PDA

View Full Version : Alex London

ZedFedder
05-13-2015, 09:13 AM
How good is he? I know he is from Tuscaloosa and was a Bama commit. Anyone know what made him change his mind? I figured he must be pretty good for Cohen and crew to take him this late. Thanks!

SouthMsDawg
05-13-2015, 10:16 AM
I was wondering the same exact thing.

Todd4State
05-13-2015, 05:37 PM
He throws a mid 80's fastball but has a pretty good curveball. I think he will be a pretty decent college player by the time his career is done.

ScottH
05-13-2015, 06:09 PM
He throws a mid 80's fastball but has a pretty good curveball. I think he will be a pretty decent college player by the time his career is done.

How is his seam height adjustment?

Seriously, how big of a ball adjustment is hs to college.

I'm thinking I need a ball seam seminar from someone.

Todd4State
05-13-2015, 06:17 PM
How is his seam height adjustment?

Seriously, how big of a ball adjustment is hs to college.

I'm thinking I need a ball seam seminar from someone.

I don't think the seam adjustment is that big. It's the fact that these pitchers can't just throw a decent fastball and a below average breaking ball to college hitters and dominate like a lot of them did in high school. So, after they get banged around a little bit or walk a ton of people because they are nibbling they start to actually learn how to pitch.

ZedFedder
05-13-2015, 08:37 PM
Dang, was hoping for a little better review haha. Trust our coaches though. Future Lucas Laster?

Todd4State
05-13-2015, 08:44 PM
Dang, was hoping for a little better review haha. Trust our coaches though. Future Lucas Laster?

I would say more like a LH version of Trevor Fitts because of how his breaking ball is shaped. He's not a WTF recruit though- Alabama obviously wanted him.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-13-2015, 11:25 PM
"I think he will be a pretty decent college player by the time his career is done."

Not knocking you or the player Todd, but isn't this statement the reason we are in the shape we are in now?

At a minimum, I would prefer you saying, "Should get some playing time as a freshman, will compete for a weekend rotation as a soph, and will be a legit SEC starter his junior season". I don't see us fulfilling our wishes as a top tier program without having players fit this description and more.

Look at football for a comparison...we are looking at Dak coming back for his Sr. year; Bear coming into his jr. year; Redmond coming into his sr year, etc. etc. Look at the list we had last year in football coming back.

Until we look at our baseball players the same way and say we have a list of names coming back next year and know they are legit All-SEC caliber players, we won't ever reach the levels we want.

Maybe having a roster full of "Pretty decent college player by the time his career is done" is an improvement over what we have now. Our SEC record isn't "decent", so I'd have to say so. But is this how we want to describe our recruits and the level of talent we want to settle for?