CottonDog
05-16-2015, 03:50 PM
More post season play too.

msstate7
05-16-2015, 03:52 PM
Finished higher in final standings

Quaoarsking
05-16-2015, 03:52 PM
To be fair, you're comparing Rick Ray's best year to Cohen's second worst.

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 03:53 PM
Lol well this thread is going to be moronic

msstate7
05-16-2015, 03:55 PM
To be fair, you're comparing Rick Ray's best year to Cohen's second worst.

The fact this wasn't his worst year is beyond pathetic. This is Cohen's 3rd year to win less than 9 in sec play. 3 of 7 years, we've won 9 or less and missed the sec tourney.

Quaoarsking
05-16-2015, 03:58 PM
The fact this wasn't his worst year is beyond pathetic. This is Cohen's 3rd year to win less than 9 in sec play. 3 of 7 years, we've won 9 or less and missed the sec tourney.

I know. We all know. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Good thing UCLA, LSU, Oregon State, etc., didn't fire their coaches after 1 year out of a Regional after a string of good years, and it will probably turn out to be a good thing that we don't either.

weblow
05-16-2015, 04:02 PM
I know. We all know. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Good thing UCLA, LSU, Oregon State, etc., didn't fire their coaches after 1 year out of a Regional after a string of good years, and it will probably turn out to be a good thing that we don't either.

I have not said that Cohen should be fired. I think him and Butch should be all that remain from this staff though.

msstate7
05-16-2015, 04:03 PM
I know. We all know.

In 14 years at OM, Bianco hasn't had a losing season, only 2 losing sec seasons and neither were below 13 wins, 12 regionals (assuming this year), and hosted several regionals and some supers (too lazy to look up). In 7 years at state, Cohen has had 3 losing seasons, 4 losing sec seasons with 3 at 9 wins or below, 4 regionals, and hosted 1 regional.

Total sec record...
Bianco 229-191
Cohen 87-120

Has Bianco missed the sec tourney? Cohen has missed it 3 of 7.

I know most everyone doesn't count Cohen's first 2 years, but this year is making me rethink that. 3 of his 7 years (43%) with 9 sec wins or below is starting to seem like a trend

I want to be one of the nation's premier programs and we're second fiddle in our own state (assuming we're still ahead of usm)

smootness
05-16-2015, 04:15 PM
No, Cohen's first 2 years should never count against him. That's ridiculous.

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 04:19 PM
In 14 years at OM, Bianco hasn't had a losing season, only 2 losing sec seasons and neither were below 13 wins, 12 regionals (assuming this year), and hosted several regionals and some supers (too lazy to look up). In 7 years at state, Cohen has had 3 losing seasons, 4 losing sec seasons with 3 at 9 wins or below, 4 regionals, and hosted 1 regional.

Total sec record...
Bianco 229-191
Cohen 87-120

Has Bianco missed the sec tourney? Cohen has missed it 3 of 7.

I know most everyone doesn't count Cohen's first 2 years, but this year is making me rethink that. 3 of his 7 years (43%) with 9 sec wins or below is starting to seem like a trend

I want to be one of the nation's premier programs and we're second fiddle in our own state (assuming we're still ahead of usm)

This is glaring. And not a damn soul better say "well his first 2 years don't count" bull****ingshit why not? He coached the ****** team didn't he? Missing the sec tournament 3/7 is absolute horseshit and shouldn't be tolerated.

msstate7
05-16-2015, 04:21 PM

Ron polk's last year we were 9-21 in sec play. It took Cohen till his 3rd year to get us back in postseason play. If it takes 3 years to turn around a 9 win team, how can we honestly expect to turn this around next season?

BTW OM was 12-17 in sec play before Bianco took over

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 04:22 PM
Wtf I don't get this well you can't count his first 2 years bullshit. ****** ***** ass shit. You ****ers act like we just came off a 5 year death penalty where we were only allowed to get Juco guys at Christmas to field a roster. You sumbitches are just like the pussies in our program now. Put your ****ing clit back in and own the fact we haven't made the tourney 3/7 years and every ****ing year counts. ****ing wahhhh wahhh making excuses bullshit. The games were played and he coached them.

Quaoarsking
The first season can't count against him because when college baseball coaches are hired, the recruiting is already done, so he was coaching a roster entirely put together by Polk. You can't seriously act like Cohen is responsible for the first year being so bad when he had nothing to do with the roster, and you probably won't again in a few days or weeks once you've cooled down.

