PDA

View Full Version : Leadership...or lack thereof

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 03:46 PM
Rae, Mitchell, Fitts. Welcome to baseball karma with the way the game ended today. You 3 had a chance to be team leaders and it looks painfully obvious yall did nothing to take control of the locker room and have pride about the uniform you were privileged to wear. Terrible leadership from the 3 of you. Good job and bye.

Coaches have been dogshit this year too but the players policing the locker room is integral to having any success. Shame on you players for trashing a year of your baseball careers with the dogshit attitudes and lack of pride you showed this year. Those leaving good riddance...those staying you better take a long look at yourselves and decide if you want to play baseball at this level. It takes a whole helluva lot more than what you showed this year.

Coaches....get your ****ing shit together or take a ****ing hike.

Coursesuper
05-16-2015, 04:04 PM
The players need to be lead by a leader. We haven't had that since Lane B left.

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 04:10 PM
The players are damn old enough also to take control of the ****ing locker room. Especially older guys that have been deep in post season. It's a travesty to the game the shitshow perpetrated by our program this year. The players just sitting around and crying about not having a leader and just letting the year play out are nothing more than a bunch of pussies. Tape that shit to the ****ing door leading into the locker room.

And make no mistake I'm on the Cohen and staff can take their asses somewhere else bandwagon.

maroonmania
05-16-2015, 04:15 PM
I've just never seen so many weak kneed softies on a team that all fall apart at clutch time. Zac Houston is a good pitcher but just like last week against OM, when it became truly crunch time to lock up the game he all of a sudden can't throw a strike. And then Ross comes in and throws a ball BEHIND the batter. What's that crap? It was over after that, TN put all 3 runs up I believe before we even got an out in the 9th. If we would have had a 5 run lead in the 9th like last week we would have blown it again.

Todd4State
05-16-2015, 04:19 PM
The players need to be lead by a leader. We haven't had that since Lane B left.

Then why is Northwestern State 30-21 right now if he's so good? Lane is a nice guy, but he wasn't a solution.

GreenheadDawg
05-16-2015, 04:23 PM
Then why is Northwestern State 30-21 right now if he's so good? Lane is a nice guy, but he wasn't a solution.

Atleast they are above .500.

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 04:23 PM
Todd this whole program is dogshit as we stand today. Drastic things need to happen. It ain't one guy.

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 04:24 PM

Would you take 30-21 right now.....?

Coursesuper
05-16-2015, 04:34 PM
But a least he is a leader that's not hated and a not self centered me only prick. It's obvious that you don't have to rely on any one else to make a living. People will only do what want to, if you as a leader aren't respected to the a point that the people you rely on will give their best everyday then you have already lost.

The latter is where we are now, and this will not get any better next year, or are we going to hit 50 hr next year. Guess what it ain't happening. We will play the same horse shat early schedule then the wheels will fall off. But by all means keep up on that JC knob that's what he likes best, he trives on the cult of JC so yall keep it up.

BankerDog
05-16-2015, 04:35 PM
Cohen tried to get some players to nut up. They didn't respond. After one series, he went into the locker room and said "When I leave here I better hear someone yelling and some fighting." Not one player stood up and took responsibility. A lot can be said about body language. I don't care how good of a guy he is, but Wes Rea, Fitts, Heck, etc didn't exactly walk around like captains. Rea could give a stare but as others have said they are all mentality weak. We can thank Mitch Slauter and Pollerena for our run in '13 because they stayed on their teammates and demanded excellence. We haven't had a player leader since.

As one player told me the day Cohen cut Paul Young "I have never been more scared of anyone in my life and I was on the field running. He was that loud." And when Cohen went to look at the injury log and saw how many bogus injuries there were, several players told me that could hear him say "This s**** isn't happening next year."

War Machine Dawg
05-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Todd this whole program is dogshit as we stand today. Drastic things need to happen. It ain't one guy.

You might as well give it up with Todd. He's hitched his wagon firmly to the Cohen Train. Hell, he's one of the main ones who has told us for the last 3 years how great the incoming players are. It was Todd and his crew spending all fall telling us how much better we'd be on offense. I kept saying I'll believe it when I see it. Wonder how that ended up?

msstate7
05-16-2015, 04:48 PM
This s**** isn't happening next year."

Why did he let it happen this year?

War Machine Dawg
05-16-2015, 04:50 PM

Good question.

