PDA

View Full Version : Do y'all realize just how

tireddawg
05-15-2015, 01:05 PM
Good we will be in football this season? Has it really sunk in for any ya?

BulldogBear
05-15-2015, 03:52 PM
Seems a good enough place to put this... do you realize we haven't won a regular season game over P5 opponent since BYU in 2000? It is the longest drought among P5 schools right now.

confucius say
05-15-2015, 03:59 PM
Seems a good enough place to put this... do you realize we haven't won a regular season game over P5 opponent since BYU in 2000? It is the longest drought among P5 schools right now.

How many have we played? 8?

BulldogBear
05-15-2015, 04:04 PM
How many have we played? 8?

2001 BooYoo (L38-41)
2002 Boregon (L13-36)
2003 Boregon (L34-42)
2006 Breast Virginia (L14-42)
2007 Breast Virginia (L13-38)
2008 Georgia Blech (L7-38)
2009 Georgia Blech (L31-42)
2013 Pokelahoma State (L3-21)

0-8

QuadrupleOption
05-15-2015, 04:11 PM
2001 BooYoo (L38-41)
2002 Boregon (L13-36)
2003 Boregon (L34-42)

0-8

We fielded some really terrible teams those years.

STATEBALLIN
05-15-2015, 04:16 PM
2001 BooYoo (L38-41)
2002 Boregon (L13-36)
2003 Boregon (L34-42)

0-8

I'm sorry but this is stupid. Most of those games were played in the worst decade of MSU football history! We didn't win any games hardly at all save Vandy and some OOC money games, but we lost some of those too. They didn't make a difference for last years team so what in the hell do those losses have to do with this year's team?

for the record i will read your reply but not respond, no matter how much i disagree.

Schultzy
05-15-2015, 04:44 PM
I think our DL is much underrated for talent and depth. Our OL is more talented than last year's and also has more depth as well as being better run blockers. We will be better at safety, corner will be better since Redmond will play every snap. Geoff Collins' over rated ass is gone and Manny's D seems to fit here.

Linebackers are always good, can't wait to see Gerri Green and BEniquez Brown is all conference. Offense will obviously score points.

Dak will be even better as well as the WR's. I don't get wooly every year but am for this upcoming one.

Todd4State
05-15-2015, 05:04 PM
Good we will be in football this season? Has it really sunk in for any ya?

I think we have a CHANCE to be really good. Things are going to have to go right for us. We have to not be afraid to start Peters at safety for it to happen though. Or maybe I should say we have to be OK with benching Zach Jackson and Deontay Evans and playing Gray and Peters over them. Maybe Jung will surprise at OLB and start as well- but that's unknown at this time as well.

I do think that Manny will be able to mask our weakness at safety at least somewhat by bringing pressure more and disguising looks rather than forcing the weakest part of our team to make plays on an island.

Todd4State
05-15-2015, 05:08 PM
I think our DL is much underrated for talent and depth. Our OL is more talented than last year's and also has more depth as well as being better run blockers. We will be better at safety, corner will be better since Redmond will play every snap. Geoff Collins' over rated ass is gone and Manny's D seems to fit here.

Linebackers are always good, can't wait to see Gerri Green and BEniquez Brown is all conference. Offense will obviously score points.

Dak will be even better as well as the WR's. I don't get wooly every year but am for this upcoming one.

I wonder if it wouldn't be a bad idea to start Green and the Brown brothers and basically switch Beniquez over to the strong side. He's probably better in coverage than Zach Jackson is- plus it would get our three most talented LB's on the field Leo Lewis non-withstanding. That's assuming that Green isn't better in coverage than Beniquez- which I'm honestly not sure about.

Schultzy
05-15-2015, 05:16 PM
Geoff Collins put us in some bad coverages last year, Zach should always have a safety help. You have to be a pretty crappy DC to make that much overall talent look bad.

I think Diaz's defense/approach will fit much better with our type of football player and with it being his 2nd time around, I think Mullen will give him more freedom than previous coordinators.

Todd4State
05-15-2015, 05:25 PM
Geoff Collins put us in some bad coverages last year, Zach should always have a safety help. You have to be a pretty crappy DC to make that much overall talent look bad.

I think Diaz's defense/approach will fit much better with our type of football player and with it being his 2nd time around, I think Mullen will give him more freedom than previous coordinators.

