PDA

View Full Version : The boys at SDS are going to look like fools in 6 months.

BeardoMSU
05-13-2015, 08:12 PM
This ranking is laughable for a number of reasons. The lack of respect is hilarious to me, but oh well, we shall see...

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/post-spring-sec-power-rankings/

TheRef
05-13-2015, 08:19 PM
I've stopped even giving them clicks. Not worth providing them with ad revenue.

Coach34
05-13-2015, 08:24 PM
"A near unanimous choice as the SEC’s biggest letdown coming off a second-place finish out West, we’re not convinced the Bulldogs have the depth along the offensive line to hang and there’s still crippling issues that need to be solved in the secondary. Dak’s back and that will help, but replacing 15 starters in the starting 22 (http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-teams-returning-starters-2015/) is quite worrisome."

1. We have 3 guys returning that have started SEC football games. 10 of our top 12 will be 3rd year or better players. And everyone of them top 12 is higher rated out of HS than the 3 we lost. We brought in the top Juco OT in the nation- and he couldnt break the starting line-up.

2. Our CB's may be the best CB tandem in the nation. Both players will be off the draft board next April by the 3rd round. Redmond may crack Round 1.

3. The "starters" BS is what is tricking these morons. Tubby lost his job to Ross by season's end- and RoJo started- but was out 8th leading receiver. RoJo started because he was a Sr- and nothing more.

I could go on- but **** SDS. Bookmarked for Week 2

BrunswickDawg
05-13-2015, 08:31 PM
"A near unanimous choice as the SEC’s biggest letdown coming off a second-place finish out West, we’re not convinced the Bulldogs have the depth along the offensive line to hang and there’s still crippling issues that need to be solved in the secondary. Dak’s back and that will help, but replacing 15 starters in the starting 22 (http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-teams-returning-starters-2015/) is quite worrisome."

1. We have 3 guys returning that have started SEC football games. 10 of our top 12 will be 3rd year or better players. And everyone of them top 12 is higher rated out of HS than the 3 we lost. We brought in the top Juco OT in the nation- and he couldnt break the starting line-up.

2. Our CB's may be the best CB tandem in the nation. Both players will be off the draft board next April by the 3rd round. Redmond may crack Round 1.

3. The "starters" BS is what is tricking these morons. Tubby lost his job to Ross by season's end- and RoJo started- but was out 8th leading receiver. RoJo started because he was a Sr- and nothing more.

I could go on- but **** SDS. Bookmarked for Week 2

It's almost like Mullen toys with these idiots on purpose by keeping Sr's as "starters" when higher rep guys are "2's".

BeardoMSU
05-13-2015, 08:35 PM

This is really it. The inability to recognize that just shows they don't even look at stats of our returners, just who started. Same thing with our front 7; yes we lost some starters, but the guys who are coming back are not without significant SEC experience. For 17's sake, Chris Jones didn't start a game last year, neither did Redmond, but we're somehow stepping back because now they are starters? Yup, sound logic.

Losing starters on the O-line could be problematic, but I'm really not worried about this group; it's not like we're going to have a 2011-esque drop-off here, which is I guess what most are expecting us to do. Nope, not gonna happen. We are adding a lot of talent on the O-line, and we'll be just fine.

As long as our safety play is better this year and we can find 1 or 2 more D-line backups we won't miss a beat.

SDDawg
05-13-2015, 09:31 PM
17'in SDS- the WORST football site out there. Awful.

Drugdog
05-14-2015, 07:17 AM
17'in SDS- the WORST football site out there. Awful.

If it's that bad then why click on their sight. No one should ever go to Sds or BR. Imo

mic
05-14-2015, 07:51 AM
Party Down South probably has more football knowledge than Saturdays Down South

Lloyd Christmas
05-14-2015, 09:05 AM
Yea they are idiots.

BeardoMSU
05-14-2015, 09:24 AM
Yea they are idiots.

If we were "Dennis'ing" SDS, Loyd, which stage would they be at?

BeastMan
05-14-2015, 09:59 AM
Party Down South probably has more football knowledge than Saturdays Down South

They have at least been to Starkville

HereComesTheSpiral
05-14-2015, 10:06 AM

A blend of neglect emotionally and separate entirely.

Lloyd Christmas
05-14-2015, 11:46 AM

SEPARATE ENTIRELY

BulldogBear
05-14-2015, 01:21 PM
SEPARATE ENTIRELY

Funny thing is... I had to go look this up

THE Bruce Dickinson
05-14-2015, 02:10 PM
This one about Auburn makes me laugh:

"The offense is expected to be even more dynamic with league Heisman frontrunner Jeremy Johnson at the helm "

It's pretty comical that they bash MSU about losing so many starters, and then they turn around 300 words later and annoint a non starter from Auburn who threw the ball a total of 41 times last season the Heisman Trophy frontrunner.

maroonmania
05-14-2015, 02:28 PM

"The offense is expected to be even more dynamic with league Heisman frontrunner Jeremy Johnson at the helm "

It's pretty comical that they bash MSU about losing so many starters, and then they turn around 300 words later and annoint a non starter from Auburn who threw the ball a total of 41 times last season the Heisman Trophy frontrunner.