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Cohen tried to get some players to nut up. They didn't respond. After one series, he went into the locker room and said "When I leave here I better hear someone yelling and some fighting." Not one player stood up and took responsibility. A lot can be said about body language. I don't care how good of a guy he is, but Wes Rea, Fitts, Heck, etc didn't exactly walk around like captains. Rea could give a stare but as others have said they are all mentality weak. We can thank Mitch Slauter and Pollerena for our run in '13 because they stayed on their teammates and demanded excellence. We haven't had a player leader since.

As one player told me the day Cohen cut Paul Young "I have never been more scared of anyone in my life and I was on the field running. He was that loud." And when Cohen went to look at the injury log and saw how many bogus injuries there were, several players told me that could hear him say "This s**** isn't happening next year."

If they are scared and can't perform then they are pussies. Relay that to your buddies. Work your ass off and respect the game and you don't have to worry about it. The game will take care of itself.

Coursesuper
05-16-2015, 04:54 PM
The real question is why is it happening at all! What drives 18 to 21 year olds to not want to play enough to fake injury. It tells me that something is rotten to the core. It means that it's over as far a leadership goes. There is overand has been for a while. This is not rocket science, this is 2+2=5 right now , just look at what has been happening it's simple to see.

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 04:56 PM
We've got too many coddled little bitches playing in our program right now then.

Todd4State
05-16-2015, 05:39 PM
You might as well give it up with Todd. He's hitched his wagon firmly to the Cohen Train. Hell, he's one of the main ones who has told us for the last 3 years how great the incoming players are. It was Todd and his crew spending all fall telling us how much better we'd be on offense. I kept saying I'll believe it when I see it. Wonder how that ended up?

Bull ****ing shit. Just like when you said I was blowing that JUCO first baseman the same day I told people to pump the brakes? Kiss my ass.

The class I've been pumping up the WHOLE time is the one that is about to get to campus- which has been built over the past five years. The classes we've had the past 2-3 years can't even hold a candle with this class.

Todd4State
05-16-2015, 05:43 PM
Would you take 30-21 right now.....?

Is that now the new expectation at MSU? A coach at a mid major with that record shouldn't and wouldn't be a candidate for our job.

Todd4State
05-16-2015, 05:44 PM
The real question is why is it happening at all! What drives 18 to 21 year olds to not want to play enough to fake injury. It tells me that something is rotten to the core. It means that it's over as far a leadership goes. There is overand has been for a while. This is not rocket science, this is 2+2=5 right now , just look at what has been happening it's simple to see.

There are too many players that are entitled and are OK with resting on something that happened TWO years ago. They just don't want to work and don't care enough about winning.

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 05:45 PM
Is that now the new expectation at MSU? A coach at a mid major with that record shouldn't and wouldn't be a candidate for our job.

Not what I asked. Would you trade where we are right this second for 30-21? It's simple...I want to go 60-0 every year. That's what I expect every damn time walking on the field. Win. Not realistic but what I expect.

I'll answer it. I damn sure would bc we would be getting ready to play in sec tournament.

Todd4State
05-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Not what I asked. Would you trade where we are right this second for 30-21? It's simple...I want to go 60-0 every year. That's what I expect every damn time walking on the field. Win. Not realistic but what I expect.

I'll answer it. I damn sure would bc we would be getting ready to play in sec tournament.

Of course I'd rather have a winning season than not. But that was in reference to Lane.

Coursesuper
05-16-2015, 05:58 PM
There are too many players that are entitled and are OK with resting on something that happened TWO years ago. They just don't want to work and don't care enough about winning.

That is a bullshit answer. That holds absolutely no one accountable, that's like driving into a lake in purpose and saying it's the cars fault. Yeah right it's the players fault we suck, well who the **** put them on campus, who sets practice/ workout schedules? Who monitors things, who trains them, who is accountable? The players? Bullshit!

Todd4State
05-16-2015, 06:06 PM
That is a bullshit answer. That holds absolutely no one accountable, that's like driving into a lake in purpose and saying it's the cars fault. Yeah right it's the players fault we suck, well who the **** put them on campus, who sets practice/ workout schedules? Who monitors things, who trains them, who is accountable? The players? Bullshit!

The biggest thing that is bullshit is your analogy which is not even remotely comparable to anything with our baseball program. Are you saying that you think that Cohen purposefully brought pussies on campus so that they could intentionally lose and then blame it on the players? Because that's what your analogy is saying.

AS I HAVE SAID MANY TIMES the buck stops with Cohen.

