PDA

View Full Version : 2016 safety Quincy Lenton decommits

HSVDawg
05-16-2015, 02:23 PM
That sucks. I was hoping we were regaining a foothold in Meridian after losing out on guys like C.J. Hampton. I don't follow recruiting enough to know where he'll end up, but I've got a pretty good guess.

hailmari
05-16-2015, 02:26 PM
He's been getting a lot of attention ever since committing. No telling

BankerDog
05-16-2015, 02:31 PM
I have a feeling he's about to follow Hampton to Ole Miss. But I don't know if they've offered him or not. I know Collins offered him this week.

When you look at our offering, though, we have offered a lot of safeties this class. We had LaMaqures Thomas from Clinton on campus today and there is also a boy on the coast Jaquelle Green who Saban and Miles have offered that we could probably make a run for.

HancockCountyDog
05-16-2015, 02:32 PM
That sucks. I was hoping we were regaining a foothold in Meridian after losing out on guys like C.J. Hampton. I don't follow recruiting enough to know where he'll end up, but I've got a pretty good guess.

How can I blame Cohen for this?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-16-2015, 02:37 PM
CJ Hampton is behind his de commitment. I hate it because Quincy is a good player. I don't see us chasing him. You'll see us really turn up the heat on Lamarques Thomas. Looks like we will split the Meridian guys with OM. Zaire Jones & Raekwon Davis while OM will get Daniel Crowell & Quincy Lenton.

msstate7
05-16-2015, 02:38 PM
He must have seen peters and mclaurin play last year or seen Bryant's 40 time this week*

So you think it's over with him or what?

HancockCountyDog
05-16-2015, 02:43 PM
He must have seen peters and mclaurin play last year or seen Bryant's 40 time this week*

I don't want to speak for Dan (ifyouonlyknew), but we almost never chase a kid once he decommits. Any kid that will decommit is someone you can't count on to do the right thing when you aren't on him 24/7.

msstate7
05-16-2015, 02:46 PM
CJ Hampton is behind his de commitment. I hate it because Quincy is a good player. I don't see us chasing him. You'll see us really turn up the heat on Lamarques Thomas. Looks like we will split the Meridian guys with OM. Zaire Jones & Raekwon Davis while OM will get Daniel Crowell & Quincy Lenton.

I'll take jones and Davis and be ok with it. We've got some safety talent on campus and we'll get another one this year

Ifyouonlyknew
05-16-2015, 02:46 PM

I don't see us chasing. Too many quality DB's on the board. I put the full court press on Lamarques Thomas & Kyle Meyers then wait out Nigel Knott.

bulldawg28
05-16-2015, 04:06 PM
He has a better chance of playing at Ole Miss than State with Conner leaving next year.

Coach34
05-16-2015, 04:45 PM
He hates Cohen so much- he refuses to play football at State

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 04:54 PM

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-16-2015, 10:19 PM

You still think we flip Davis? I hate to see lenton go but I never saw us keeping both of those guys committed. In your opinion are we getting the better safety of the two?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-16-2015, 11:21 PM
You still think we flip Davis? I hate to see lenton go but I never saw us keeping both of those guys committed. In your opinion are we getting the better safety of the two?

I do think we get Davis. Jones & Lenton are 2 totally different players. Jones is very physical he can play in the box but has enough speed to play over the top. Lenton is the better athlete & flies around the field. They're both good players.

bulldawg28
05-17-2015, 06:50 AM
I do think we get Davis. Jones & Lenton are 2 totally different players. Jones is very physical he can play in the box but has enough speed to play over the top. Lenton is the better athlete & flies around the field. They're both good players.

Give me Nickoe 2.0 any day of the week.

Dawg61
05-17-2015, 06:57 AM
Jones is very physical he can play in the box

Said Mike Hunt

CadaverDawg
05-17-2015, 10:58 AM
If rather have the Clinton kid. Anything that gives us a better shot at Cam Akers.

Pollodawg
05-17-2015, 11:53 AM
Our connections in Meridian are not that strong, and there is a reason why.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-17-2015, 12:02 PM

We've never dominated Meridian or had a stronghold there. We will do fine in Meridian though & will more than likely get 2 of the 4 SEC players there.

cheewgumm
05-17-2015, 12:47 PM
Player I want more than any is Lashley. To me it's not close.

msstate7
05-17-2015, 12:57 PM

Then you can rest easy at night from what I've heard

hells bells
05-17-2015, 09:07 PM

Agree with this. Weems is a good coach, but I do not think he sways the kids much on crootin. When Barnes was there I always thought he pushed Bammer but I think he played for TSUN. Grades have been a issue in the Meridian area also.

messageboardsuperhero
05-17-2015, 09:12 PM

I haven't even started following football recruiting this cycle and probably won't until mid-January- but I know of Lashley. That is one stud future LT that you won't have to worry about whether he'll end up in Maroon and White. West Point boy with tons of connections...