You can count the second season against him a little bit (especially since it was so godawful, much worse than 2015), but it still was mostly Polk's guys.

smootness
Ron polk's last year we were 9-21 in sec play. It took Cohen till his 3rd year to get us back in postseason play. If it takes 3 years to turn around a 9 win team, how can we honestly expect to turn this around next season?

BTW OM was 12-17 in sec play before Bianco took over

Totally different.

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 04:31 PM
The first season can't count against him because when college baseball coaches are hired, the recruiting is already done, so he was coaching a roster entirely put together by Polk. You can't seriously act like Cohen is responsible for the first year being so bad when he had nothing to do with the roster, and you probably won't again in a few days or weeks once you've cooled down.

You can count the second season against him a little bit (especially since it was so godawful, much worse than 2015), but it still was mostly Polk's guys.

I can't believe some of you actually think this way. It's an excuse for not winning any damn games. I just don't get it.

I inherited a team my first head coaching job that graduated 19 guys in 2 yrs. We played 3 freshman and had 2 freshman pitchers that logged major innings. Because we had too. The rest of the lineup was mostly sophomores. We got our teeth kicked in early but scrapped to finish .500 and give the eventual state champion their only competitive game in the playoffs. Why? Because the players bought in and played their ass off and I coached my ass off. We all could have just said "well these aren't my guys, we are too young, wahhh, wahhh, ****ing wahhh" but we didn't. **** that bullshit. It's this attitude that's wrong with our program.

And I'm not mad about today's game, or any of the last 20 for that matter bc I saw the writing on the wall in March. I'm cool as a cucumber.

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 04:35 PM
Totally different.

Why? Every coach taking over a new team gets the first 2 years free right?

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 04:39 PM
And do any of you actually think any coach at any level worth their salt sits there and says "well these ain't my guys so this losing doesn't really matter"? I promise you Cohen doesn't. It's *****fied. Period.

I'd just as soon those of you who continue to think its ok to give free passes for years of coaching when it's not convenient to have all the parts in place disavow yourselves from being fans of our programs. It's ****ing SOFT.

War Machine Dawg
05-16-2015, 04:40 PM

Even IF you give him a pass on the first 2 seasons, Cohen is STILL SUB-.500 in SEC play. And we just went 3-18 in our last 21 games, the worst stretch in school history. How is that acceptable or forgivable?

msstate7
05-16-2015, 04:44 PM
Even IF you give him a pass on the first 2 seasons, Cohen is STILL SUB-.500 in SEC play. And we just went 3-18 in our last 21 games, the worst stretch in school history. How is that acceptable or forgivable?

If tiger got as many mulligans as Cohen, he'd still be the best golfer in the world*

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 04:46 PM
"Well thank little baby Jesus that first year where I didn't make a bowl game was because I had all of Crooms players and it doesn't count. So now I can say I've made a bowl game every year as a head coach." - Dan Mullen

Quaoarsking
05-16-2015, 04:54 PM
Saban was 6-6 his first year at Alabama and lost to Louisiana-Monroe. Do you hold that against him, or do you realize that he inherited a mess and look at subsequent seasons only?

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 04:58 PM
Saban was 6-6 his first year at Alabama and lost to Louisiana-Monroe. Do you hold that against him, or do you realize that he inherited a mess and look at subsequent seasons only?

Yes. It's part of his record. That he stood on the sidelines and coached. He did it. Not the guy before him. He also produced after. And hasn't been 6-6 since....we just missed the tourney...again.

msstate7
05-16-2015, 05:07 PM
Cohen's first team that no one wants to hold against him finished better than this year's

War Machine Dawg
05-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Cohen's first team that no one wants to hold against him finished better than this year's

http://i.imgur.com/oHfd32H.gif

Coursesuper
05-16-2015, 05:17 PM
I can't believe some of you actually think this way. It's an excuse for not winning any damn games. I just don't get it.

I inherited a team my first head coaching job that graduated 19 guys in 2 yrs. We played 3 freshman and had 2 freshman pitchers that logged major innings. Because we had too. The rest of the lineup was mostly sophomores. We got our teeth kicked in early but scrapped to finish .500 and give the eventual state champion their only competitive game in the playoffs. Why? Because the players bought in and played their ass off and I coached my ass off. We all could have just said "well these aren't my guys, we are too young, wahhh, wahhh, ****ing wahhh" but we didn't. **** that bullshit. It's this attitude that's wrong with our program.

And I'm not mad about today's game, or any of the last 20 for that matter bc I saw the writing on the wall in March. I'm cool as a cucumber.
Finally someone who knows baseball. Well said that's how it's ****ing done.