PDA

View Full Version : Auburn loses another DB...

BankerDog
05-15-2015, 09:47 AM
Kamryn Melton is transferring out. That's the 3rd DB to transfer from Auburn since Jan when Alexander left and Kalvaraz Bessent left. Article I read on AL.com thinks they're about to lose another DB due to transferring. They're already down Jones and another backup due to injuries. Add in they've lost Daniels, too and we could be looking at beating them again this year in the Plains.

I will take our WR corps and our QB over those DBs. If we can be effective and get some positive carries out of our RBs, I think it's going to be a good game for us offensively.

In another article I read on the SEC blog on ESPN, Bielema is now going to take Collins' 1A/1B idea. Hope he makes the mistake we did in mass subbing all of our 2nd team guys in at the same time. That worked out great for us.**

chef dixon
05-15-2015, 10:22 AM
Auburn is highly overrated in my opinion the last couple of years, even the year they played in the natty. Point was proven last year by the end of the season and it will be again this year. Defense is pathetic and replacing key players on offense.

MetEdDawg
05-15-2015, 10:41 AM
I understand a lot of people weren't happy about the 1A/1B stuff but you will be very happy that guys like Richie Brown, Zac Jack, Coman, Cleveland, and a few others got the reps they did last year.

They needed those reps really badly. Now I'm not saying it was the right thing to do all the time, but I do think our staff had the foresight to realize how much we were losing on defense and to make sure a lot of these guys weren't getting their first significant minutes game 2 against LSU this year. They got them all last year, know the system, have implemented the system, and are much better players for that. Early on a big component of winning is who the more prepared and experienced team is. I think against LSU game 2 and Auburn game 4 we have the edge in both of those categories.

We could do it this year. LSU early, Auburn early and I think we are better than both. Still think we are better than TAMU on the road mid way through the year. Get Mizzou at a good spot in the schedule and get Bama and OM at home. I'm not sure the defense is better than last year but I think offense could be. If the defense plays better this year that is normally our "off" year with scheduling could turn into something special and I do believe that it would be in large part to the reps some of our 1B got last year.

blacklistedbully
05-15-2015, 11:35 AM
Kamryn Melton is transferring out. That's the 3rd DB to transfer from Auburn since Jan when Alexander left and Kalvaraz Bessent left. Article I read on AL.com thinks they're about to lose another DB due to transferring. They're already down Jones and another backup due to injuries. Add in they've lost Daniels, too and we could be looking at beating them again this year in the Plains.

I will take our WR corps and our QB over those DBs. If we can be effective and get some positive carries out of our RBs, I think it's going to be a good game for us offensively.

In another article I read on the SEC blog on ESPN, Bielema is now going to take Collins' 1A/1B idea. Hope he makes the mistake we did in mass subbing all of our 2nd team guys in at the same time. That worked out great for us.**

When going to Auburn, we have to factor in beating the officials as well. Can't remember the last time we didn't get badly shafted @ Auburn.

justwin
05-15-2015, 11:44 AM
When going to Auburn, we have to factor in beating the officials as well. Can't remember the last time we didn't get badly shafted @ Auburn.

This is absolutely true.

Remember, the only thing that stopped us in last year's game was mother nature. Could've been up 28 pts at the half.

msstate7
05-15-2015, 12:08 PM
This is absolutely true.

Remember, the only thing that stopped us in last year's game was mother nature. Could've been up 28 pts at the half.
We got a huge call go our way on the long pass early in the 2nd half. If we don't get that call, who knows how that game and our season turn out. I do think it was the correct call though

BankerDog
05-15-2015, 12:18 PM
Double Post

bluelightstar
05-15-2015, 12:21 PM

I don't think we got shafted in 2013; instead, we just choked. But our game in 2011 was an embarrassment to officiating. Nothing will ever exemplify Auburn luck like that phantom first down where you could still see the space between the ball and the marker.

BankerDog
05-15-2015, 12:22 PM
In regards to the 1A/1B discussion: I understood it, but I didn't like how we did it. You should never mass sub your whole second team defense. For example, if we had let our 2 Secondary go with our 1 DL/LB or vice versa I would've been fine with it.

I think our secondary TALENT will be better except on the DL. We are going to need Ryan Brown, Nelson Adams, and Chris Jones to turn it on. Jefferson is going to have to keep doing Jefferson things; I'm glad we took him in our class and he didn't wind up at USM. Nick James will provide some snaps and I hope the light has turned on for him. I am a BIG Jonathan Calvin fan. He is a really good pass rusher, I know from experience having played him in HS and look at his stats during the scrimmages. Corey Thomas has had some good practices as well.

LB: I'm not ever worried about LB at MSU. Mississippi is a breeding ground for LBs.

DB: I like the combo of Redmond, Calhoun,Jiles, and Cleveland. While Graham has the ability to be a good CB in time, I'm not counting on him to be legit just yet. I like our safeties in Coman, McLaurin, Peters, Bryant, and Market if he returns healthy which is always iffy with that injury. McLaurin, Peters, and Bryant have the talent to be really good; but just like any freshman they are going to have growing pains and will screw up.

blacklistedbully
05-15-2015, 01:35 PM
I don't think we got shafted in 2013; instead, we just choked. But our game in 2011 was an embarrassment to officiating. Nothing will ever exemplify Auburn luck like that phantom first down where you could still see the space between the ball and the marker.

2013 was both, as I recall. Some bad calls against us, bad luck and poor game-management.