But let's not pretend that the players are all innocent here. Just like when you **** up the fries at McDonald's- it goes back to your supervisor, but YOU are the one at fault. It's also up to your supervisor to replace you if need be- but in the world of college athletics where you have roster limits and you can't trade players, you can't just kick off half the team and play the season short handed. All you can do is wait until the end of season and then do what you need to do.

Pollodawg
05-16-2015, 06:10 PM
I am about to get skewered for this, but here goes. Some of you need to ditch some of the unrealistic expectations for MSU baseball. The eighties are over. Other schools pour just as much money or more into baseball as we do now. There is no MSU dynasty, and maybe there never really was. Of all the trips to Omaha, how many NCs? How many? Now how many do LSU, Vandy, and SCAR have? We are at best the third, maybe fourth or lower program in the conference right now. Come to grips with it.

Was this a craptastic season? Yeah. All coaches have em, folks. Coehn deserves next season. If it looks like this one, then he can kick rocks.

Todd4State
05-16-2015, 06:13 PM
I am about to get skewered for this, but here goes. Some of you need to ditch some of the unrealistic expectations for MSU baseball. The eighties are over. Other schools pour just as much money or more into baseball as we do now. There is no MSU dynasty, and maybe there never really was. Of all the trips to Omaha, how many NCs? How many? Now how many do LSU, Vandy, and SCAR have? We are at best the third, maybe fourth or lower program in the conference right now. Come to grips with it.

Was this a craptastic season? Yeah. All coaches have em, folks. Coehn deserves next season. If it looks like this one, then he can kick rocks.

I think there are more people that agree with you than you realize. Especially once the sting from today's loss wears off and people can look at things more rationally rather than reactionary.

Pollodawg
05-16-2015, 06:18 PM
I think there are more people that agree with you than you realize. Especially once the sting from today's loss wears off and people can look at things more rationally rather than reactionary.

Cohen will evaluate this season and make changes, whether it be in the weight room, batting practice, the staff, wherever. Cohen is a driven, type A bunghole, just like Mullen. Just like most winners. People think he isn't just as embarrassed and pissed as we are? Of course he is. This is his name. This is his reputation. This is his job. This is school. Nobody wants to win more than he does.

Sometimes, a coach can push every button he knows, and it doesn't make any difference. Sometimes, it does. Welcome to world of sports, ya know. Point is, he coldn't very well hop off the horse in mid stream this past season, and he deserves next season to make some things happen.

BrunswickDawg
05-16-2015, 07:14 PM
Yes there are. Every coach had years like this - except maybe John Wooden.

These are the same idiots that wanted Mullen fired in 2013.

msstate7
05-16-2015, 07:28 PM

These are the same idiots that wanted Mullen fired in 2013.

Bianco hasn't... Just saying haha

Intramural All-American
05-16-2015, 07:38 PM

They are 20-7 in conference and 2nd place, guy. Lane has been very good at NSU since he's been there, including the biggest turnaround in conference history from 2 years ago to last year.

BrunswickDawg
05-16-2015, 07:51 PM

Touche

Pollodawg
05-16-2015, 08:09 PM

Or made it to the final game of the CWS.

Smitty
05-16-2015, 08:15 PM

No, not every coach has years where they are last in their conference and completely lose the team... At a school historically that supports the program better than most in the country.

Coursesuper
05-16-2015, 08:32 PM
The biggest thing that is bullshit is your analogy which is not even remotely comparable to anything with our baseball program. Are you saying that you think that Cohen purposefully brought pussies on campus so that they could intentionally lose and then blame it on the players? Because that's what your analogy is saying.

AS I HAVE SAID MANY TIMES the buck stops with Cohen. what makes people tick, they you find out how to get the

But let's not pretend that the players are all innocent here. Just like when you **** up the fries at McDonald's- it goes back to your supervisor, but YOU are the one at fault. It's also up to your supervisor to replace you if need be- but in the world of college athletics where you have roster limits and you can't trade players, you can't just kick off half the team and play the season short handed. All you can do is wait until the end of season and then do what you need to do.

You lead, you motivate you take the time to understand how to get the most from people to further whatever goal you are trying to reach. That can't be done if you think that it's all about you. That is where we are and this is not going to change, so get ready forire of the same.

Todd4State
05-16-2015, 08:35 PM

His day is coming. Heck, he has been hovering around the .500 mark most of this season.

msstate7
05-16-2015, 08:37 PM
His day is coming. Heck, he has been hovering around the .500 mark most of this season.

Not taking into consideration recruiting bc I know little about either team's... I like their core better than ours going into next season.

