to raise money for a much needed new stadium. I'd imagine he's going to have a few sleepless nights over the next week or so. And I can't imagine any discussion with Cohen being a pleasant experience, regardless of what Strick has to say.

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 05:06 PM
To me it ain't hard. Get an assessment of why it happened and tell the bastard he has this next season to clean the shit up or he will be fired before the team finishes shaking hands the last game of the year. Easy.

And if he doesn't like that then clean your ****ing office out and let's find a new coach.

msstate7
05-16-2015, 05:09 PM
Before SS does anything, call Adidas and see if they have us a baseball coach lined up*

preachermatt83
05-16-2015, 05:25 PM
To me it ain't hard. Get an assessment of why it happened and tell the bastard he has this next season to clean the shit up or he will be fired before the team finishes shaking hands the last game of the year. Easy.

And if he doesn't like that then clean your ****ing office out and let's find a new coach.

This^^^. Absolutely what Strick needs to do.

messageboardsuperhero
05-16-2015, 08:06 PM
It's actually a pretty simple decision- Cohen stays and gets next season to clean this up. If we don't show marked improvement next year and at least make the NCAA tourney, then he's gone. Also, drastic steps need to be taken inside the program- including getting a new S&C coach, letting Ming go, bringing in a real hitting coach, and giving that guy control.

Pollodawg
05-16-2015, 10:04 PM

All that needs to be said right here.

Bama_Dawg
05-17-2015, 08:31 AM
If Cohen is worth his salt, Stricklin doesn't have to say anything. When he's called in to the AD's office, Cohen should come with a plan to get back on track. Agree on the points, compromise or start anew.

If he doesn't come with a plan, fire him on the spot.