PDA

View Full Version : Good news on Clausell and Ravens

Coach34
05-12-2015, 11:13 AM
@RavensInsider: Ravens gave $10,000 signing bonus to undrafted Mississippi St. tackle Blaine Clausell, highest of rookie free agents: http://t.co/GRqd04719y

Bo Darville
05-12-2015, 11:58 AM
@RavensInsider: Ravens gave $10,000 signing bonus to undrafted Mississippi St. tackle Blaine Clausell, highest of rookie free agents: http://t.co/GRqd04719y

I believe that shows that several other teams were interested in Clausell, and the Ravens really wanted him. The Ravens wanted him and knew that Clausell had other options. Hope he makes the team. Starting at left tackle in the SEC for 3 years prepares you pretty well.

MetEdDawg
05-12-2015, 12:09 PM

To me, Clausell is Mullen's greatest turnaround during his tenure here. He was a 2 star with no D1 offers. Wasn't big enough to play OT when he came in, raw at the position, and was very clearly a project player. But Mullen and Hevesy turned him into a 3 year starter at LT and an undrafted NFL free agent that got a signing bonus.

I know we've had a few others like him come in, but those success stories were from guys like Banks, B Mac, and a few others that very clearly were overlooked and it was obvious when they got on campus. Clausell was for sure a 2 star coming out of high school but he was much more than that at the end of his career. He put in the work, we molded him into what we wanted him to be, and he was a pretty darn good LT for us. Really happy for him that he was able to get this opportunity.

Bo Darville
05-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Someone please jog my memory. Didn't Clausell graduate high school in December and come to MSU in January? Similar to Nick Fitzgerald.

TUSK
05-13-2015, 01:02 AM

$10K,,,?

damn, if he has any eligibility remaining, I'd give him a raise to Xfer to Bammer and block on PAT attempts*.

FISHDAWG
05-13-2015, 07:40 AM
$10K,,,?

damn, if he has any eligibility remaining, I'd give him a raise to Xfer to Bammer and block on PAT attempts*.

forget about blocking them ... yall need to learn to cover the return if missed

Coach34
05-13-2015, 08:36 AM
$10K,,,?

Dont be a dick now- you're time is coming this November

TUSK
05-13-2015, 08:36 PM

I agree that November could be a concern for Bammer....

it may be a watershed moment for Les Miles come the 7th... and the IB is going to (yet again) be a big-time game...

in between are two game that should not be taken lightly...

SDDawg
05-13-2015, 09:23 PM

^^^^^

Boomer15
05-13-2015, 09:43 PM
To me, Clausell is Mullen's greatest turnaround during his tenure here. He was a 2 star with no D1 offers. Wasn't big enough to play OT when he came in, raw at the position, and was very clearly a project player. But Mullen and Hevesy turned him into a 3 year starter at LT and an undrafted NFL free agent that got a signing bonus.

I know we've had a few others like him come in, but those success stories were from guys like Banks, B Mac, and a few others that very clearly were overlooked and it was obvious when they got on campus. Clausell was for sure a 2 star coming out of high school but he was much more than that at the end of his career. He put in the work, we molded him into what we wanted him to be, and he was a pretty darn good LT for us. Really happy for him that he was able to get this opportunity.

I think Mullen should have promoted his story more. He was a 2 star that got here in January. Started for three years, got his bachelor'so degree and then completed his master's. That's a success story.