PDA

View Full Version : How do the Grizz adjust?

BeastMan
05-13-2015, 12:34 PM
Specifically to the way GS played (or didn't play) Tony Allen giving GS an extra man in the paint in Bogut? Do you start Jeff Green? I'm really curious to see what the answer is because that was a great adjustment by Steve Kerr that set a tone for the game that made the Grizz uncomfortable and GS comfortable. The Grizz have to adjust back forcing the game into their comfort zone and style.

DawgInMemphis
05-13-2015, 12:37 PM
TA is gonna get minutes. He's just got to stop taking wide open looks and drive to either score, draw a foul, or dish it. This isn't the first time teams have given him completely open looks begging him to shoot it. I think the bigger problem was the Grizz transition D. They didn't play GS nearly as well in transition - and they really like to get out and run and put up shots very early in the shot clock.

It_Could_Happen
05-13-2015, 12:44 PM
Tony will play and play a lot. He's to good not to. I think we start:

Conley Lee Green Randolph and Gasol

Someone will have to hit open jump shots tonight to give us a chance because they are going to double gasol and ZBo every time they touch the ball in the post. I would love to see green go off for 20, and I think he or lee will have to for us to have a chance tonight.

BeastMan
05-13-2015, 12:52 PM
I'm definitely not saying Allen doesn't play a lot. All I'm saying is do we see more Green, perhaps starting, to open up the spacing?

jumbo
05-13-2015, 01:00 PM
Play Tony and don't get caught up with the refs. That's what killed us in game 4. Starting bitching about the calls while GS put together a run to end the half.

jumbo
05-13-2015, 01:01 PM
Also, Jeff Green is garbage. Unless he has a lane to drive to the basket he can't do much.

thf24
05-13-2015, 01:02 PM
I'm hearing Tony is going to be out with a hamstring tonight, are y'all hearing differently?

BeastMan
05-13-2015, 01:08 PM
I'm hearing Tony is going to be out with a hamstring tonight, are y'all hearing differently?

Listed as questionable and only played 17 mins last game I think

jumbo
05-13-2015, 01:26 PM
nothing other than questionable right now. my bet is he plays.

MaroomerMill
05-13-2015, 01:57 PM

He will play and probably start. Conley, Allen, Green, Zbo, and Gasol is the best line up against GS. Bringing Lee off the bench gives memphis instant offense. If GS uses Bogut on Allen again I would expect to see him more calmed down and looking to drive or dish, that whole defensive scheme with Bogut playing a rover threw off the entire grizz coaching staff. I also have a hard time seeing Memphis missing 20 shots in the paint again. Thats where Memphis has excelled all year and I look to see that happen tonight. Vince Carter just needs to come in the game and shoot the occasional three, not every time it touches his hands. He needs to realize he is there for locker room support and veteran experience. Memphis wins this game if they do not turn the ball over and hold GS under 40% from 3 point line.

War Machine Dawg
05-13-2015, 03:00 PM
I look for the Grindfather to play, but not a whole lot. Probably a situational defensive sub. I'd start Jeff Green. We really need him to step up. To me, he's our X factor in this series. When he's good, he's a matchup nightmare that creates problems and is capable of going for 20+. Unfortunately, he's been MIA for most of the series. Overall, we just need to get back to what we do: Pound the ball inside and beat up the other team. DawgInMemphis hit the nail on the head in terms of the offensive adjustments Allen needs to make if GS continues to play off and dare him to shoot. He's got to be smart enough to drive in that situation and force their hand.

War Machine Dawg
05-13-2015, 10:17 PM
Anyone watching? The Grindfather didn't dress. Grizz started hot, but GS has comeback to grab the lead. Steph Curry is on fire right now.

TheRef
05-13-2015, 10:19 PM
I'm watching right now. Carter needs to stahp

It_Could_Happen
05-13-2015, 10:30 PM
I'm watching. I even broke out my throwback Vancouver jersey. Trying to pull out everything tonight but it's not working.

cbrunt29
05-13-2015, 10:50 PM
Golden State is just too good

thf24
05-14-2015, 07:47 AM
Didn't stand a chance without Tony. GS is a damn good team. We have an even shot when we have both Conley and TA available to keep both Curry and Thompson frustrated, but without either one we're outmatched in the backcourt.

jumbo
05-14-2015, 09:30 AM
glad I turned it off at halftime. GS is damn good and we have to be at 100% to beat them. Need Tony to come back on Friday and force game 7. then anything can happen.

blacklistedbully
05-14-2015, 01:13 PM
IMO, as stated before, Grizz have to be at their best PLUS GS has to have at least two of Curry, Thompson & Green playing well below average in order for Memphis to have a chance.

Yes, great defense can cause great offensive players to not shoot as well, pass as well, etc, but the way GS's guys were off in the losses went beyond the impact Memphis' defense had. I truly believe it was a case of great defense + off nights to make it even worse.

Also, let's not ignore the fact that GS can play damn good defense too.

Bottom line - GS is the better team, period.