Smitty
05-16-2015, 08:38 PM

Blah blah blah

Todd4State
05-16-2015, 08:42 PM
You lead, you motivate you take the time to understand how to get the most from people to further whatever goal you are trying to reach. That can't be done if you think that it's all about you. That is where we are and this is not going to change, so get ready forire of the same.

It also can't be done with people that don't want to lead or win in the first place. If certain people don't have a certain work ethic it doesn't matter what you do to motivate them. It's a two way street between the coach and the players.

All I know is this from watching years of baseball and being around the game- if you have a team that has players that are hyper-competitive, you are going to win more often than not. That's how we won before with Cohen- and that's how we will win again. That's also how we won under Polk, Gregory, etc.

Todd4State
05-16-2015, 08:43 PM
Blah blah blah

Thanks for adding your usual nothing to the conversation.

Todd4State
05-16-2015, 08:48 PM
Not taking into consideration recruiting bc I know little about either team's... I like their core better than ours going into next season.

State fans always like Ole Miss's baseball players better than theirs and think that they are all 6'5" behemoths. Next year is the last year that they get to have the benefit of Godwin's recruits for the most part. I think Ole Miss will miss Christian Trent and Orvis big time.

They have a very similar issue to us- and that is pitching depth. Although they clearly have more of it than we did this year.

msstate7
05-16-2015, 08:53 PM
State fans always like Ole Miss's baseball players better than theirs and think that they are all 6'5" behemoths. Next year is the last year that they get to have the benefit of Godwin's recruits for the most part. I think Ole Miss will miss Christian Trent and Orvis big time.

They have a very similar issue to us- and that is pitching depth. Although they clearly have more of it than we did this year.

Neither team has a very solid roataion returning. I just think they have better young hitters and a better approach at the plate

Smitty
05-16-2015, 08:54 PM
Thanks for adding your usual nothing to the conversation.

Alexander, Riley, James, Mangum, Pilkington, Pickett, Breaux, Blaylock, Burdick, Hughes, Stovall

And thats just off the top of my head. See I can be Todd4State too and list our recruits. I mean shit you've been including Alexander in your Todd-list since 2012!!

Todd4State
05-16-2015, 08:57 PM
Alexander, Riley, James, Mangum, Pilkington, Pickett, Breaux, Blaylock, Burdick, Hughes, Stovall

And thats just off the top of my head. See I can be Todd4State too and list our recruits. I mean shit you've been including Alexander in your Todd-list since 2012!!

Well, Alexander has been committed since 8th grade.

Also- Burdick isn't in this class dumbass. So, no you can't be Todd4State as much as you want to be because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made that mistake.

Fail yet again!

Smitty
05-16-2015, 09:07 PM
Well, Alexander has been committed since 8th grade.

Also- Burdick isn't in this class dumbass. So, no you can't be Todd4State as much as you want to be because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made that mistake.

Fail yet again!

Just naming the names over the years.. Burdick was pumped SO MUCH only to tale 40th round money. I could include you pumping up Avery Guyer, Glenn Irby and Derek Martin as well but that list is your pride and joy.

Also "Daniel Garner is going to be a very good catcher for us"

Coach34
05-16-2015, 09:08 PM
Just some background:

I Seen It Dawg is one of the smartest baseball players Ive ever met. He squeezed every bit of talent he had out of himself when he played. Worked his ass off. He is an extreme tactition that knows the game inside and out. He is literally qualified to be an SEC pitching coach. He just chose a different path in life.

He is not some Taco Bell district manager masquerading as a baseball genius

BrunswickDawg
05-16-2015, 09:09 PM
No, not every coach has years where they are last in their conference and completely lose the team... At a school historically that supports the program better than most in the country.
I'm not necessarily talking about record - I'm talking about misjudging the quality of the teams and players. And I'm talking baseball specific. How many times have you seen a team look all world on paper and end up in last place? Virtually every year. They can turn around with almost identical personnel the next year and perform up to or over expectations. It happens. Cohen was ahead of the curve on the impact of bat changes and behind the curve on the ball change. I think what we have seen the last two years is the desperation of someone who has known these teams weren't good and had no spark. Last year that desperation worked and came together, this year it didn't.

You give him a real chance to fix it. If next year sucks, can him. You don't build programs without patience, and like it or not we have not been a dominant program in 25 years.

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 09:15 PM
Todd you and Smitty take your shit somewhere else. Same ****ing argument cluttering up a thread again that has nothing to do with said thread.