PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question - Baseball Post Season

TXDawg
05-13-2015, 11:39 AM
I don't pay enough attention to understand the selection process very well, but is there any chance we make a Regional if we don't make the SEC Tourney?

Personally, I don't think we should make the NCAA if we can't even make our own Conference Tourney. Just curious if it's possible.

TheRef
05-13-2015, 11:41 AM
Are you talking about this year, or in general?

SaltyDawg
05-13-2015, 11:42 AM
Do you follow college basketball? Basically, we wouldn't make the CBI if we were a basketball team.

So, no - we have zero shot if we miss the SEC Tourney. Only shot at this point to make NCAA Tourney is to get into SEC Tourney and win it all.

State82
05-13-2015, 12:15 PM
It used to be possible to miss the SEC Tourney but make the NCAA. We did it once but that was when only 8 teams made Hoover. Now that 12 teams go, no, if you don't make Hoover you don't make the NCAA.

Quaoarsking
05-13-2015, 05:31 PM
I don't pay enough attention to understand the selection process very well, but is there any chance we make a Regional if we don't make the SEC Tourney?

Personally, I don't think we should make the NCAA if we can't even make our own Conference Tourney. Just curious if it's possible.

Theoretically a team could, although I can't imagine how the 13th best team in the SEC could have the resume to get there.

But no, 2015 Mississippi State has absolutely no chance.

TXDawg
05-13-2015, 06:19 PM
Yes, I was talking about this year and was certain we didn't have a shot. Just didn't know where our RPI put us.

The CBI comparison made it crystal clear.