I think we would have been fine keeping the first unit on the field in big SEC games around 75% of the time rather then 50%.

mparkerfd20
05-15-2015, 05:25 PM

That's bull. We were 6-2 last year against P5 schools in the SEC. Why make life harder than it has to be?

Coach34
05-15-2015, 06:04 PM
I wonder if it wouldn't be a bad idea to start Green and the Brown brothers and basically switch Beniquez over to the strong side. He's probably better in coverage than Zach Jackson is- plus it would get our three most talented LB's on the field Leo Lewis non-withstanding. That's assuming that Green isn't better in coverage than Beniquez- which I'm honestly not sure about.

Benni is a run first guy. Richie is better cover guy. Richie runs a damn 4.5

Coach34
05-15-2015, 06:06 PM
That's bull. We were 6-2 last year against P5 schools in the SEC.

exactly- last time I checked- the SEC was in the P5

Covercorner2
05-15-2015, 06:15 PM
Benni is a run first guy. Richie is better cover guy. Richie runs a damn 4.5

This is why I don't understand why we don't put Gerri at strong side (Dez Harris backup), Benni at middle (Leo backup), and Richie at weak side (Zach Jackson/JT Gray/Jung backup). I've suggested this before. Just makes sense given the players' skill sets and gets your 3 most talented guys on the field at the same time. Maybe it's because Richie can't cover well enough, but I think it would be worth it...

BulldogBear
05-15-2015, 06:44 PM
I'm sorry but this is stupid. Most of those games were played in the worst decade of MSU football history! We didn't win any games hardly at all save Vandy and some OOC money games, but we lost some of those too. They didn't make a difference for last years team so (A) what in the hell do those losses have to do with this year's team?
for the record(B) i will read your reply but not respond, no matter how much i disagree.

A) Good Point. Nothing to do with this year's team. I never said it did.

B) You disagree those were the scores? Good luck

BulldogBear
05-15-2015, 06:45 PM
That's bull. We were 6-2 last year against P5 schools in the SEC. Why make life harder than it has to be?

HAHA! Touche' ...I meant OOC games

sleepy dawg
05-15-2015, 06:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6aS72qqe9c

Schultzy
05-15-2015, 06:51 PM
HAHA! Touche' ...I meant OOC games

With all of the optimism surrounding our program now, one has to wonder what your point was anyway.

BulldogBear
05-15-2015, 06:52 PM
With all of the optimism surrounding our program now, one has to wonder what your point was anyway.

Just a fact I found out today and I needed to vent. With BYU back on the schedule next year, I look forward to making this go away.

War Machine Dawg
05-15-2015, 06:57 PM
Just a fact I found out today and I needed to vent. With BYU back on the schedule next year, I look forward to making this go away.

I'm still pissed those f'ing Mormons are on the schedule at all. Unless we meet in postseason, we should NEVER play them aGAIN of our own free will. No more money from us, ****ers.

Coach34
05-15-2015, 07:05 PM
This is why I don't understand why we don't put Gerri at strong side (Dez Harris backup), Benni at middle (Leo backup), and Richie at weak side (Zach Jackson/JT Gray/Jung backup). I've suggested this before. Just makes sense given the players' skill sets and gets your 3 most talented guys on the field at the same time. Maybe it's because Richie can't cover well enough, but I think it would be worth it...

Richie is fine covering any TE he faces- but as a Willie LB he will have to bump and cover some slots. Thats not something we would want to have happen very often. Thats what makes it hard to play all 3 at once. Vs Bama or LSU thats fine- but against Spread offenses not so much.

BulldogBear
05-15-2015, 07:35 PM
I'm still pissed those f'ing Mormons are on the schedule at all. Unless we meet in postseason, we should NEVER play them aGAIN of our own free will. No more money from us, ****ers.

Of course you know what will be said. I can see it now: "Well, BYU is the last one they beat so they still haven't beat anyone in OOC reg season but BYU, and they're not even in a P5 conference." I just didn't feel like or want to link the article. I was (am) pissed because they'll present facts ANY way it takes to misrepresent us or hide their ignorance. The OOC REGULAR SEASON thing is convenient. Of course they ignore bowl games in the same time frame. Shout out to Wake Forest and Michigan!

SDDawg
05-15-2015, 08:29 PM
IQ points falling in this thread... Meanwhile we will be "REALLY GOOD" next year.

I seen it dawg
05-16-2015, 02:13 PM
State wins sec west

BulldogBear
05-16-2015, 05:32 PM
State wins sec west

You saw it?