PDA

View Full Version : Howland recently offered this guy

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-14-2015, 12:33 PM
I'm glad to see him going after these type players. Won't get them all, but one or two a year is all you need.

http://247sports.com/Player/DeAaron-Fox-23975

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2015, 12:35 PM
Yea Fox is really good. Shaka & Texas are the big time leaders for him though. Like you said we won't be afraid to go up against the big boys for elite talent & we will get our fair share.

jumbo
05-14-2015, 12:46 PM
Yea Fox is really good. Shaka & Texas are the big time leaders for him though. Like you said we won't be afraid to go up against the big boys for elite talent & we will get our fair share.

as excited as I am to see Malik Newman, I'm doubly excited about the 2016 team.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2015, 12:50 PM
as excited as I am to see Malik Newman, I'm doubly excited about the 2016 team.

The overall talent on the 2016 should be higher than the 2015 team. The 2015 team has way more experience but if the 2016 class is as good as I think it will be the talent level is going to be so much better.

Bothrops
05-14-2015, 02:57 PM
2016 will be more of a rebuilding year. We lose a lot of players. Still be good.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2015, 03:04 PM
2016 will be more of a rebuilding year. We lose a lot of players. Still be good.

I'm not sure if it will be a rebuilding year as much as a restocking year. Like I said before we will probably have more talent on the 2016 team it will just be younger talent.

maroonmania
05-14-2015, 03:10 PM

2016 will be a pretty significant rebuilding year. For us to be an NCAA team in 2016 we would need to sign a monster class next year. We will just lose too much talent and experience after this coming season.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2015, 03:18 PM
2016 will be a pretty significant rebuilding year. For us to be an NCAA team in 2016 we would need to sign a monster class next year. We will just lose too much talent and experience after this coming season.

I disagree but only because I expect us to sign a top 10 class. Also if we're able to sign say Aric Holman this year. You have a veteran core returning of Weatherspoon, Houston, Ready, & Holman. That along with the potential adding say Lamar Peters, Mario Kegler, James Banks, & a couple more prospects. We could definitely still be a tourney team. I know it's hard to look that far ahead though.

Coach34
05-14-2015, 03:25 PM
I'm not 100% convinced Newman is one and done.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2015, 03:30 PM

Better get to as many games as you can this year.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-14-2015, 03:37 PM
I disagree but only because I expect us to sign a top 10 class. Also if we're able to sign say Aric Holman this year. You have a veteran core returning of Weatherspoon, Houston, Ready, & Holman. That along with the potential adding say Lamar Peters, Mario Kegler, James Banks, & a couple more prospects. We could definitely still be a tourney team. I know it's hard to look that far ahead though...

jumbo
05-14-2015, 03:40 PM

Dan will probably be able to tell you better, but I'd be surprised if he wasn't a Bulldog

Ifyouonlyknew

I think they are very good.

maroonmania
I disagree but only because I expect us to sign a top 10 class. Also if we're able to sign say Aric Holman this year. You have a veteran core returning of Weatherspoon, Houston, Ready, & Holman. That along with the potential adding say Lamar Peters, Mario Kegler, James Banks, & a couple more prospects. We could definitely still be a tourney team. I know it's hard to look that far ahead though.

Well Top 10 would be pretty much a monster class. But of the veteran core you speak of, I don't see any of those that would be a starter in 2015 (though Ready started this year) and we haven't gotten Holman yet. I don't think we will have a losing season or anything but I will be surprised if its not a step back from what we do this coming season. However, if we do get most of the guys you name it could be significantly better than I'm thinking but we have to get those guys signed.

maroonmania
05-14-2015, 03:41 PM

Apparently Howland is telling everyone on the Road Dawgs tour that he will be one and done.

jumbo
05-14-2015, 03:44 PM
Well Top 10 would be pretty much a monster class. But of the veteran core you speak of, I don't see any of those that would be a starter in 2015 (though Ready started this year) and we haven't gotten Holman yet. I don't think we will have a losing season or anything but I will be surprised if its not a step back from what we do this coming season. However, if we do get most of the guys you name it could be significantly better than I'm thinking but we have to get those guys signed.

If we end up with who we lead for right now, Kegler, Banks, Peters & Lard, that will be close to a top 10 class.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2015, 03:45 PM

Oh yea no doubt it's a lot of things that have to happen but I almost expect it with this staff. None of those 4 will start this year but anywhere from 2 to all 4 could start in 2016. I feel confident in saying Weatherspoon & Holman would start at the 2 & 4. Ready can always start so a kid like Peters doesn't have to be rushed. Of course if we get Kegler I'm penciling him in at the 3 but Houston still would be the 6th man off the bench who would basically be a 6th starter. Like I said it's hard to look that far in the future but it's definitely possible & I think probable that 2016 team has more talent.

Rayburn8
05-14-2015, 04:42 PM
Positive words about basketball.......man I might just cry. This is good stuff guys, been to long since basketball was worth a shit.

ZedFedder
05-14-2015, 05:43 PM
Do we actually lead for Banks and Lard?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2015, 05:59 PM
Do we actually lead for Banks and Lard?

I feel we do for Banks. With Lard it's hard to tell because he rarely talks to the media. I think most of the positive vibes from Lard come from doing well with his AAU teammates Peters & Crowfield. Plus the fact McCray has been recruiting him since he was a freshman.

C222
05-14-2015, 07:06 PM
I thought Holman was in the 2016 class?

jumbo
05-15-2015, 07:37 AM
I thought Holman was in the 2016 class?

He was 2015, but is listed as 2016 for now because Louisville is wanting him to go to prep school so they can take him next year.