Logic seems to go out the window with most of these "analysts". Barrett Sallee is still the king of idiots to me because last year about this time it was "MSU has the worst talent in the West and will likely finish near the bottom" but then fast forward to now where its "MSU will struggle in 2015 because they have to replace too much talent that they lost to the NFL". Talk about your convoluted logic.

Coach34
05-14-2015, 02:33 PM
Logic seems to go out the window with most of these "analysts". Barrett Sallee is still the king of idiots to me because last year about this time it was "MSU has the worst talent in the West and will likely finish near the bottom" but then fast forward to now where its "MSU will struggle in 2015 because they have to replace too much talent that they lost to the NFL". Talk about your convoluted logic.

This all day- They were so wrong about last season its shocking- yet convinced that this year they have us pegged

Hey you dumb****s- Much like Saban has his system of recruiting- so does Mullen. With all the Redshirting we do and the commitment to playing older guys no matter what- you people are now seeing his philosophy pay off.

messageboardsuperhero
05-14-2015, 03:50 PM
I'm just genuinely confused about something...

Last year the verdict was that we didn't have enough talent because our players weren't ranked high coming out of high school. Now the starters this year were ranked higher coming out of high school than the ones last year- but yet all that bad talent that you ragged on all last offseason is now suddenly irreplaceable? Even though the analysts's almightily recruiting rankings that they used to downplay us last year actually say we should be better this year?

Basically, recruiting rankings mean everything. Unless they say MSU should have a good season- in which case they mean nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoning
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch-22_(logic)

BulldogBear
05-14-2015, 03:56 PM
I'm just genuinely confused about something...

Last year the verdict was that we didn't have enough talent because our players weren't ranked high coming out of high school. Now the starters this year were ranked higher coming out of high school than the ones last year- but yet all that bad talent that you ragged on all last offseason is now suddenly irreplaceable? Even though the analysts's almightily recruiting rankings that they used to downplay us last year actually say we should be better this year?

Basically, recruiting rankings mean everything. Unless they say MSU should have a good season- in which case they mean nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoning
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch-22_(logic)

I have 'em figured out. What it really amounts to is they don't want us to be good. Ever. So, they keep finding a way to say this is the year we return to Croomdom. We just keep refusing to cooperate. Good Dogs. A man always love to have a good dog.

"who's a good boy!!!!!?????"

codeDawg
05-14-2015, 05:05 PM

He is the Heisman frontrunner, if you take out Ezekiel Elliott, Dak Prescott, and the other 12 people Vegas has in front of him. They don't count, right?

DancingRabbit
05-14-2015, 09:28 PM

I've seen a few nice articles about Dak, but when these rankings come out they tend to gloss over the fact that we return a QB that put up nearly 4000 yards and 37 TDs.

It's weird how all of a sudden QBs aren't important anymore.

messageboardsuperhero
05-14-2015, 11:13 PM
Will Redmond>Jamerson Love
Fred Ross>Jameon Lewis
Fred Brown/Donald Gray>Robert Johnson
Chris Jones>Kaleb Eulls/PJ Jones
Brandon Bryant>Deontay Evans

So much for "not being able to replace all that talent." Our biggest losses from last year will be Malcolm Johnson, Matt Wells, and Preston Smith- those three will be tough to replace. I feel pretty good about everywhere else except experience on the OL- although we will have more talent there than last year.

SDDawg
05-14-2015, 11:30 PM
Jeremy Johnson is absolute dogshit. I'll bet that Gus is HONGRY and missing Waffle House next season... a lot.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-15-2015, 03:00 PM
This ranking is laughable for a number of reasons. The lack of respect is hilarious to me, but oh well, we shall see...

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/post-spring-sec-power-rankings/

They have always been fools.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-15-2015, 03:02 PM
Kiehl Frazier 2.0

Coach34
05-15-2015, 03:33 PM
Kiehl Frazier 2.0

I disagree- I think the Auburn QB will be pretty good. But he wont be Prescott.

bulldawg28
05-15-2015, 04:58 PM
Will Redmond>Jamerson Love
Fred Ross>Jameon Lewis
Fred Brown/Donald Gray>Robert Johnson
Chris Jones>Kaleb Eulls/PJ Jones
Brandon Bryant>Deontay Evans

So much for "not being able to replace all that talent." Our biggest losses from last year will be Malcolm Johnson, Matt Wells, and Preston Smith- those three will be tough to replace. I feel pretty good about everywhere else except experience on the OL- although we will have more talent there than last year.

This all day.

Coach34
05-15-2015, 05:07 PM
Even with replacing Preston with AJ- we gain a better player vs the run. AJ is physical as hell. But he doesnt rush the passer like Smith does- thats the trade-off.

yjnkdawg
05-15-2015, 07:08 PM
If it's that bad then why click on their sight. No one should ever go to Sds or BR. Imo

BR seems to be just a little better, but that's not saying much positive for them.