PDA

View Full Version : Fletch & Chris

justwin
05-15-2015, 12:02 PM
I'm starting to think that both of these guys are going to be highly motivated to have breakout years. Fletch potentially traded & CJ being overlooked as most "pundits" are saying our DL will be our downfall.

First, Chris.

fr - CJ had 32 tackles, 7 TFL, 3 sacks; for comparison, Fletch had 29/3.5/1 his fr year starting 12 games. CJ was more disruptive in limited time.
soph - CJ had 26/3.5/3; Fletch had 29/6.5/2.5. about the same.
jr - CJ ????? Fletch had 56/14.5/5.

So, Fletcher's JR year, his 3rd year playing, he doubled his tackles/sacks to 20 from 9. Preston's 3rd year playing 25 with 15 TFL / 9 sacks. There's something about that 3rd year playing DL here.....

leads me to believe that this year, CJ's 3rd year, will be a big jump. In a way, I feel that most of these bad predictions will motivate CJ probably moreso than most of the other MSU guys, even Dak. CJ could embarrass some people this year.

Now, Fletch.

4th year in Philly. 4 sacks 1st yr, 3 in 2nd, 5 in 3rd. Wouldn't be surprised if he got double digits this year. Another big contract, new team.

msstate7
05-15-2015, 12:04 PM
Josh Boyd really helped cox his junior year. Chris is gonna need that same help from someone to break out big time

thf24
05-15-2015, 12:19 PM
Josh Boyd really helped cox his junior year. Chris is gonna need that same help from someone to break out big time

Nick James will be that guy if he maintains the improvement he's made over the past year. He'll demand a double team and force teams to either leave Chris 1-on-1 or leave a tight end to block more than they'd like.

msstate7
05-15-2015, 12:24 PM
Nick James will be that guy if he maintains the improvement he's made over the past year. He'll demand a double team and force teams to either leave Chris 1-on-1 or leave a tight end to block more than they'd like.

I definetely think nick CAN be that guy. Will he be that guy? That remains to be seen

BankerDog
05-15-2015, 12:29 PM
Even though his light has turned on, don't expect him(James) to be an every down starter. He'll get his reps and be very effective but he won't be a every down starter.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
05-15-2015, 02:07 PM
I hope it's not an indictment on our offensive line, and do not believe it to be so, but Nick James & Chris Jones looked downright unblockable at times in the spring game. Especially in short yardage situations. Malone, Clayborne, & Desper had their hands full, & I don't think there's an OT out there that can cross CJ's face when he's in a 3 tech.