PDA

View Full Version : Wool

justwin
05-14-2015, 12:16 PM
we all like to look back and get wool when thinking about the guys Mullen signed that no one else wanted and blossomed into stars....Preston, Clausell, Banks, Ballard, J. Rob, and the list goes on.

Besides having a strong arm, perfect frame, smart guy, there just seems to be something "special" about this guy. Maybe it's his OCD which is ideal for a coach. During his recruitment, he keeps saying the right things....

(I only posted this since it was free content, but kudos to the author).

This spring 2015 Mississippi State signee Nick Tiano has been able to observe his future teammates on the practice fields. In just a couple of weeks, the 247Sports three-star dual-threat quarterback will join those teammates in summer workouts in Starkville.

Over the past couple of months and since National Signing Day, Tiano has been preparing for those grueling offseason workouts and has put in work with fellow 2015 signee and good friend Harrison Moon.

"Everything has been going good," said the 6-foot-5 and 235-pound Tiano. "I've just been following the workout book they sent us and me and Harrison have been hammering that out every day. I finished up this semester strong and I am excited to start school and workouts at Mississippi State. All of those preparations start for real this summer to get us ready for the season."

And that centers around getting in great condition, added Tiano. He has added a few pounds since the start of his senior season and wants to attack his first summer session with the Bulldogs.

"I just want to get myself in great shape and be able to run as much as I can without getting tired," said Tiano. "I know the offseason conditioning program will be tough. So I want to get faster this summer and get my arm ready to go, physically. Then I have to learn the playbook and pick up the mental stuff as quick as I can.

"I am at 235 pounds now and I want to stay around that weight and lean up a bit when I get there. I want to turn some of that fat into muscle and that will help to make me faster and be in better shape."

As a senior Tiano helped lead Baylor (Tenn.) School to a deep postseason run and played his best football in the playoffs. He finished the year with 2,096 passing yards along with 16 touchdowns and three interceptions. Tiano also used the run game to his advantage and rushed for 723 yards and eight touchdowns.

While Tiano knows the next level will be more demanding, he is anxious to take that next step in a sport that he loves playing. And his passion about football has driven him since he first picked up a football.

"I just love football," said Tiano. "People always talk about what they do on the weekends and for me, it's football. When I got back home from Starkville, I went to our high school stadium and just threw. To me, that is what I think is fun. I enjoy everything about the game. That is all I ever think about and all I ever talk about."

As noted, Tiano got to observe the Bulldogs in spring drills and that included the Maroon and White spring game. And his time on campus had Tiano wishing he was already on the roster.

"It was a lot of fun and enjoyed watching them practice," said Tiano. "It really made me wish I would've enrolled early so I could've been out there practicing with them. With some of the quarterbacks injured, Coach (Dan) Mullen said I would've gotten a lot of reps this spring.

"I also liked how fast-paced everything is in practice. They were pretty efficient, too, and everybody knows where to go and what to do. You can see they really work hard and get a lot of things done in practice. And now I am about to be out there with them this summer and it's going to be fun."

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-14-2015, 12:26 PM
That's what you want in a QB. Not someone who says he spends his weekends cleaning his AK-47.

State82
05-14-2015, 12:44 PM
Thick wool for sure