PDA

View Full Version : Regarding bats....I found this

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-13-2015, 11:32 PM
describing LSU and why they use DeMarini.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl6VQnQpBas

engie
05-14-2015, 07:50 AM
What is "the best" changes prettymuch every year IMO. Demarini is building a damn fine resume though.

I do think that Adidas screwed us on it by having ultra "hot" demos then cutting the nuts off of them when they actually started mass producing for the public. Everything I heard on the front end was about how hot they were and a lot of that came from other schools with other contracts. Then, 6 mo go by and games begin and suddenly they weren't nearly what they were supposed to be...

HereComesTheSpiral
05-14-2015, 08:38 AM
So they talked about all of the available varieties Demarini and the players getting to pick the bat they are most comfortable with, how many does Adidas have. Sounds like we are using a one size fits all piece of equipment.

sandjunky
05-14-2015, 09:25 AM
So they talked about all of the available varieties Demarini and the players getting to pick the bat they are most comfortable with, how many does Adidas have. Sounds like we are using a one size fits all piece of equipment.

They have 2 or so bats that you can buy on Eastbay....and it's the same two bats we trot out to the plate with

sandjunky
05-14-2015, 09:26 AM
I can only imagine how many HR Stovall would have in HS if he were not using an Addidas bat this year

sleepy dawg
05-14-2015, 11:10 AM
I think it's ridiculous that a team just uses one type of bat. Each player should get to pick their own brand of bat.

Really Clark?
05-14-2015, 11:40 AM
I think it's ridiculous that a team just uses one type of bat. Each player should get to pick their own brand of bat.

I don't know about brand (and for a school you will have to contract with one company only) but I would like to use a manufacture that have various types of bats in their lines that can match to each hitter. Give each player the bat that feels and reacts the way they want it to.

AlSwearengen
05-14-2015, 11:52 AM
At what point does this affect recruiting?

bulldogcountry1
05-14-2015, 12:30 PM
All I have been asking for is some sort of scientific attempt to find the best bats out there. Maybe letting players decide isn't technically scientific, but it's important. These threads always quickly jump to "The bats aren't our problem!", Maybe not, but not giving our players an opportunity to choose sure won't a part of the solution. If you tell your players that you want them using the best and give them an opportunity to try to find one that fits then, then that's going to go a long way.

As it is, it's like choosing between the green putter and the red putter at the mini golf course.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2015, 12:40 PM
All I have been asking for is some sort of scientific attempt to find the best bats out there. Maybe letting players decide isn't technically scientific, but it's important. These threads always quickly jump to "The bats aren't our problem!", Maybe not, but not giving our players an opportunity to choose sure won't a part of the solution. If you tell your players that you want them using the best and give them an opportunity to try to find one that fits then, then that's going to go a long way.

As it is, it's like choosing between the green putter and the red putter at the mini golf course.

I understand your point but that's pretty much impossible to tell every player just go get the bat you like. That can happen in travel league & maybe even some high schools but in college you have contracts. Now you can say find the best Adidas, Easton, Demarini, or whatever brand we're going to use but we can't have every player bringing in their own bat like little league.

sandjunky
05-14-2015, 12:42 PM

Who knew hitting the ball with my new Ping Irons would feel so much better than hitting the ball with my Wilson irons....